Dedicated PS4 Server errror CE-36329-3

Dedicated PS4 Server errror CE-36329-3

I run a dedicated PS4 server for ARK. It runs 24/7. Starting a few weeks ago, I've started getting error CE-36329-3. Here are some details:

This is a new PS4 Slim, original hard drive and only ARK has been installed on it.
It ran without any issues for a number of weeks. It runs The Island map with all the default "Official Server" settings. Server load averages between 5 and 15 survivors.

Since the valentines day update, the server had error CE-36329-3 three times; about once a week. The server will be running, no issues, then all of the sudden, the whole PS4 goes dark; USB lights off, controller lights off, light bar on PS4 (white/gold/blue depending on PS4 status) off. Hitting the physical PS4 button is the only thing that works. Wait a second, then hit it a 2nd time. PS4 boots up and checks the system storage status and reboots to show the error.

I then start ARK, it mostly loads the server and then says the data is corrupt and deletes it. I copy a backup from PSPlus or USB and start the game back up. It runs for a while then ends up shutting the PS4 off and I'm back to square one.

At this point, it does it between 5 minutes and 3 hours.

I have multiple PS4's here, so I copied the save file to another PS4 that already has ARK installed. The same error happened there, so that is a strong indicator it was not the PS4 itself, but rather something in the game. The fact that it can vary from a few minutes to a few hours indicates that it is not the save file, as it "can" work sometimes but not others. The only thing I can narrow it down to is ARK itself; some sort of coding/bug issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I am currently reinitializing the new PS4 slim that has been running the server for months. I will download everything and try again, but since the crash happened on a separate PS4 within minutes, I do not expect this to resolve anything.

Updated:

After reinitializing the PS4 last night and installing again, I ran the server with a password and only me connected for 8 hours, no issues. I then removed the password and let others connect. After about 7 hours it crashed again. I restored a backup save from mid-day and after running for about 10 minutes it crashed again. I'm at a total loss. I've had it running for a couple hours now again with a password, but what good is it if I'm the only one that can play?

• 2 weeks later...

We are facing the exactly same problem since two days. 
How did u solve it?

Password would be an option, but then each one has to go over Server browser i think?

Or will 1x Invitation be enough for players to join permanently?

Because the console crashes completely, not even a restart by Remote Play is possible. Huge downtimes atm :-/

We now put a Password on the Server. The PS4 definitely Crashes when a new player joins the server.

We can go on like this, but whenever someone invites another player it will crash.

Beside that, the server needs new people from time to time - otherwise it will dry out.

i hope the devs will take a look at this error - its just a pain in the ***

• 2 months later...

Well this is frustrating.  All the regulars agreed it would be okay to wipe out the map and start again for the sake of allowing new players to join.  It's been running for over 2 months without any issues until this week, when it's gone back to the same crashing issue above.  It's done this several times in a row.  My server uses all Official settings, so we're really not happy with the idea of having to start over Again!  Official Servers are so laggy and overpopulated or else I would have just played there.  About ready to quit as are others.  I enjoy new people all the time and do not want to run a closed password protected server just like Quarkyy and besides, if someone gets an invite that is new it crashes the server anyways.

My posts on Reddit.com and Playstation.com did not help any:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Consoles-Peripherals/Ark-survivor-PS4-Error-CE-36329-3/td-p/46158749

https://www.reddit.com/r/arkps4/comments/5wd95k/dedicated_ps4_server_errror_ce363293/

Why can't I get any kind of official response?  It is clearly a bug, and a significant one at that.  It almost seems like there is a hidden limit of how many people can spawn on the ark since creation and once however many thousand people join, then it's "full" and new characters kill the PS4.

Archived