Dead body and all tames fly into ceiling in lava cave. Frustrated.

Posted (edited)

Hello all,

Been enjoying doing a single player run through of ASA on the Island.  There have been some annoying bugs, like Megalodons just popping when they swim on top of each other and tames getting stuck on terrain and things of that nature, but this one has got me livid.  I have gotten to the point in the game where I'm finally hunting my first set of artifacts.  I got the Hunter and the Clever artifacts and was going into the Lava cave to get the Massive artifact.  Got pretty far down into it and was taming all the Dilos and the Scorpions.  Buuut the bats got me with their mega rabies and combined with the heat they managed to kill me.  Got on my backup set of gear and got on my backup Argentavis and flew to the cave to find that my primary Argentavis is now glitched into a wall at the entrance.  I had it set to Passive and not following and it was landed on the ground near the entrance.  No reason it should've ended up in the wall.  After much effort trying to get it out, it eventually popped and died.  It for SURE did not run out of food.  I always leave them with an overabundance of food.  Frustrated I decided to go down into the cave to get my body.  As I started going down, I noticed that my tames that were still down there were now higher than I was which had me confused until I got to the room where I died.  I found that they were now in the ceiling.  I fought off the bats and began searching for my body to which the "Last death" ping was now mysteriously missing.  I stayed down there so long looking for it that I dehydrated and died.  I haven't been wanting to use console commands because I like to be able to get the achievements from the xbox app, but at this point I feel so cheated by the game that I'm willing to try them.  I found a list of console command, but I remember there being one to get your dead bodies back.. Is that not in ASA?  Sorry for the long post.  I'm super frustrated because I've put a lot of time into this game to get this far and to just get totally ripped off.

Edit: Did the "Leavemealone" and "Fly" just to get in there and see what the heck happened, my second body went down along with the tames I had from that run.  Now they are in the floor.  Also the tames from the first run were now on the surface above the room outside of the cave.  Wth is up with this....

Edit Again: saw the ghost command and really got into the nuts and bolts of it.  Found both of my bodies under the map.  Cheated my way through the rest of that dungeon as it seems to be really badly bugged, as when I came back, my backup argentavis was now ALSO stuck in a wall as well as two of the dilos I tamed which had originally bugged their way up to the surface.  Something about the room I was in is breaking the environment.

Edited by RedResurrection

7 hours ago, CptYarrr said:

The above can have numerous solutions. How many hours are in that game? Did you redo the settings? Ever done a wild dinowipe?

Do you use mods?

What are your specs?

Etc, etc. 

Provide us with some more info and we can try to help out.

Hey, thanks for your response.

Day 54, so 54 hours into this game.

I do not use mods.

I have the ark settings as whatever they were by default.

Never done a wild dino wipe, never used console commands until this incident.

On Laptop PC i9-12900H, 3080 TI (16 GB VRAM on laptops) 32 GB 4800MHz DDR5

Posted (edited)

Hey and thanks back. So, do a wilddinowipe first. Stay put for bout 10 to 15 mins, wipe the floor or clean out the stables 😉

Then fly around (in Godmode) and see if you see changes in your spawnpoints. Also check out that cave. 

Next, verify the integrity of your gamefiles thru Steam. Maybe something got corrupted by all those patches wich where needed to patch the patched patch wich got patched.

Before going into settings, you want to try those out first.

Edited by CptYarrr