Hey guys, just a quick question:

So I'm still relatively new to using the mods for Ark Ascended, and I've been playing around mostly with the creature mods. Specifically, the Ark Additions set available on console.

While most of the creatures available tend to appear (some rarer than others), I'm having trouble finding others. The Deinosuchus seems to only show up in caves, which has made attempting to tame them... challenging... since attempting to catch them lounging in the water seems to aggro them, and I've only seen a couple on the surface in one specific spot near the green obelisk. Deinotherium's used to occasionally show up, but now are seemingly non-existent. I've repeatedly checked with both a Dino-Finder mod, and just exploring with the Tek Helmet activated.

I've attempted multiple rampages in the areas they're supposed to spawn to clear up room, and even several wild dino wipes, but it seems to be a persistent issue. If I'm doing something wrong or there is another solution, I'd appreciate it.

P.S. I'm also not sure if simply having so many creature mods is interfering with the spawn rates in general, but I thought I'd ask about that as well.

Edited by SteinMon1920518

Posted (edited)

After installing mods, I tend to always do a wilddinowipe. Then let the game level out a bit and see if that works. Plus see if the mods are compatible. Alternatively, remove them all and reinstall them one by one.

You do NOT want to mess around with spawnrates if you have no clue how to handle that.

Edited by CptYarrr