Afetrmath of Patch server clean up..

Darkdye23

Hello fellow Admins!,

So of course we all know the great patch of 248. I am running a Center map server and everything I have seem to do will not fix the crazy spawning of many Dino's. Not just in the Volcano area, but ion the whole map in general. Seems to me the only fix is to wipe the INI clean and do a fresh start. I do believe this is what Wildcard is saying has to be done, but before doing so. I wanted to reach out to other Admins and see who has done it already? Does your server now work as it should? No over spawns and do your cheats work without crashing the server? I have tried doing a "destroywilddinos" only for it to wipe all Dino's and than crash the server. Doing this now just restarts the server to the last restore point and the problem is of course still there.

sorry also if this post is not in the right area. Thanks for reading.

I think there are still some spawning there after the fix but I'm not certain.  I can say for certain tho that if they are there, they are BARELY there.  Not sure if they just all out removed the spawns to fix the issue or if the spawn rate is now so low that any that do spawn just get eaten by the baddies before I see em, cuz I can't think of a single time I've seen one since the patch fix and a wild dino wipe.

I think they have more or less been removed from the lava area as they should spawn in the swamp. It does seem to be rare to see them around the lava area. Doing the updates and than saving the world followed by a "destroywilddinos" did the trick on the over spawning of all animals. As I not only seen over spawning in the lava are, but in the swamp as well.

Archived