First time playing on a PvE server. Looking for pointers

wolfmind

Hello Ark players,

I've played a bit of Ark in the past, but its always been single player while I get the hang of the game and how things work. I like the idea of trying out an official PvE server and am wondering if there's anything I need to look out for? I'm aware that buildings can't be too near structures the other players have built, but the main thing is just keeping myself alive long enough. Are the creatures tough to fight? Is there a certain area of the map which is better for a new spawn to start? I'd like to start in the RedWood Forests area.

Also, is there an official PvE server that anyone can recommend? 

Thank you

The first thing I learned when going from SP to official? Stay the hell out of the swamp until you've got a Rex or something the kappros can't snag you off of. 

Try spawning in the west and then moving towards the eastern coast. There's usually some good spots along the rivers. Just make sure to scope out any potential spino spawns. The river that runs in front of the green obelisk inland is a hot spot for them and rexes. Try to stay out of the redwoods until you can build a tree platform of some kind. Unless you want to be eaten by terror birds. 

Depends on the server but most other players will help you get started provided you don't prove to be a nuisance. The wiki is your friend!

Archived