PVE Giga'ing?

Jorrmung

On 1/28/2017 at 7:28 AM, Spazakus said:

People dont care who you are or what your doing half the time.  I have had people lure rex's and stuff on my thatch starter hut just because they could see me from their base. 

I've never understood either piece of logic here.  

1. Why would you build so close to another base?  When I log on I try to find a location where I just cannot see another base.  If I have to build far inland I just setup a thatch hut until I can get a bed near where I want to build.
  2. It's much easier to shut down a new builder with a pillar than it is a Rex.  Just throw up a couple pillars if you would like them to move and then throw them about 10-15 foundations of stone and 45-60 walls to go with it.  Most will move gladly.
On 1/28/2017 at 9:54 AM, anubis3691 said:

But the safest you can be, is build behemoth gates around your base. Then, build behemoth gates around your behemoth gates. At least a Titan length away from original gates. This will stop most any gig or Titan attack. You'll have to really P off someone to get them to go thru the effort to work around it.

We've never double gated the gates, and haven't had any issues.  The one thing that we do is we build all of our primary buildings at least 5-7 foundations away from anything so basically they're going to be there quite a long time to destroy the gate.  Just makes the time to destroy the gate counterproductive.

Archived