Primitive Plus Patch 1.4 Releasing January 15, 2017.

leucreavus

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Probitas said:

I do NOT pin this on Complex...this falls on the overlords at WC. I can't even begin to imagine how stressful it must be to try updating something and your boss keeps telling you to add more stuff at the same time. Like trying to make a touchdown on a field that keeps getting longer no matter how fast you run.

And this company is not even close to the perfectionism over at RSI.

What do you mean by that? "Add more stuff". Seems to my like Complex is kinda lost in what he is doing, concentrating on stuff that is quite useless, you know, like how bows look or cool looking crafting table...

While we need irrigated cauldron, blowgun, loot table rework for drops, also would be nice to at last place tree platforms and other stuff that cannot be placed. And of course something to make you able to actually see underwater loot crates and something to survive swamp cave. I mean these are things that directly impact the gameplay. Ffs he didn't even know there was no cannon in P+...

32 minutes ago, TheSpirit said:

What do you mean by that? "Add more stuff". Seems to my like Complex is kinda lost in what he is doing, concentrating on stuff that is quite useless, you know, like how bows look or cool looking crafting table...

While we need irrigated cauldron, blowgun, loot table rework for drops, also would be nice to at last place tree platforms and other stuff that cannot be placed. And of course something to make you able to actually see underwater loot crates and something to survive swamp cave. I mean these are things that directly impact the gameplay. Ffs he didn't even know there was no cannon in P+...

Agree! We need useful things more than we need beautiful things. Bug fix on things that are not working, give utility to some tools that are totally useless and so on.. 

what angers me most is the fact that there are bugs now for nearly 3 months. no new saddles, no new working kibble, all things that need repairs. i dont want new stuff added while so much is still broken. and to be realistic - more stuff = many more bugs that will take many more months till they get fixed.

swampcave can be done without much problem- just use healing potions ;-) . 

@TheSpirit

Enduro doesnt work with health pots/blood packs :-) but works great on your mounts , would recommend wolf maybe ;-) its easy then if he has enough hp. for healing him up, bring lots of meat, cause insects dont give much. also there is a shortcut with grappling hook ;-) but that find out by yourself :-) 

13 minutes ago, Praio77 said:

@TheSpirit

Enduro doesnt work with health pots/blood packs :-) but works great on your mounts , would recommend wolf maybe ;-) its easy then if he has enough hp. for healing him up, bring lots of meat, cause insects dont give much. also there is a shortcut with grappling hook ;-) but that find out by yourself :-) 

Bred wolf or perfect tame is enough? 
Also (I just went to the cave) it seems that everything is over spawning, So many spiders and scorpios that they cant even move, is it the same for you?

5 hours ago, TheSpirit said:

I thought it was obvious. WC keeps pushing for more additions all while stuff that should be there is not or not working. They keep moving the goal posts. How anyone can work in that environment is amazing. It usually leads to early burnout for workers. That leads to an inability to meet goals. Considering how slowly this project is moving, the proof of my opinion is in the results.

30 minutes ago, TheSpirit said:

What additions do you mean? New saddles? New taming methods? 

All the new items, saddles, dinos, gear, etc. All these things change the base game to which Prim+ is attached. That the base game is buggy is bad enough, but the "DLC" also has them. When you put them together, small wonder so much fails (which might explain why they keep saying Prim+ and SE won't work together: they don't want to fix it so it will because I suspect they could do it if they wanted). And because the base game keeps changing, Prim+ has to adjust to keep up, which it can't, obviously. Every addition that is not taken into account is one more 'bug' that anyone could see coming. Heck they release content and then disable it later but leave it in game (spike walls). The lack of content that is dependent on tech tiers that are not in Prim+ is also a long standing issue. And every update they push out it seems is not being communicated adequately to the internal teams (do they even have teams? (let alone us)) which accounts for the mess. Can you imagine what will happen when they update to the Tek Tier?

I sometimes think they use a dartboard for planning, and the guy aiming is blindfolded and going by his sense of smell. And how did they come up with ideas like making spike walls not work? What genius thought that was OK? Who thought it would be fun to have dinos that steal things instead of trying to eat you first and then take your stuff (which is actually much more realistic and plausible)?

30 minutes ago, Probitas said:

All the new items, saddles, dinos, gear, etc. All these things change the base game to which Prim+ is attached. That the base game is buggy is bad enough, but the "DLC" also has them. When you put them together, small wonder so much fails (which might explain why they keep saying Prim+ and SE won't work together: they don't want to fix it so it will because I suspect they could do it if they wanted). And because the base game keeps changing, Prim+ has to adjust to keep up, which it can't, obviously. Every addition that is not taken into account is one more 'bug' that anyone could see coming. Heck they release content and then disable it later but leave it in game (spike walls). The lack of content that is dependent on tech tiers that are not in Prim+ is also a long standing issue. And every update they push out it seems is not being communicated adequately to the internal teams which accounts for the mess. Can you imagine what will happen when they update to the Tek Tier?

I sometimes think they use a dartboard for planning, and the guy aiming is blindfolded and going by his sense of smell. And how did they come up with ideas like making spike walls not work? What genius thought that was OK? Who thought it would be fun to have dinos that steal things instead of trying to eat you first and then take your stuff (which is actually much more realistic and plausible)?

