Can't even build a Campfire?

biccoaydan

• Volunteer Moderator

@biccoaydan

not all servers are pillared to death--if you have a decent ping to PVE EU-423 there are plenty of places to build. if you ask in global there are helpful tribes (including mine) that will even show you a decent spot to start out. if no one will help you for whatever reason i will be on in an hour and a half or so and will show you to a spot to build. we have a low level trike you can have if you want it too.

@ThzNutz Dude, that's the kindest thing I've heard from this damned community since I started. And honestly, that's the reason I'm done with this game. The community as a whole is terrible, and the fact that I would actually have to get help finding an empty spot is ludicrous. The server admins should be paying more attention. There is NO REASON to have the entire beginning areas blocked off when there is literally an entire world to build in. Then to have that jerk up there tell me I should take my naked-a**, lvl 2 self to the frozen tundra and try to fight T-Rexes or w/e is up there?

I have enough of this in real life, tbh. I bought this game to escape entitled a**holes that think they own everything. I don't need it here.

• Volunteer Moderator

i can understand your frustration. Ark is a sandbox survival game where under most circumstances the admin/GM's are very much "hands off" and servers are run by the tribes that populate them. some servers are hellish because of this, some like 423 are typically good places to play. if you are done thats fine too, refunds are handled by whatever outlet you purchased the game through, for PC that would be Steam. if you are not done, then my offer still stands, spawn South 2 and i'll see you in a bit.

On 9-2-2017 at 1:18 AM, biccoaydan said:

Also the admins have said 0 about this yet, even in a personal courtesy message, so i can only assume they condone this type of harassment and bad-sportsmanship. I definitely don't want to support a company like that.

ARK is a game for bullies and griefers. At least on the official servers. It seems to be Wildcard's idea of "fun" PvP. You're lucky that you didn't get locked up unconscious for a week or so.

I only play on a private server with friends that we admin ourselves. I consider the official servers a very toxic environment that breeds paranoia, anti-social and bullying behavior and is especially unfriendly to new players.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived