Server Transfers Coming to Primitive+ on Jan 15,2017??

darkfelt

Upcoming patch notes state:
Upcomng Primitive+ Update: January 15
- Full Primitive+ update with new content and latest main-game features

Does this mean server transfers will be available between P+ servers? Has anyone seen any indication one way or another on this issue?

"latest main-game features" ???

There are some very aggressive large tribes on some P+ servers. No doubt they will be coming for us all if they have the opportunity. 

It would be weird for WC to work on a feature that is broken in the main game and was implemented only because of paid DLC, when we can't play that DLC + primitive+ DLC. Now, if they made primitive+ SE servers I could see transfers coming to primitive+. And destroying the little community that is left in official prim+ servers, of course.

1 hour ago, TheSpirit said:

It would be weird for WC to work on a feature that is broken in the main game and was implemented only because of paid DLC, when we can't play that DLC + primitive+ DLC. Now, if they made primitive+ SE servers I could see transfers coming to primitive+. And destroying the little community that is left in official prim+ servers, of course.

Err, no. It wouldn't destroy it at all. It would make it better. Primitive is not like regular servers where it's stupidly easy to mass explosives and destroy bases in 5 minutes. If you wanted a peaceful building experience, you should have joined a PvE server. I can't wait for SE Prim+ and cross servers for it and I really hope it's coming. I'd preffer only 3 servers to a cluster (1 island, center, and SE together), but will accept all connected too.

7 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

Err, no. It wouldn't destroy it at all. It would make it better. Primitive is not like regular servers where it's stupidly easy to mass explosives and destroy bases in 5 minutes. If you wanted a peaceful building experience, you should have joined a PvE server. I can't wait for SE Prim+ and cross servers for it and I really hope it's coming. I'd preffer only 3 servers to a cluster (1 island, center, and SE together), but will accept all connected too.

So it was "peaceful building experience" before ARK had transfers... Ok.

The problem is when one huge tribe forms they can control all servers quite easily, because there are like 20-30 of them. As you said you can't destroy bases in 5 minutes. So destroying huge tribe that has outpost in the few servers there are of prim+ would be close to impossible. So yes it would destroy it. But now you can try start your sausage waving how no one would destroy you hur dur dur... 

My questions:

• Are we going to get the new animals?
    • New Dino: Cnidaria!
    • New Dino: Troodon!
    • New Dino: Tusoteuthis!
    • New Dino: Pegomastax!
    • New Dino: Therizinosaurus!
    • New Dinos: Achatina
    • New Dinos: Megalosaurus
    • New Dinos: Pachyrhinosaurus
    • New Dinos: Moschops
  • Have the snap points on the buildings been repaired?
    • Will this require me to destroy thousands of items to get them repaired?

I had a couple more but I don't remember them at this point.

1 hour ago, TheSpirit said:

So it was "peaceful building experience" before ARK had transfers... Ok.

The problem is when one huge tribe forms they can control all servers quite easily, because there are like 20-30 of them. As you said you can't destroy bases in 5 minutes. So destroying huge tribe that has outpost in the few servers there are of prim+ would be close to impossible. So yes it would destroy it. But now you can try start your sausage waving how no one would destroy you hur dur dur... 

There is no one large tribe that controls all the servers. Many large tribes cross server raid else this game gets stupidly boring for everyone. Those unprepared/no PvP experience because they started first on the server and kept everyone else small/killed due to paranoia will die yes, but who cares, they weren't really an Alpha tribe to begin with, just some idiots who managed to tame some gigas and quetz first. Maybe people need to work together as a whole server, and not as individual tribes. They created the ability to form alliances for a reason. In prim+ it is also an EFF TON easier to battle an alpha tribe due to a much, much smaller tech gap which is awesome. On Prim+12 we've been battling a Chinese tribe that has pulled out every exploit in the book, (boxed quetz, gigas on quetz platform dropped on bases, etc) their main base completely wrecks the server any time someone loads it yet we are still here battling it out with them, killing gigas and quetz without having any of our own. We started on the server with every obsidian spawn blocked they could find cept for 2 they somehow missed and from that we have managed to mine up some ob picks and unblock the underworld flying entrance obsidian spawns and the skull mouth spawns by HAND. HUNDREDS of concrete foundations.

In short, gitgud. Learn that persistence pays off (most people just cry and quit the second they get wiped once). Your claim that a single alpha would control all the servers is absurd and is the exact same thing as a big alpha tribe controlling one server completely which is equally as stupid. Maybe on normal tech servers, but prim+ is completely different in a great way.

