Fan Dossier: Plateosaurus saevaungue

OnePotatoChip

Common Name: Plateosaurus

Species: P. saevaungue

Time Period: Triassic 

Diet: Herbivore

Temperament: Short-Tempered/Hyper Aggressive to Carnivores

Wild:

I had fully been prepared to run for my life when I first laid eyes on Plateosaurus saevaungue. Its bipedal stance, those hooked claws and the shape of its head seemed to indicate that I was in the presence of an unidentified theropod. Imagine my surprise, however, when the creature only offered me a cursory glance before beginning to feed on the leaves of a nearby tree. Imagine my surprise again when I watched the apparent herbivore nearly reduce the tree into splinters with a simple tug of its powerful arms, those terrible claws digging into the bark with ease. It was only later that I learned that this creature was a saurapodomorph that regularly eats the island's strange Rare Flowers and contends with the likes of Tyrannosaurus dominium and Spinosaurus aquareliga on the regular, owing to its unnatural strength and almost berserker-like tendencies when combating bigger carnivores. 

Known Information:

Commonly found in the thick forests of the island (although they do wander in search of Rare Flowers), and standing just below the height of your average Rex, Plateosaurus saevaungue is a curious case. I've noted many similarities between the combat abilities of this creature and those under the effects of the infamous Battle Tartare, coming to the conclusion that Plateosaurus' constant consumption of the drug's primary reagent has infused the species with a lesser equivalent of the Tartare's pros and cons that tend to reveal themselves when confronting larger predators. 

Domesticated:

Riders of Plateosaurus tell me tales of the beasts' prowess, but also how they worry for their mounts' wellbeing. Reduced damage from their natural predators and a bonus to their own damage output is certainly a blessing, but it comes at the cost of their health. The strain on their hearts and circulatory system as they attempt to flatten and maim this Carnotaurus or that Rex slowly chips away at their health overtime. And though the damage may seem minuscule, I've met more negligent riders who force feed their mounts Rare Flowers before combat to stack the affects. But this may not be the main reason most tame Plateosaurus, however. With those hooked claws and powerful arms, Plateosaurus is fully capable of gripping and ripping the strapping of saddles of many mounts to shreds, sending their riders tumbling down and away from the safety of their tamed creature. 

--------

So I thought that a herbivore that actually processed Rare Flowers after eating them would be cool, and I wondered at what would happen. So I got the Battle Tartare Dinosaur which has about a 10% damage resistance from theropods/large carnivores while bolstering about a 25% damage bonus to them. And I figured that maybe it loses...1 point of health every second, and stacking it would result in about 3 points of health every second being lost while gaining about 15% damage resistance and 30% damage bonus? I also figured you could tame it with berries, but Rare Flowers would be its Prime. When not triggered by big beasties, I'd imagine that Plateosaurus would have about the damage output of a Gigantopithecus. 

Dinosaurus_-_Dinosaur_-_Dinosaurio_-_Din

17 hours ago, Kirito said:

wow... This is a neat way too see Plateosaurus. What does the Battle Tartare do(have not played in a while)?

Thanks! And Battle Tartare is practically a food-drug that gives players 15% damage resistance, a 50% movement speed increase, and 65% melee damage increase. But it chips away at health, and the description says that it's addictive. With Plateosaurus eating its main reagent, Rare Flowers, I thought it would be fun to produce a Herbivore that would be just as much of a popular 'power' tame as a Rex or Spino.

1 hour ago, Kirito said:

Wow just me or is Battle Tartare OP? Plateosaurus is a dinosaur that is easily popular enough to be added (not only because of WWD but it was already popular)

Yeah, Battle Tartare is a bit cray, but people hardly use it because they're on mounts half of the time anyhow. And I hope it does get added; I love the way it looks like some sort of hybrid between a sauropod and a theropod. 

Archived