Imprinting Help

DinoFan

I've read numerous posts here and elsewhere.  I'm still not clear on what some (XBox) settings mean and how to get official-like imprinting % per imprint.  After official shutdown, I recreated my base in an offline world.  I don't want SP settings.  So, I run private, non-dedicated with 'Use Single Player Settings' box unchecked.  But, I do want somewhat faster taming, mating, hatching, etc. since this XBox isn't running 24/7.  I currently have the settings below and am good with everything except % of each imprint.  I accidentally imprinted a breeder wyvern and it went up only 11%.  I'm pretty sure they were closer to 20% per imprint in official.  I want the fully imprinted dino to get the official 20% boost, nothing more or less.  But, I also want to imprint about the typical # of times to get to 100% imprinted.  Please help me understand what to change.

• 0.2 = Mating Interval
  • 2.0 = Egg Hatch Speed
  • 3.0 = Baby Mature Speed
  • 0.4 = Baby Cuddle Interval Multiplier
  • 1.0 = Baby Cuddle Grace Period Multiplier
  • 1.0 = Baby Cuddle Lose Imprint Quality Speed Multiplier
  • 1.0 = Baby Imprinting Stat Scale Multiplier

I thought it might be the latter.  But, some articles/posts I read said that affects how much a 100% imprinted dino gains, which i don't want to change.

on 1.0 x rate the wyvern imprint is ~9.1% on each imprint. 19/20% on wyvern imprints sounds like more a double rate EVO event.

On PC (Steam/EGS) those were the rates (I am not sure it consoles had the same rates)

immagine.png.88baaff95713f28640af90ac8ad9634a.png

anyway imprinting doesn't affect lineage stats at all, you can ignore the imprint to be honest.

Edited by darkradeon

I tested the "Baby Imprinting Stat Scale Multiplier" setting.  With my current settings (above), I raised the animals below.  They wanted care about 3.5 hours after they hatched.  I then changed only the "Baby Imprinting Stat Scale Multiplier" setting to 2.0 and repeated.  The care duration was the same as well as the % value that popped up when I gave care.  But, the amount the stats changed by doubled.  So, this setting at 2.0 means your 100% imprinted dino will have 1.4x stats, which is NOT what I want.  So, I'm still hoping someone can tell me how to reduce the # of times I give care while still having 100% imprinted dinos at 1.2x stats.

• Giga - 5% per care
  • Rex - 11% per care
  • Sarco - 25% per care
  • Argentavis - 20% per care
  • Snow Owl - 20% per care

I reverted my change to "Baby Imprinting Stat Scale Multiplier", putting it back to 1.0.  I then changed "Baby Cuddle Interval Multiplier" from 0.4 to 0.8.  It indeed doubled the amount of time before baby dinos want care.  However, it also increased the % of imprint they receive each care while maintaining it as a percentage of a max 1.2x fully imprinted dino, which is what I wanted.  First care imprints:

• Giga - 10% per care
  • Rex - 25% per care
  • Sarco - 50% per care
  • Argentavis - 50% per care
  • Snow Owl - 50% per care

Compared to the values in the post above, you can see that some simply doubled.  But others were more than doubled.  I guess the game is doing some math to try to figure out how much % to add in each care based on the the "Baby Cuddle Interval Multiplier" and perhaps the "Baby Mature Speed" settings.  If I get a chance, I will revert this multiplier and change just the mature speed to see what happens.

It is a shame there is not a single setting to just change the % you get in each care action.

% of imprinting on each care depends by dino time rising, baby rising speed multiplier and baby cuddle interval multiplier. I don't suggest to use values like 0.5 for interval, instead use 0.6 or 0.4 since it will rescale in a better way, giving more extra time in case you miss an imprint by a small amount of time.