ARK: Survival Evolved hits Xbox Game Preview Today!

Jatheish

Seriously, I'm 7 hours playing tonight and all I have done is leveled up one time. Is that the object of the game? Cut trees and forage for food. Make a couple of tools, build a bow and a bunch of arrows and when you explore for 5 minutes you die. Start over from scratch because it saves nothing. I'm just trying to get my 34 $ of fun but it's not fun.

On December 16, 2015 at 6:23 AM, Sorenji said:

Alright, can i just say I've played this game a very long time on the PC have way more hours of play time than any normal person should. and thus know that the game takes way longer to understand and find enjoyable than 60 minutes. with that being said why for the love of god WHY is the free trial a 60 minute demo. your basically allowing them to punch trees and die for an hour without getting anything done or see any part of this game. this is not the best way to ship a game to a new community let alone your first attempt at Console controls. at the very least give them 24-48 of game play before expecting them to shell out $40 for a game that for all they will know is just punching trees and starving to death.

Unfortunately it's not the creators fault, it's microsofts all the "preview games" get an hour demo. 

Ark creators, admin, & others, please create new servers for Xbox one. Everyone loves the game, but you will lose fans if they can't even get on to the game. Me and my family want to play it together,  but we can barely get one of us in a server at this point. Please create a lot of more servers, your fans will appreciate it. Thanks.

12 hours ago, colt379 said:

Seriously, I'm 7 hours playing tonight and all I have done is leveled up one time. Is that the object of the game? Cut trees and forage for food. Make a couple of tools, build a bow and a bunch of arrows and when you explore for 5 minutes you die. Start over from scratch because it saves nothing. I'm just trying to get my 34 $ of fun but it's not fun.

Mate I got to level 13 within 5 hours. You must be doing something wrong. Crafting stuff gives you lots of exp. Build a thatch cabin as soon as you can. Then slowly convert it to wood. Kill fish with your spear for food to start with. Make a bed as soon as you can so that when you die, you spawn back at your house. Put a storage box in there as well and put spare weapons and tools in there so that you have them on hand whenever you die. Put a fire in your cabin and cook your meat in there. It's all pretty common sense once you get the hang of it. Hang in there, it gets better. My issue at the moment is with the lack of servers. 

I think the comments about the servers are right. I've been trying since 3pm to get in a server with 2 spaces one for me and one for my brother its now 6 and we cannot even get on the same server. If its a money issue about getting more servers up and running put a donate for servers on and and am sure people who love the game will donate I've played it for n hour or 2 at the most and hell id put towards it to get it sorted. Its just £27 and I cant enjoy it with my friends or family. Just please can something be done about the amount of servers better to have them then not have them and every server be full.

Why was the preview only for 60 mins? - I spent most of this time creating a character and then dying, so really not learning much about game. When I finally got to grips with it a little my time was up

I still did not work out how to level up

Shame about the early access being so little time as EA starwars battlefront was for over 7 hours and that was just a rub and gun game, without the step learning curve this promising title has

The reason it ported to hte xbox one  first is it was developed for windows Originaly. And the xbox one just got a windows ten update making it easier for game makes  to migrate existing games to the xbox one. The ps4 rubs linux so its like developing a totaly different game. Ita not a vast conspiracy its just logic. Xbox one = Windows= same  as steam on a PC

I love this game, but still even after the latest update (adding 30 new official servers), I still haven't been able to find a server that has enough room. Being stuck playing single player  is good to learn the game and all but I would love for you guys to keep adding servers and not some minuscule 30 servers, do some statistics based on how many people bought the pre release and add servers accordingly to comfortably fit the players. It's as simple as that.

On December 27, 2015 at 6:59 AM, colt379 said:

It has a long way to go. You will live the definition of insanity by doing the same thing over and over and upon death...you start over again. No payoff unless you count your level number and blueprints. You make it, die and then make it again. Insanity. Hours of wasted time. 

Dude make a bed in a safe house you spawn there when you die