Just now, Plannb23 said:

My questions:

• Are we going to get the new animals?
    • New Dino: Cnidaria!
    • New Dino: Troodon!
    • New Dino: Tusoteuthis!
    • New Dino: Pegomastax!
    • New Dino: Therizinosaurus!
    • New Dinos: Achatina
    • New Dinos: Megalosaurus
    • New Dinos: Pachyrhinosaurus
    • New Dinos: Moschops
  • Have the snap points on the buildings been repaired?
    • Will this require me to destroy thousands of items to get them repaired?

I had a couple more but I don't remember them at this point.

Well I don't remember when did we not get new dinos from the launch of P+ DLC. So I don't think this will be an exception.

Snap point probably won't be fixed. But as Ced staited, structures won't be demolished (well let's hope he is right). So you might need to replace existing structures with bad snap points if everything goes well.

9 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

There is no one large tribe that controls all the servers.

Yes. Because in prim+ there is no transfers and in vanilla there are too many servers. When prim+ officials peak at 30 people I can see a tribe of 30-50 people easily controlling all or most of them. If you think that is impossible, then we can agree to disagree.

9 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

In short, gitgud. Learn that persistence pays off (most people just cry and quit the second they get wiped once).

I have been in a server from day 1 (well earlier than that, but there was a wipe after all), you don't need to teach me persistence. Outlived and helped destroy 3 zerg tribes that took server in the first two months of DLC.

Oh and if you think it's easier to fight big tribes in P+, maybe you should see the insane blueprints that old time tribes fished up before the nerf of fishing. New players don't have a chance. If you think ninja war is what people want from this game, then I'll tell you you are wrong. People want to build up and fight, and that is what happens in my server.

Just now, TheSpirit said:

Yes. Because in prim+ there is no transfers and in vanilla there are too many servers. When prim+ officials peak at 30 people I can see a tribe of 30-50 people easily controlling all or most of them. If you think that is impossible, then we can agree to disagree.

Transfers have only been re-enabled semi-recently. Do you think there weren't big tribes who controlled entire servers before transferred opened up or something?

I have been in a server from day 1 (well earlier than that, but there was a wipe after all), you don't need to teach me persistence. Outlived and helped destroy 3 zerg tribes that took server in the first two months of DLC.

Great, then you yourself have admitted that zerg tribes don't have the same controlling power on prim+ servers than normal servers where the tech gap is much more extreme.

1 minute ago, TheSpirit said:

Well I don't remember when did we not get new dinos from the launch of P+ DLC. So I don't think this will be an exception.

The Allo's were in 739.3 on September 1, 2016, Tapajera was added in 741.1 on September 16, 2016.  To my knowledge both were added after primitive plus was available, but not available on the XBox which I play on.  If I'm not mistaken the only animals we're lacking that "core" servers are able to tame is the list above.  I could be wrong as I haven't done a ton of reading since before the holidays.

6 minutes ago, TheSpirit said:

Snap point probably won't be fixed. But as Ced staited, structures won't be demolished (well let's hope he is right). So you might need to replace existing structures with bad snap points if everything goes well.

Yeah I read his (Ced's) not on twitter that you'll be able to "pick them up" but I'm very leary that this will actually be the case.  For example in a normal sequence you remove the bottom building block you lose everything above it.  That means you've got to pick up every single item in a wall and "re-place" said wall.  My dinosaur pen has probably 528 brick walls, and 352 ceilings.  Do I have to pull them all down and restart the entire building to ensure that the snap points work?

18 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

Transfers have only been re-enabled semi-recently. Do you think there weren't big tribes who controlled entire servers before transferred opened up or something?

Of course there were. And you say they control less now? When they can move freely? Are you kidding...

18 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

Great, then you yourself have admitted that zerg tribes don't have the same controlling power on prim+ servers than normal servers where the tech gap is much more extreme.

(edited last answer in respect to tech gap, don't think you saw it). Yeah it only took 6 months and population of server to go down to 5 people at peak time and release of SE (where these guys obviously went) to destroy their bases, knowing when the owners are not online. That seems healthy. I really want to repeat that. Because that will happen with transfers, big tribes who now own P+ servers will come back to P+ and build bases overnight to wipe servers of 20-30 people who just started a week ago. 

2 minutes ago, Plannb23 said:

The Allo's were in 739.3 on September 1, 2016, Tapajera was added in 741.1 on September 16, 2016.  To my knowledge both were added after primitive plus was available, but not available on the XBox which I play on.  If I'm not mistaken the only animals we're lacking that "core" servers are able to tame is the list above.  I could be wrong as I haven't done a ton of reading since before the holidays.

