DG's ARK Paint files

DirectorGunner

I've always used Photoshop to create paint files for Ark (technically they are "mask" map files),

Today I made a post in my Carnivorous plants threat request and remembered I have fun paint files I could share (some of which aren't appropriate for this forum per TOS)...

so in the spirit of good fun, let the paint pic sharing begin!

iE8Kzyq.png

PLEASE READ THIS LINKED POST TO LEARN HOW TO DO THIS PROPERLY

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=518296250

I'll assume you've read the above post and have ArkPnt downloaded.

Keep in mind (when making your own paint file or derivatives of others), that some items like metal billboards, stretch items to a 2:1 (2 across 1 height) pixel ratio... so in those cases, after you make your image you'll need to shrink it to a 1:1 ratio.

In Photoshop or gimp you can release ratio lock and resize just the horizontal pixels to match the vertical pixels (making it square). After which you'd need to resize down to 256x256 pixels. Player mask files are the only one's that I'm aware of that are 512x512 pixels. The last thing to be sure is to change the image file colors to within the Ark color gamut, and I recommend doing so BEFORE you resize... so let's take the image above for example... after changing the color gamut by using a palette to index color to, and then resizing down to 256x256 we get (I changed it to look okay on a billboard):

EVilRqo.png

Which in game on a metal billboard would look like:

dtTdWoz.png

I'm not a graphic designer.. so if my stuff looks like Poop... sorry.

So I'll add posts with new files and I'll also do any requests that are appropriate... can't do any phallic symbolism here on the forums.. k? lol

Here's one of my favorites I do for my own player:

zscIyft.png

I add my logo on the chest and back, in game it looks like this:

78AEF6C76EF0EDB783E957CB42A7B255C3422833

Again, I'll take any requests  Give me something fun to do.

Here's a good template you can also use to make your own Player body design with location explanations:

UTdUay4.png

Here's without the font to save you time so you don't need to clean it up:

jlbUO9f.png

It's not absolutely perfect, but it's better than what I've found online to date. I didn't like that existing templates were missing parts and were more jagged.

I'm not sure what the splotches next to the right upper arm are for either. I tried looking for a mask file (blank) in the Dev Kit and couldn't find one.. Instead it might be in the code.

Also... This is the Flag I use in Survival of the Fittest.  maybe some of yall would like a custom SOTF flag? if so simply ask

Hvw5rhO.png

Archived