24/7 PVE The center server. FreaksRUs server *boosted

Serevr:BaysideTerror99

hello we are a pve server The Center ( though we will be doing pvp on the weekends , explained in more detail further down) we are a somewhat small server with 30-ish players ( about 11-13 on at peek times , averaging 5-ish at any given moment). We offer many events and we also have an admin run shop. 

Settings of interest

• Gathering: 3*
  • Taming 7
  • Egg hatch speed 6
  • Mature speed 3
  • we allow survivor downloads* 

Shop information and for the full list of settings visit here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QOlUb2sKxwvPAHXedH7vv7tmKb5tnYR2pwLZUGg9uQg/edit?usp=sharing

settings info is found on the 2nd sheet, change sheets by clicking on it , bottom-ish left corner.  

Events

• Wyvren Wednesdays: look for Barney the Giga and tame him/her , if you succeed you will win a wyvren of the type that matches the gigas stomach color. Barneys location* and level changes every Wednesday so players have a full week to locate and tame him/her. Also it should be noted Barneys level will be very high ( more than max wild) and that you can keep Barney. 
  • Pvp Weekends: Pvp will be enabled on the weekends. But since we are a pve server , with players who mostly play pve it should be noted we do pvp Gentlemen style and with some extra rules/stipulations. A more exahustive outline of how we will do pvp will be on 5/19/2017(expect more info to be posted both here and our other pages). for now know that there are safe zones. The underworld, and all boats are complete safe zones from pvp. Tribes can opt out of pvp ( we are currently working out the logistics) expect flag and armor color to differentiate between pvp and Pve.  
  • Other Events: We are always accepting feedback/ideas for events! and we are in the process of making more events. 

Admins

• Kroma: Shop admin , will not engage in pvp, full admin duties
  • Ben: Shop admin , also will not engage in pvp, full admin duties
  • AUchiha: server owner, plays normal/like a normal player, only does admin/shop stuff when neither of the above are on/capable.will likely engage in pvp on the weekends 
  • Killer: Overflow admin, meaning if none of the above are on he will take on full admin duties otherwise he plays just like an normal player. 

We have a group facebook page (BaysideTerror99) its set to private but you can apply. We also have a server discord https://discord.gg/ZNa3B3c  

*notes: 1: the harvest speed may be at 3 , but player resource damage is lowered a tad and resource health is up a little. meaning that you will need to hit the resource a few times. its a nice balance between a good amount of resources and not getting them all in one hit. 2: we allow survivor downloads as an workaround to the tekgram issue, more on that is two comments down.3:   barney wont be spawned near player structures. 

Add BaysideTerror99 to join.

If you have any questions or comments just ask , i would love to answer them, post them either here, message me on here or message me on xbox(same name).  

so this post is part bump and part explanation.  so 1st off i wanted to explain the reasoning behind allowing survivor downloads seperate from the info post mostly because i dont want to clutter the main post too much. and i dont have to worry about the explanation being too far down since im the only one who posts lol.  

ok so for those of you who dont already know, on the center you can only fight the bosses on one difficulty , which is on easy . On the island you can pick and choose the difficulty setting. given the way ark unlocks tekgrams being able to fight the bosses on all the difficulties is mega important if you have any interest in unlocking any tek beyond the gauntlets , the replicater and the boots if you are very very lucky.  each boss on each difficulty drops/unlocks specific tekgrams so to get them all, you have to fight all three on all three difficulties.  currently on the center you can only fight two bosses  which you end up fighting both at the same time btw, but also you can only fight them on easy. now normally even with all of the above that wouldn't have been enough to warrant survivor downloads, but after many hours of checking and testing it is also impossible to admin summon boss's on other difficulties or to unlock engrams for another player than our selves. this is due to all of the engram commands only affecting the person/admin who typed them.  

so the tldr version is on the center unless your an admin you cant use or unlock any tekgrams besides the boots and gantlets. it is also currently impossible to summon an boss on another difficulty or to unlock engrams for players besides admin (because the engram commands only affect the user/self). 

all  of the above left me and the other three admins , plus a hand full of players from the server to conclude we only had two options. either disable tek for everyone or allow survivor downloads so everyone has the ability to or chance to unlock.use tekgrams.  we chose too allow survivor downloads in case you skipped to the bottom and read very selectively. 

that being said not this weekend, but the next will be a pvp weekend. so if you wish to join us and to have some input on the settings before next friday add me on xbox ( same name) and join my party. as always if you have any questions or comments please post. 

My friend and I will be joining the server pretty soon. We also are peaceful people so if there is a way to not participate in PvP that'd be awesome. We mostly just want to build bases and tame dinos without worrying about it all being destroyed the moment we log out. I like the flag idea to mark off who is or isn't taking part in PvP.

On 4/24/2017 at 1:33 PM, TonedUchiha27 said:

we are a boosted server. a few examples of our settings are 7x taming , 3x exp and 3.5x gathering*

*notes: 3.5x gathering but resource health is slightly higher and the player resource damage is slightly lower. it makes an interesting balance between needing to hit a few times and getting a good amount of resources.

Hmm, I have my doubts on the 3.5x gathering rate. I understand that resource health is increased and resource damage is decreased, which I don't mind, but the gathering rate feels a lot more like 1x or even .5x. Normally when you pick up a stone it would give 7 with a 3.5x gather rate (I believe all rates were doubled by default for all servers a while back) but it instead gives just 1. Could you possibly double check this?

it does give 7 , just gives one per time. it does feel a little weird when doing stuff by hand , but with tools , especially metal tools (and dinos) it gets remarkably better. we experimented for alittle while when we 1st started  and while you do indeed only pick up one stone at a time by hand life is much easier with tools. 

23 hours ago, TonedUchiha27 said:

it does give 7 , just gives one per time. it does feel a little weird when doing stuff by hand , but with tools , especially metal tools (and dinos) it gets remarkably better. we experimented for alittle while when we 1st started  and while you do indeed only pick up one stone at a time by hand life is much easier with tools. 

Ah gotcha. Yeah it isn't so bad now that I have metal tools

Hey, I'm just curious since there weren't any mentions of it in the rules. I'm a fairly new player only been playing a month or so mostly on SP so i can get use to the  game mechanics and the like. A friend and I were considering trying out servers given the lack of tethers and I was wondering if you're going to allow flyer carry so wild dinos can potentially be carried by flyers to taming pens.  Also, what your take is on cave building?  I suppose an example would be around the Ice palace given it's the center as long as tribute was easily accessible and nothing was blocked.  I only planned on being a PvE tribe anyways so being in an active area potentially like that I wouldn't want to be in the way.

flyer pick up is enabled. we do not exactly allow cave building atm , i think we will in the future but it will probably be forced enrollment into pvp due to caves being fairly important locations. as for the ice palace im not entirely sure but i think the same applies there , id join the discord see what the other two admins think. 

Archived