How is PS5 release so far?? Please post your experienece.

ssjaditya

Hi All,

I just downloaded remotely onto my PS5 but would like to know if anyone has had a chance to test the game in PS5 and what types of issues are you experiencing? I bought on PC and the game just took a poop and I can't play it anymore. I'm hoping the PS5 release is much better. However if not, I'm just going to request a refund immediately until these guys fix their laundry list of issues. I kind of took a chance on this but let me know if that was a mistake. 

Edited by ssjaditya

Hace 12 minutos, BoahDerNervt dijo:

Sin servidores ConsoleSmallTribes Day1 para el lanzamiento de PS5. Payasos. ¿Esperas que juegues en un servidor Smalls donde me enfrente a tramposos de PC dentro de unos meses? si no 

Lo reembolsé.

Mi experiencia fue genial.

Puedes jugar en servidores de consola pequeños, pero con 66 días o 100 días :( 

Edited by wWwDrEaM420

I have recently experienced the PC and Xbox version, so I decided to try the Ps5 Version. Same poop as Xbox. Legacy bugs and issues still in the game, and it's own bugs, making it buggier than the already buggy Survival Evolved. Not even gonna talk about the situation with servers, that needs no introduction. Horrific graphics and frames, obviously. This is Ark Ascended we're talking about. I swear this game only looks slightly good if you have a 4090, which for an unreal engine remaster, is not much of a remaster at all. First game honestly looks better. On Ps5 and Series X, the water looks like poop, it's grainy af. Idk why people are saying the water looks good on PC either. The water is probably the worst looking part of the game in terms of graphics. However, I must say, the effects look pretty good. Now moving on from my long rant about water, the frames. Everyone knows the frames are trash literally anywhere you play. I think with a NASA supercomuter you might be able to squeeze out 60 frames. On Ps5, I get around 30 frames if I'm lucky. On Ps5 third person is on by default. Doesn't tell you how to change it, which sucks because nobody ever plays on third person. Found an option in settings to toggle it, but it's not available. Since the prompts are changed, you need to hold the touchpad to bring up some extra options, allowing you to turn on third person. In fact, a lot of the prompts from Evolved are changed, making the UI even more poop than before. Moving items requires dragging, which on console is awful. In the original game, it requires holding x, the button used to jump. When unlocking engrams, instead of just clicking on it to unlock them like in the original game, you are now forced to click on it, and then click the unlock button at the bottom of the UI. Because the cursor now locks into the middle of items in the UI, it can be pretty annoying to do that. Like other versions, third person riding is so weirdly zoomed out that I have to resort to first person. However, I have only ridden moschops as of now on Ps5. These are my first impressions after all. Now onto some things I like. Building is undoubtedly a massive improvement from the first game. If you've built in this game, I don't need to explain anything. Another thing is how interactive the invironment is. Grass moves realistically, structures break realistically, water effects are realistic, and trees and rocks have a cool breaking animation. Another thing is, Ps5's haptic feedback and adaptive triggers are used. Not used to their fullest potential, but used nonetheless. Great to see support for small things like that. Wild babies are cool I guess, although I can see how people could possibly exploit this for prime meat. FINALLY they got rid of those stupid af cryopods. That poop ruined servers and I'm glad to see them gone. Overall, not much of an improvement, probably a cash grab, but for 60 bucks, it's ok I guess. Since I'm from New Zealand I only had to spend the equivalent of $50 US, so a little bit less pain. Still cheaper than most other games these days. 

I have to turn off volumetric cloud, fog and water layer to 0 to get descent fps. They need to implement VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) 120 Hz support for this title.  Haptic feedback? I feel some on the trigger but haven't experienced any vibration on my dual sense controler. Loading ASA is very quick compared to ASE, so that's positive. Yes they also need to bring back the Press X instead of dragging the items in the UI. Currently only playing single player, haven't tried the servers yet.