Dino getting random torpor??

spiritessence

Greetings

So I managed to tame a 145 mosasaur. I just went down to give it a saddle, and noticed it was glowing purple around the frame. I then saw that it was slowly getting torpor. Despite not having any enemy creatures or something nearby. Is this a known issue? I havent  been able to google an answer, and Im getting slightly nervous. I really dont want to lose this mosa. It was hell to tame.

Thanks..

• Volunteer Moderator

If you fed it too many narcotics before it finished taming, what you are seeing is the stacked narcotics still taking effect.

You should be okay.  The worst that will happen is that it passes out again, but that should only happen if you went way overboard on the narcotics.

1 minute ago, Jerryn said:

If you fed it too many narcotics before it finished taming, what you are seeing is the stacked narcotics still taking effect.

You should be okay.  The worst that will happen is that it passes out again, but that should only happen if you went way overboard on the narcotics.

Its been like 5 hours after I tamed it though. My only theory is that a sea scoprion stung it, and that the mosa killed it, thats why I couldnt see anything Just wanted to be sure it wasnt a bug that could potentially ruin my newly tamed creature.

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, spiritessence said:

Its been like 5 hours after I tamed it though. My only theory is that a sea scoprion stung it, and that the mosa killed it, thats why I couldnt see anything Just wanted to be sure it wasnt a bug that could potentially ruin my newly tamed creature.

Is the Topor still going up and if so, what level is is at now?

ETA:  This can also happen if you drive Stamina to zero but keep going.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, spiritessence said:

Its still going up. Its at about 9500 / 67260

Yeah, that is a bit strange....and I don't think that is from riding it too hard.

I seem to recall there was bug like this once, but for the life of me, I can't remember the specifics.

In theory, if it hit 67260, it would pass out and then the topor should start to fall.  If it does keep risking, find a safe place for it to sleep, just in case.

As for a sea scoprion, I don't think a few of their stings would cause topor to go up to 9500.

Just now, Jerryn said:

Yeah, that is a bit strange....and I don't think that is from riding it too hard.

I seem to recall there was bug like this once, but for the life of me, I can't remember the specifics.

In theory, if it hit 67260, it would pass out and then the topor should start to fall.  If it does keep risking, find a safe place for it to sleep, just in case.

As for a sea scoprion, I don't think a few of their stings would cause topor to go up to 9500.

yeah I brought it back to my base. Gonna hope for the best I guess  thanks for your replies

5 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

it has stopped. I went off it for a while and now its back down to 0. FALSE ALARM! Although still odd.

Archived