Windows 2012 Ark Query Issues

Tweeknuts

For Ark Dedicated [376030]

So I'm having a terrible time trying to get a game server on either steam or ark server list. I have tried two different servers and both didn't work. But then I tried my home pc under a DMZ and I have no problem getting it to work (Windows 7). 

I have tried all of this with the firewalls off too. I'm starting to think it's something with Windows 2012 maybe. Went to two different server companies and I can't get these servers to show up on any lists. I can add them to favorites though and they pop up just fine. Nobody else can see them. But they see my test server I made from home. The home one was mirrored EXACTLY on the Windows 2012 servers too. No ports are being blocked either.

Has anyone had any issues with this maybe with Windows 2012?

This is my command line: start ShooterGameServer.exe "C:\Ark\ShooterGame\ShooterGame.uproject" "TheIsland?SessionName=Stuffs?Port=27015?QueryPort=27016?MaxPlayer=100?ServerPassword=Woop?ServerAdminPassword=firstman?listen" -UseBattlEye -nosteamclient

I had -server at the end of that but looks like it's not even needed anymore. It's depreciated but I tried it anyway but didn't work. Thanks! 

14 hours ago, Tweeknuts said:

Well the servers ran just fine. They just were never popping up on the ark lists or anything.  I could put the server ip into the steam server lists under my favorites and it had no problem showing up there.  ASM isn't really supported anymore so not really going to use it anymore :P.

You mean ASL = Ark Server Launcher isn't supported anymore

ASM = ARK Server Manager is supported and up-2-date. Last update was pushed out yesterday to add all new 252 content.

So your issue here is likely your Port=27015

Make it Port=7777

If you turn off raw udp sockets ARK uses the next highest port number for the game port 27016 in your case the same as the query port. Also try making the query port the standard 27015

In summary Port=7777?QueryPort=27015

You should also go to whatismyip.com or a similar website to verify that the IP address you expect to see is being used for outbound traffic is the same as your inbound public IP address on your server.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2016 at 10:21 PM, CyrusVirothian said:

So your issue here is likely your Port=27015

Make it Port=7777

If you turn off raw udp sockets ARK uses the next highest port number for the game port 27016 in your case the same as the query port. Also try making the query port the standard 27015

In summary Port=7777?QueryPort=27015

You should also go to whatismyip.com or a similar website to verify that the IP address you expect to see is being used for outbound traffic is the same as your inbound public IP address on your server.

Naw, it wasn't the port. For some reason Windows 2012 server just isn't working right with it. I went back to Windows Server 2008 and it's been working great. Shows up on the list super fast and no problems. I figured well I need to get more server boxes but not sure how long they will keep supplying Windows Server 2008 OSs on their instant deployment services so I'd get a Windows 2012 and try again. Same issue now. I just can't get my Ark server to show up on steam or the ark server list. Something in Windows 2012 is not being friendly.  I guess I could try and reinstall the network driver but for my luck it will corrupt itself and will have to start over, haha.

I have tried Windows 2012 from different datacenters too just to make sure it wasn't some sort of flaw in one of the instant deployments. I just don't understand what is causing it. I even turned off the firewalls too.  I'd stay with Windows 2008 if I could but it's also 9 years old.

But I can add the IP and port to the steam private server list and it pops up just fine. Good times. haha.

Archived