LPT: Tapejaras!

QClectic

Tapejaras can land upside down off over hangs! The angle is awkward but he is on the bottom of "ceilings" and right behind it is the platform from a platform mod. When flying Press X to go strafe up and press C to strafe down. If you turn the mouse 180 you can also turn really fast. Also if you look behind you and press backwards you can still go in the same direction just flying backwards (helpful when you have dinos following you).

I have found tapas around on the Center in the jungles around 50 50 high up, like a little higher than quetzes go but they can also be around the top of the treeline. I have also spotted tapas down in the Underground world with the miniature sun.

As for taming these guys, they are skittish which means they run off. it is suggested that you use a quetz to get one. Though I imagine it possible to get it from the ground if you are in the underground. They also can be bola'd.

If you have any other tips, let me know!

EDIT: Tapas can also be found on scorched earth between the red and blue obelisk. I personally have had good luck with along the desert sand side of the mountain and the red obelisk valley to find them.

1A9E7C4BFF17CA5E151F3C30761F6F28099C68ED

Archived