Host Your Own Ark Survival Ascended Server in LINUX with my Management Script!

acekorneya

🦖 New Update for Ark Survivors!

**Introducing POK-manager.sh: The Ultimate Ark Survival Ascended Server Management Script**

We are excited to announce the release of POK-manager.sh, a powerful and user-friendly script for managing Ark Survival Ascended Server instances using Docker. Whether you're a seasoned server administrator or new to the world of Ark Survival, POK-manager.sh simplifies the process of creating, managing, and maintaining your server instances.

**Key Features:**
- Easy setup and installation with step-by-step instructions
- Intuitive command-line interface for managing server instances
- Create, start, stop, update, and monitor server instances with simple commands
- Customize server settings, mods, and configuration through the script
- Send chat messages and execute custom RCON commands on server instances
- Schedule automatic server restarts using cron for optimal performance
- Backup and restore server instances with ease
- Comprehensive documentation and troubleshooting guide

POK-manager.sh is designed to streamline your server management tasks, allowing you to focus on enjoying the game with your community. With its extensive set of features and user-friendly interface, POK-manager.sh is the ultimate tool for Ark Survival Ascended Server administrators.

**Getting Started:**
To get started with POK-manager.sh, follow these simple steps:
1. Ensure you have the necessary prerequisites installed (Docker, Docker Compose, Git)
2. Go to the repository from GitHub: https://github.com/Acekorneya/Ark-Survival-Ascended-Server 
3. Follow the installation instructions in the README file
4. Start managing your server instances using the provided commands

For detailed usage instructions, examples, and troubleshooting tips, please refer to the comprehensive README file included in the repository.

**Support and Feedback:**
We value your feedback and are dedicated to providing the best possible experience with POK-manager.sh. If you encounter any issues, have questions, or would like to share your thoughts, please join our Discord server: KNY SERVERS: https://discord.gg/9GJKWjQuXy 

We look forward to hearing from you and seeing the amazing Ark Survival Ascended Server communities you create using POK-manager.sh!

🎮 Join Our Community Cluster Server:
Join Our PVE ARK Cluster Server: POK-PVE-Community-Cluster

- Running Both Map in Cluster and More to Come as they release and added to the cluster 
- PVE: A peaceful environment for your adventures.
- Flyer Carry Enabled: Explore the skies with your tamed creatures.
- Official Server Rates: Balanced gameplay for an enjoyable experience.
- Always Updated and Events run on time of released
- Active Mods: We’re here to assist you whenever you need it.
- Discord Community: Connect with our community and stay updated.
- NO CRYPOD RESTRICTION USE THEM ANYWHERE!..

Make sure to select  "SHOW PLAYER SERVER" To be able to find it in unofficial 

🔗 Join Our Discord: Stay connected and get the latest updates: https://discord.gg/9GJKWjQuXy

Edited by acekorneya

39 minutes ago, LuLuksa said:

Hi, I tried to create the server. But I always get this error message:
wine: failed to open "/usr/games/.wine/drive_c/POK/Steam/steamapps/common/ARK Survival Ascended Dedicated Server/ShooterGame/Binaries/Win64/ArkAscendedServer.exe": c0000135
What am I doing wrong?
Thank you in advance.

Before you start the `docker-compose up -d`, make sure you have created this folders manually. There could be permission errors, so your folder should look something like this. Make sure that the folder names are exactly the same.

Screenshot 2023-11-01 103029.png

If you have already launched the server once, you can try running this command:

```
sudo chown -R 1001:1001 server_directory
```

But make sure you change the `server_directory` with the folder path of your server. For example:

```
sudo chown -R 1001:1001 /home/factorioserver/
```

Then try launching it again and see if that worked for you.
Edited by acekorneya

17 minutes ago, LuLuksa said:

Hello, thanks for your answer I have created the folders as described by you and assign the permissions via chmod has only unfortunately changed nothing.
image.png.667532ce46ea76f7de336ce4e992d5b0.pngimage.png.833622008adb6525b94b935d32fa0659.png

image.png.7d3270958225cddc32acfae6f8f44865.png

it seems like is not installing the server files.. when you check the folder are they empty? if you see a ASA/build_id.txt delete it and run it again to see if it installs the server files 

Edited by acekorneya

@acekorneya This is some amazing work - I'm new to docker containers and running into difficulty figuring out where to land the config file and execute docker from.  Would you be available to assist on Discord?

Either way, excellent job and thanks for posting this for the community.

Edited by bonnFire

21 minutes ago, LuLuksa said:

image.png.50f037f4b060d8ec686ed78bb84987b9.png

I have deleted the file on it the server files were downloaded afterwards these errors came. Sorry if I am being silly.

