You dont own the DLC

xancty

You dont own the DLC
Hey,
i currently played the game on a 2nd steam account via Family Share and me an my friend wanted to go to GEN 2. Then i got kicked out of the server that i dont own the DLC.

Understandable coz family share cant get DLC. Then i bought the complete game also the DLCs needed. I tried to connect again and i got the same message "You dont own the DLC".

I reinstalled GEN 2 and tried again same issue.

Ive tried to go on another DLC map where i didnt go on first with family share conneciton.
Abberation. This map worked. Only diffrence ive NOT visited it first with a family share connection.

Gen 2 i did visit with family share first and then bought everything. my guess is that family share bugged it and i cant go on gen 2 coz of that.

Does anyone have a solution/can help me what to do what i would need to change on the server files eventually

PLS thank you!

35 minutes ago, xancty said:
You dont own the DLC
Hey,
i currently played the game on a 2nd steam account via Family Share and me an my friend wanted to go to GEN 2. Then i got kicked out of the server that i dont own the DLC.

Understandable coz family share cant get DLC. Then i bought the complete game also the DLCs needed. I tried to connect again and i got the same message "You dont own the DLC".

I reinstalled GEN 2 and tried again same issue.

Ive tried to go on another DLC map where i didnt go on first with family share conneciton.
Abberation. This map worked. Only diffrence ive NOT visited it first with a family share connection.

Gen 2 i did visit with family share first and then bought everything. my guess is that family share bugged it and i cant go on gen 2 coz of that.

Does anyone have a solution/can help me what to do what i would need to change on the server files eventually

PLS thank you!

This is a question about Ark Survival Evolved posted in the Ark Survival Ascended General Discussion. There's an Ark Survival Evolved forums section just below this with it's own General Discussion section.

Having said that this sounds like a Steam issue. Did you remove family sharing before buying the game and the DLC or buy it while still having the sharing on? Did you disable the family sharing after buying and try again? If that didn't work you may need to refund the game and rebuy it after disabling the family sharing or ccontact Steam support and hope they can fix possible licensing issues on the account.

Also have you looked in the Steam Library list for Ark? Maybe the family sharing games are separate installs and you need to install the non family sharing section one. Don't have much experience with family sharing.

Oh sorry didnt know  about the general. 
I deactivated family share on the main account. When i bought it i still had it on tough. 
I will completely reinstall the game and try that, if that doesnt work i will refund it most likely. 

But connecting via singleplayer is working fine btw.

Update:
I needed to completely reinstall the whole game like you recommended, it had the family share data still apparently. I could connect on Gen 2. 

Edited by xancty