Laokia

Suggestion

Hello! I have been playing Ark for a long time, across various platforms. With the launch of ASA and crossplay support, I am looki g forward to the ability to continue playing how and where I choose.

My suggestion is to have some way to link your player accounts (at least the IDs) from Steam and Xbox/Windows. This way if you are playing on a cross-platform server you can freely play from whichever platform you wish and switch between them as desired. While maintaining a single character, of course.

So not necessarily a way to transfer saves across platforms, as the player is saved to the server itself... A way to link to your existing player login info from another platform. If that makes sense. Not so much cross-save as cross-login I guess?

This would hopefully be useful for some people. In my case, personally, I have a lot of health issues, and while I prefer playing on PC/Steam, it is often easier for me to play on console. The ability to maintain the same character regardless of being able to sit at the computer or having to be somewhere more comfortable would be amazing.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this! Have a great Thanksgiving and a wonderful holiday!

EDIT: I wanted to clarify my main and only really worthwhile suggestion. I had a couple other suggestions that were either redundant or just really not important.

Edited by Laokia
Clarification, removed redundant extra suggestions

1 reply to this server topic

A suggested method to achieve this is having an optional ingame login to an "Ark" account. Similar to the system/method used by many gaames. The login would then link to the character on the server and as long as you login on whatever platform you would be linked to your character (on servers only).

For security it would be better to require account linking so it only works if you login with a linked system account. That way 2FA can be active for the "Ark" account and will keep outside players from using others accounts. Could also link survivetheark account to it as well