Yeah I read his (Ced's) not on twitter that you'll be able to "pick them up" but I'm very leary that this will actually be the case.  For example in a normal sequence you remove the bottom building block you lose everything above it.  That means you've got to pick up every single item in a wall and "re-place" said wall.  My dinosaur pen has probably 528 brick walls, and 352 ceilings.  Do I have to pull them all down and restart the entire building to ensure that the snap points work?

Oh sorry I always talk from PC side. The saddles and unique taming is always late but creatures seem to be on time now. 

Him I doubt you will be able to pick up or do anything else than build over them. In my mind I can see that when you try to build on top of existing wall, if that wall is snapped wrong you will build over it in the right snap point. But because your walls are supported from ceiling and foundations they should not fall down. That would mean that you would have to replace every single wall.

Oh sorry I always talk from PC side. The saddles and unique taming is always late but creatures seem to be on time now. 

Yeah on the XBox One we don't have any of those animals yet.

Him I doubt you will be able to pick up or do anything else than build over them. In my mind I can see that when you try to build on top of existing wall, if that wall is snapped wrong you will build over it in the right snap point. But because your walls are supported from ceiling and foundations they should not fall down. That would mean that you would have to replace every single wall.

I don't think I'm explaining this very well so let me see if I can draw this to make a bit more sense.

|                           |                            |                             | 

|             1            |             2             |            3               | 

|                           |                            |                             | 

|            4             |            5              |            6               | 

|             7            |            8              |            9               | 

If all 9 of the above walls have messed up snap points then you would have to start with the single point that you placed them.  The issue there is that there are 528 more of them after that.  Basically you'd have to go to "patient zero" to get it corrected.  Problem is how do you know which one is patient zero?

Just now, Plannb23 said:

If all 9 of the above walls have messed up snap points then you would have to start with the single point that you placed them.  The issue there is that there are 528 more of them after that.  Basically you'd have to go to "patient zero" to get it corrected.  Problem is how do you know which one is patient zero?

that is very good point. First I thought that walls on foundations are on good snap points, but that is not always the case. I don't know, I just don't know... I guess we will find out soon.

10 minutes ago, TheSpirit said:

that is very good point. First I thought that walls on foundations are on good snap points, but that is not always the case. I don't know, I just don't know... I guess we will find out soon.

I had an image of our build to show you the scale I'm talking about and why I'm so worried about how this "pick it up" repair is going to have massive issues for large scale buildings.  As you agreed to in the 9 wall demo above, now imagine it in this image here.

http://imgur.com/a/SE7R8

As you can see our "Ark" is 11 ceilings wide and 36 ceilings long.

Ceilings:  792
Brick Walls:  1034

This doesn't include our house which is attached of course, there are almost 2000 "unique" placed blocks in there and I have to find patient zero to get the entire snap point issue correct so that when I hit a corner I don't wind up with a massive space.  If I can only pick up a single wall at a time, you're talking about a massive time sink as I could be working on a broken snap point the entire time and not know it until I have completely finished replacing the items only to see that they're still screwed up.

That's not the kind of lotto I'm looking to enter here.  I'd much prefer to be able to actually pick them up and put them back in my inventory and start completely over from scratch than I would to randomly try to find the one piece that threw me off.

12 minutes ago, Plannb23 said:

I had an image of our build to show you the scale I'm talking about and why I'm so worried about how this "pick it up" repair is going to have massive issues for large scale buildings.  As you agreed to in the 9 wall demo above, now imagine it in this image here.

http://imgur.com/a/SE7R8

As you can see our "Ark" is 11 ceilings wide and 36 ceilings long.

Ceilings:  792
Brick Walls:  1034

This doesn't include our house which is attached of course, there are almost 2000 "unique" placed blocks in there and I have to find patient zero to get the entire snap point issue correct so that when I hit a corner I don't wind up with a massive space.  If I can only pick up a single wall at a time, you're talking about a massive time sink as I could be working on a broken snap point the entire time and not know it until I have completely finished replacing the items only to see that they're still screwed up.

That's not the kind of lotto I'm looking to enter here.  I'd much prefer to be able to actually pick them up and put them back in my inventory and start completely over from scratch than I would to randomly try to find the one piece that threw me off.

There is hope.

ss+(2017-01-12+at+12.12.54).png

3 minutes ago, darkfelt said:

There is hope.

ss+(2017-01-12+at+12.12.54).png

The issue isn't that the hope is there.  The issue is that being able to pick up a single wall and placing it back down appears at face value to only snap it to what is already there ... meaning an incorrect snap point.  So how do you take a 1000+ item building and correct it if you don't remember where you originally started the building at?

