feature request Please add an autosave feature/option for single player!

MCJamZam

Suggestion

I can't even tell you how many times I've lost tons and tons of progress just because I forget to manually pause the game and save when I get focused on something, only for the game to crash on me.

This seems like a no-brainer solution to me: Please add an autosave feature with an option for the interval between autosaves. So, autosave every x minutes as well as an option to turn autosaves on/off.

I've read online that it's supposed to be saving every 15 minutes already but it doesn't seem to do so in my case, I routinely lose much more time then that when the game crashes and I see that plenty of people are losing hours of progress to crashes only because the game doesn't autosave properly. Just a few minutes ago I rolled back a full tame, some base building and from level 38 back to level 29. I'm not sure how much time exactly passed but I doubt I did all that in less than 15 minutes on mostly default single player settings.

5 replies to this server topic

Not sure how it is in ASA, but in ASE the game was saving every 15 minutes, however, sometimes it rolled your progress back more than that, and
that was simply because the game detected that the savefile was corrupted, and therefore it went back another save etc etc.  (atleast that's what I've been told, accurate or not, I don't really know).

3 hours ago, Zytoril said:

Not sure how it is in ASA, but in ASE the game was saving every 15 minutes, however, sometimes it rolled your progress back more than that, and
that was simply because the game detected that the savefile was corrupted, and therefore it went back another save etc etc.  (atleast that's what I've been told, accurate or not, I don't really know).

I believe it's supposed to work the same in ASA with autosaves (at least, the same autosave setting is available in the GameUserSettings.ini file - default set to every 15 min but I set mine to every 5 min) but it just... doesn't do it. Pretty much every time I crash it just reverts to whatever was the last time I manually paused the game and hit save. I also feel a very slight lag spike when I save that I never get from any autosave, so I'm fairly confident it never does it.

I also posted about this on Reddit and plenty of people are experiencing the same or similar issues when trying to play single player. Some can't even save the game at all, not even manual saves works for them so they simply can't make any progress at all in the game. Seems to me this is really a major issue for a lot of people.

• Sad 1

Same here, now on my second play through and about to start again. Playing on Xbox and I cannot save the game. The last save it made was way more the 30mins lost, I was stream at the time, and that’s all about to go anyway.

the first time I was playing that evening, turned it off. Jumped on in the morning and played for about 2hrs, turned it off and a message popped up saying it couldn’t save and more data. Lost the 2hrs work and couldn’t save the game again. Just got back to where I was before, over the last few days and the same message popped up again. 

Maybe third time’s a charm, then we are talking about ARK

10 hours ago, TheriChaser said:

I lost an afternoon of work today in single player, including my first Rex tame, after logging off the game momentarily. They really need to fix this game.  This has happened to me several times.

6 hours ago, Fisharefriends234 said:

Same here, now on my second play through and about to start again. Playing on Xbox and I cannot save the game. The last save it made was way more the 30mins lost, I was stream at the time, and that’s all about to go anyway.

the first time I was playing that evening, turned it off. Jumped on in the morning and played for about 2hrs, turned it off and a message popped up saying it couldn’t save and more data. Lost the 2hrs work and couldn’t save the game again. Just got back to where I was before, over the last few days and the same message popped up again. 

Maybe third time’s a charm, then we are talking about ARK

Hey guys, not sure if this really leads to anything but if you're having the same issue, feel free to upvote the original post - hoping that might somehow get Wildcard eyes on this :) let's push for a fix asap!