for this you will need a 2nd xbox one , with ark AND a gold membership . , start ark on youre 2nd xbox , go to host / local , in the right upper corner is a tab 'host player dedicated server' klick this and start it up . now you wil see a screen with the server info , who is in it and so ... now go to your normal xbox , and join this server . you can invite people into the server whit the 2nd xbox .

• 1 year later...

Hello... I'm considering getting a 2nd X-box One to host a Dedicated server to I don't have the 'Tether' in local multiplayer. My question is- if I hosted a Dedicated Server on a 2nd X-box One, would this prevent the 'Tether' in split-screen multiplayer?  If instead I wanted to have my Daughter able to join, and I able to join- would I need then to buy a '3rd' x-box... one for each player which we then log into the 'Dedicated Server' ?  Thanks!

7 minutes ago, ladykaren said:

Hello... I'm considering getting a 2nd X-box One to host a Dedicated server to I don't have the 'Tether' in local multiplayer. My question is- if I hosted a Dedicated Server on a 2nd X-box One, would this prevent the 'Tether' in split-screen multiplayer?  If instead I wanted to have my Daughter able to join, and I able to join- would I need then to buy a '3rd' x-box... one for each player which we then log into the 'Dedicated Server' ?  Thanks!

Wildcard are planning to have a feature to be able to host an xbox server from your Windows 10 PC on the games release so don't buy another Xbox

Archived