2 minutes ago, TheSpirit said:

Of course there were. And you say they control less now? When they can move freely? Are you kidding...

(edited last answer in respect to tech gap, don't think you saw it). Yeah it only took 9 months and population of server to go down to 5 people at peak time and release of SE (where these guys obviously went) to destroy their bases, knowing when the owners are not online. That seems healthy. I really want to repeat that. Because that will happen with transfers, big tribes who now own P+ servers will come back to P+ and build bases overnight to wipe servers of 20-30 people who just started a week ago. 

Sounds like normal PvP gameplay to me. Numbers give an advantage in pretty much every game I've ever played. Why do you expect this one to be different? If you can't stand being wiped by a big tribe, maybe a PVE server is for you. Being wiped is part of the game, better get used to it.

1 hour ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

On Prim+12 we've been battling a Chinese tribe that has pulled out every exploit in the book, (boxed quetz, gigas on quetz platform dropped on bases, etc) their main base completely wrecks the server any time someone loads it yet we are still here battling it out with them, killing gigas and quetz without having any of our own. We started on the server with every obsidian spawn blocked they could find cept for 2 they somehow missed and from that we have managed to mine up some ob picks and unblock the underworld flying entrance obsidian spawns and the skull mouth spawns by HAND. HUNDREDS of concrete foundations.

In short, gitgud....

Contrary to what you may believe, this is not the game play most players are looking for in P+.  If it was, they would all be joining you on server 12. 

Not all PvP has to be hard core attrition, gutting it out every last moment and regularly having dozens of hours of work destroyed. 

7 minutes ago, darkfelt said:

Contrary to what you may believe, this is not the game play most players are looking for in P+.  If it was, they would all be joining you on server 12. 

Not all PvP has to be hard core attrition, gutting it out every last moment and regularly having dozens of hours of work destroyed. 

You're right, "most" players probably want to peacefully build and tame and breed dinos while being able to crush anyone at the slightest sign of inconvenience. Unfortunately for them that is not what PvP in ARK is. If you wanted that, there are tons and tons of player owned servers and PVE servers. This is, after all, a damned Survival game. The great thing about Prim+ is even if you are completely wiped and every structure you own is gone (which actually rarely happens that someone grinds through all of your structures) you aren't really that far behind since the tech gap is much closer than normal servers.

1 minute ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

Sounds like normal PvP gameplay to me. Numbers give an advantage in pretty much every game I've ever played. Why do you expect this one to be different? If you can't stand being wiped by a big tribe, maybe a PVE server is for you. Being wiped is part of the game, better get used to it.

Maybe WC should put this in game description "Full experience in PvP only for big tribe members". Been wiped many times, but I like servers with people on them, you know "multiplayer", and most people don't stay after getting stomped by players that played for half a year on different server and now can raptor your noob ass.

So I'm in favor of leaving alpha tribes in their "owned" servers, which by this time had become their prisons. raptor them.

11 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

The great thing about Prim+ is even if you are completely wiped and every structure you own is gone (which actually rarely happens that someone grinds through all of your structures) you aren't really that far behind since the tech gap is much closer than normal servers.

Can you tell me what you consider a gap if having 600+% dmg bp for pikes and longbows are not "tech gap". 

9 minutes ago, TheSpirit said:

Maybe WC should put this in game description "Full experience in PvP only for big tribe members". Been wiped many times, but I like servers with people on them, you know "multiplayer", and most people don't stay after getting stomped by players that played for half a year on different server and now can raptor your noob ass.

So I'm in favor of leaving alpha tribes in their "owned" servers, which by this time had become their prisons. raptor them.

Cept we both know this isn't true, you're just spitting out hyperbole. You claimed to have trumped 3 "zerg" tribes, so then obviously zergs aren't a problem, and I am in the processes of PvPing a Chinese tribe that exploits to no end who have more numbers than us. As I said, maybe you need to go play on a custom server or PvE server or learn to be more social and make more friends, Idk, and frankly I don't care cause that's your problem because it sounds like you want to live on a PvP server in peace or something.

9 minutes ago, TheSpirit said:

Can you tell me what you consider a gap if having 600+% dmg bp for pikes and longbows are not "tech gap". 

I just killed a few chinese who had ascendent pikes, muskets, and full sets of journeyman iron armor (they have BP's so we have to deal with that EVERY TIME they come) in primitive effin leather by catching them with bolas. Also sniped down their ascendent platform saddled bronto with longbows and a super bred giga by trapping it in a bear trap when they tried to raid us. Sounds like you need to learn how to PvP which is again, your problem.

Archived