ARK:SE Dedicated Server Clusters help

theslipyshow

Hi,

I'm not sure what the problem is and I've spent a lot of time looking for answers and guides to setting up clusters.

I use a dedicated server with different ARK instances map installs with the same IP and different ports for each map install. The map shows when transferring.

I have added to the server start parms on both maps with same folder location and same clusterID:

-NoTransferFromFiltering -ClusterDirOverride="myfolderlocation" -ClusterId="myclusterID"

Of course without the "" and clusterID is all lowercase letters. It makes the folders and I see my .ark file in it through sftp.

But when transferring to the new map I pick a spawn point because I've not created on that map yet. Then it forces me to create a new character and I tried the download character screen and no characters to download.

So I go back to the main map I was on and have to download my character because I never spawned into the new map yet, which is normal.

In gameuserssettings.ini I also have on both maps:

PreventDownloadDinos=false

PreventDownloadItems=false

PreventDownloadSurvivors=false

PreventUploadDinos=false

PreventUploadItems=false

PreventUploadSurvivors=false

NoTributeDownloads=false

Thank you

on out cluster we use quotes (" ") for the ClusterDirOverride path, to be sure the entire path is parsed correctly (you can avoid them if you don't have spaces or special chars inside the path).

example:

-ClusterDirOverride="E:\asmdata"

be sure you are using absolute path values and not relative paths on all cluster servers.

cluster id instead shall not have quotes and must have no spaces.

Edited by darkradeon

7 hours ago, darkradeon said:

on out cluster we use quotes (" ") for the ClusterDirOverride path, to be sure the entire path is parsed correctly (you can avoid them if you don't have spaces or special chars inside the path).

example:

-ClusterDirOverride="E:\asmdata"

be sure you are using absolute path values and not relative paths on all cluster servers.

cluster id instead shall not have quotes and must have no spaces.

Hi,

That didn't work either. Still same issue. I actually didn't have quotes in the start parms and shouldn't have posted that in OP. But trying quotes didn't work either in start parms: 

-NoTransferFromFiltering -ClusterDirOverride="myfolderlocation" -ClusterId=myclusterID

Before I posted this question I had in server start parms which had the same issue :

-NoTransferFromFiltering -ClusterId=myclusterID

Then after reading more I then added but with same issue: 

-NoTransferFromFiltering -ClusterDirOverride=myfolderlocation -ClusterId=myclusterID

are the server running on the same nic?

also do you have write rights on the cluster directory location?

I also suggest to make a diff between your launching options and ini to check you didn't make any typo.

if you still cannot make it work, try to use ASM for that, myabe it's just a misconfig.

Edited by darkradeon