Sure, changes in vanilla effect P+ and cause bugs. But how few are those. How much bugs are because of unfinished P+ content? And yet we see work being done on battering rams and viking boats. I mean I get it, Complex might be just creator, designer, not someone who tackles bugs, but still P+ is missing a lot of vanilla equivalent items that actually matter for all people and not RP fans. What was the last item in added to P+? Tudor bar. I mean really? Are there that many RP unofficial servers I don't know about?
SE and Prim+ don't come together for the same reason most of mods didn't work together with it, P+ overwrites everything. Moreover there're duplicates in both DLCs (clay). To fit these two together will take work.
Every bug that is in both P+ and vanilla is not a bug that is fixed by P+ updates, but by global ones. Sure WC is a mess, but it's a mess that get fixed, we have P+ only bugs that have been here for months and were "fixed"  as stated in patch notes.
Nothing will happen with Tek Tier. We will get new resource as will vanilla primitive. 

Last point is just ridiculous I don't even know what to say.

Tl:Dr I don't know who is responsible for fixing bugs in P+, maybe there is nobody (seems to be that way), but you have a lot of work that has been due few months ago. I don't know why Complex is so focused on this RP stuff, but please first things first, there are items that we actually need and not just want.

@TheSpirit

perfect tame wolf with some lvl ups is ok. went in with around 5000 hp and 500 melee. still take care of hundreds of insects swarming to you. they drain stamina, so you cant run away when it gets hard. have to run back some times cause they do a lot of damage. 

all other caves can be done too. just try singleplayer maybe. ohh and grapling hook is great in most caves :-)

18 minutes ago, Praio77 said:

@TheSpirit

perfect tame wolf with some lvl ups is ok. went in with around 5000 hp and 500 melee. still take care of hundreds of insects swarming to you. they drain stamina, so you cant run away when it gets hard. have to run back some times cause they do a lot of damage. 

all other caves can be done too. just try singleplayer maybe. ohh and grapling hook is great in most caves :-)

The insects are not the problem. Full ascendant ghillie 600%+ pike and bow makes it easy. But the damn gas... Need a lot of potions.

Are you F***ing kidding me????? First we couldn't walk through doors and in trying to fix that you screwed up the snap points for the top building tier-making the concept of building a real base impossible. So now instead of fixing the damn snap points for our brick walls you have just decided to make it so that they don't snap at all??? Is anyone else able to place brick walls after this 1.4 update? Look-I'm not an engineer, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this a total cluster f*ck. There are more bugs in prim plus today than there was when it first launched on official servers back in August. Why bother with new items...fix the ones we already have!!!!

On 1/5/2017 at 10:40 PM, Probitas said:

See the problem is that if Prim+ had not been co-opted into a DLC, I'm betting that it would be adjusted to work with all the maps by the modder as part of his modding. WC I think is ensuring it will NOT work with SE for some reason, what I don't know. It's like they took it so they could control how it was used, more than anything else.

The other problem is that if you want to run all three maps as a part of a cluster, if you run Prim+ on Island and Center but not on SE then the game breaks because of a mismatch.

That's a really bad design process, create DLC, co-opt a mod into a DLC, and then have a situation where the DLC will not work together with all the maps in a cluster. What's the point of clusters then if you can't have them all work together? That's enforced gameplay limitation for no reason, or at least no valid reason other than Prim+ doesn't work with SE, because it makes it too hard (which I find dubious, it just makes it so that you won't be building certain items that will not cause you to die if you don't have them.)

As it is just running all three servers without mods has it's own issues, many which have been reported. Which just all goes back to needing the base game fixed instead of all this other expansion. (And I'm sure that Prim+ actually preventing the Tek Tier from being used is a part of this too - because if you play Prim+ then what you want is a base game that isn't full of bugs being used to host a DLC that also has it's own bugs - bugs on top of bugs - making for a poor experience: you certainly don't care about the Tek tier at all.)

Prim plus is coming to scorched.

I love it on PC.  But seriously wild card.  We need primitive plus fixed on Xbox.  Show us that you do still care about all of us.  And seriously ignore what 1% of your players say about not needing the giga.  And nerf it to where it should reasonably should be.  Just a little more powerful than a rex.  Right now it's power is just stupid.  99% of your player base is gets destroyed by these all the time.  With no way to chalange it.  I understand "rule the ark".  But everyone getting decimated on all servers do to a tribe that fears anyone getting even close to looking like they may one day become a threat.  Is a bit ridiculous don't you think.  Super giga was a mistake day one.  It's unrealistic and unfair.  Even makes portions of the map uninhabitable.

14 hours ago, Darkprince388 said:

I love it on PC.  But seriously wild card.  We need primitive plus fixed on Xbox.  Show us that you do still care about all of us.  And seriously ignore what 1% of your players say about not needing the giga.  And nerf it to where it should reasonably should be.  Just a little more powerful than a rex.  Right now it's power is just stupid.  99% of your player base is gets destroyed by these all the time.  With no way to chalange it.  I understand "rule the ark".  But everyone getting decimated on all servers do to a tribe that fears anyone getting even close to looking like they may one day become a threat.  Is a bit ridiculous don't you think.  Super giga was a mistake day one.  It's unrealistic and unfair.  Even makes portions of the map uninhabitable.

The Primitive Plus console patch is scheduled for February 14th, 2017 (Valentines Day). They plan on showing you the primitive plus love then. :Jerblove:

Archived