Do not worry if you see a lot of "fixme" messages. They are warnings from Wine, but I have them showing because this is still a work in progress. Have you opened your ports and checked if you can see the server in-game or using Battlemetrics to find it? The reason I ask is that I do not see the message "wine failed to open" like in the previous images. So it might be running. You can also check to see if the Docker container is running by using something like CTOP to see the RAM usage. If you see it consuming around 11GB, then it is running. and dont worry at all please let me know if you have issue so i can try to fix them lol still work in progress lol 

update:

│
│   0154:fixme:gameux:GameExplorerImpl_VerifyAccess (0000000000D243D0, L"C:\\POK\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\ARK Survival Ascended Dedicated S   │
│   erver\\ShooterGame\\Binaries\\Win64\\ArkAscendedServer.exe", 0000000000B9EAF8)                                                              │
│   01a4:fixme:imm:ImeSetActiveContext (0000000000040058, 1): stub                                                                              │
│   01a4:fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (000000000004004A, 0000000000040058): stub                                                                 │
│   0154:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0000000000B9C6F0 1 C) semi-stub   

if you see this then the server is running and you need to open the ports to see the server i check on my own running ones and i see the same thing

Edited by acekorneya

3 minutes ago, bonnFire said:

@LuLuksa This is some amazing work - I'm new to docker containers and running into difficulty figuring out where to land the config file and execute docker from.  Would you be available to assist on Discord?

Either way, excellent job and thanks for posting this for the community.

yeah i will implement a logic to include a default game.ini file and usersetting.ini file as right now for some reason the dev decided to not include a game.ini file for the servers.. so we have to make our own and if you copy the one from the single player like the game.ini file but you will need to change it to work in the server and it goes inside the /ASA/Saved/Config/WindowsServer folder 

Just now, acekorneya said:

yeah i will implement a logic to include a default game.ini file and usersetting.ini file as right now for some reason the dev decided to not include a game.ini file for the servers.. so we have to make our own and if you copy the one from the single player like the game.ini file but you will need to change it to work in the server and it goes inside the /ASA/Saved/Config/WindowsServer folder 

Ah the config file I was referring to is the docker-compose.yml
as well as where to place the manual folders.
and where to execute "docker-compose up -d" from - it's possible I've set it all up incorrectly as I'm new to docker.

I'd gladly tip for some assistance to get it up and running

8 minutes ago, acekorneya said:

Do not worry if you see a lot of "fixme" messages. They are warnings from Wine, but I have them showing because this is still a work in progress. Have you opened your ports and checked if you can see the server in-game or using Battlemetrics to find it? The reason I ask is that I do not see the message "wine failed to open" like in the previous images. So it might be running. You can also check to see if the Docker container is running by using something like CTOP to see the RAM usage. If you see it consuming around 11GB, then it is running. and dont worry at all please let me know if you have issue so i can try to fix them lol still work in progress lol 

No the server does not run because it does not consume 11 Gb ram.

image.png.b1645a9607b138f02ae106470f4a5042.png

Translated: Error No servers could be found at this address.

2 hours ago, LuLuksa said:

No the server does not run because it does not consume 11 Gb ram.

image.png.b1645a9607b138f02ae106470f4a5042.png

Translated: Error No servers could be found at this address.

that weird it should be running technically... well i don't know what environment you running this but for me i just use a machine with Linux install and docker, and docker compose installed and i used ctop to monitor.. and you will need to use battlemetric to see if the server is online or in-game using Steam to view server doesn't work from experience 

Edited by acekorneya

1 hour ago, bonnFire said:

Ah the config file I was referring to is the docker-compose.yml
as well as where to place the manual folders.
and where to execute "docker-compose up -d" from - it's possible I've set it all up incorrectly as I'm new to docker.

I'd gladly tip for some assistance to get it up and running

first make sure you have docker and docker compose installed on the machine then all you have to do is make a folder for the server in you Linux machine, then make a docker-compose.yaml file just by copying it from the GitHub and place it in the folder and make the 3 other folder manually and name the the same as the described.. then you navigate to that folder in Linux and use the sudo docker compose up -d (-d flag is to go in the background) then it should do everything else then you just have to add the game.ini file and modify the usersetting.ini file to your liking.. 

Edited by acekorneya

12 minutes ago, acekorneya said:

so all yeah have to do is make a folder for the server in you Linux machine, then make a docker-compose.yaml file just by copying it from the GitHub and place it in the folder and make the 3 other folder manually and name the the same as the described.. then you navigate to that folder in Linux and use the sudo docker compose up -d (-d flag is to go in the background) then it should do everything else then you just have to add the game.ini file and modify the usersetting.ini file to your liking.. 

Understood, after doing so I'm now getting an error for lacking a Dockerfile

failed to solve: failed to read dockerfile: open /var/lib/docker/tmp/buildkit-mount2105265506/Dockerfile: no such file or directory

image.png.35824f56c28a82d924cc55f7023756b3.png

10 hours ago, bonnFire said:

Understood, after doing so I'm now getting an error for lacking a Dockerfile

failed to solve: failed to read dockerfile: open /var/lib/docker/tmp/buildkit-mount2105265506/Dockerfile: no such file or directory

image.png.35824f56c28a82d924cc55f7023756b3.png

your trying to rebuilt the docker file you dont have to that.. all you have to do it create a docker-compose.yaml file place it inside the folder where the 3 folder are  and then do docker compose up  from inside that folder and make sure you have docker and docker compose installed on the machine 

551877817_Screenshot2023-11-01103029.png.5e6b30833594cfee28b4bf0cd310559f.png

Edited by acekorneya

54 minutes ago, AniMoGOD said:

I dont know what im doing wrong i dont know what im missing.

any help would be appreciated

Screenshot 2023-11-01 230712.png

sorry there was a typo on the docker compose file i've update them but it should be this 

version: '2.4'

services:
  asaserver:
    build: .
    image: acekorneya/asa_server:latest
    container_name: asa_Server
    restart: unless-stopped
    environment:
      - PUID=1001
      - PGID=1001
      - MAP_NAME=TheIsland
      - SESSION_NAME=Server_name
      - SERVER_ADMIN_PASSWORD=MyPassword
      - ASA_PORT=7777
      - QUERY_PORT=27015
      - MAX_PLAYERS=70
      - CLUSTER_ID=cluster
    ports:
      - "7777:7777/tcp"
      - "7777:7777/udp"
      - "27015:27015/tcp"
      - "27015:27015/udp"
    volumes:
      - "./ASA:/usr/games/.wine/drive_c/POK/Steam/steamapps/common/ARK Survival Ascended Dedicated Server/ShooterGame"
      - "./ARK Survival Ascended Dedicated Server:/usr/games/.wine/drive_c/POK/Steam/steamapps/common/ARK Survival Ascended Dedicated Server"
      - "./Cluster:/usr/games/.wine/drive_c/POK/Steam/steamapps/common/ShooterGame"
    memswap_limit: 16G
    mem_limit: 12G 

the main differance is "image: acekorneya/asa_server:latest" before was this"asa_server:latest" which was incorrect just make sure to make those 3 folder before you start it 

Edited by acekorneya

1 hour ago, acekorneya said:

Near the bottom you can see that it says "Steam need to be online to update. please confirm your network connection and try again." like it seem like the program cant access the internet on your system to download the server files 

I will leave it there for now because it conflicts with my pterodactyl panel. Had to reinstall docker. if you have a solution for this or maybe I did something wrong. But for reals thanks for your work on this and for trying to help me.

7 minutes ago, AniMoGOD said:

I will leave it there for now because it conflicts with my pterodactyl panel. Had to reinstall docker. if you have a solution for this or maybe I did something wrong. But for reals thanks for your work on this and for trying to help me.

no i haven't tested it with pterodactyl to make sure it can run with their eggs etc 

Hi,

Thanks for the Docker image.

I'm getting the following error message:

01cc:err:sync:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 000000000598A3C8 (null) wait timed out in thread 01cc, blocked by 0178, retrying (60 sec)
01c8:err:sync:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 000000000598A3C8 (null) wait timed out in thread 01c8, blocked by 0178, retrying (60 sec)
017c:err:sync:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 000000000598A3C8 (null) wait timed out in thread 017c, blocked by 0178, retrying (60 sec)

It looks like the server is starting up, and I can see that it's using around 5-6 GB of memory, but then the error message appears and it shuts down to around 500 MB of RAM.

File structure:

drwxrwxrwx 3 1001 1001  19 Nov  1 23:49 Binaries/
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   9 Nov  2 07:52 build_id.txt
drwxrwxrwx 2 1001 1001   6 Nov  1 23:39 Cluster/
drwxrwxrwx 5 1001 1001  46 Nov  1 23:53 Content/
drwxrwxrwx 4 1001 1001  34 Nov  1 23:53 Plugins/
drwxrwxrwx 5 1001 1001  49 Nov  1 23:54 Saved/

drwxrwxrwx 4  1001  1001 281 Nov  1 23:49 'ARK Survival Ascended Dedicated Server'/
drwxrwxrwx 7  1001  1001 100 Nov  2 07:52  ASA/
drwxrwxrwx 2  1001  1001   6 Nov  1 21:26  Cluster/
-rwxrwxrwx 1  1001  1001 991 Nov  1 23:35  docker-compose.yml*

This is abnormal, as the build_id.txt file should not be owned by root?

• acekorneya changed the title to Host Your Own Ark Survival Ascended Server in LINUX with My Docker Image!
  • acekorneya changed the title to Host Your Own Ark Survival Ascended Server in LINUX with my Management Script!