Andypanndy

Suggestion

Camels.jpg.9e281a4ac62773e9b523ad7db92c9449.jpg.0f5f76f956eec3d59ed45f45bce59e56.jpg
🎨- hodarinundu

Common Name: Giant Camel
Species: Megatylopus Adaptecus 
Time: Late Miocene - Late Pliocene
Diet: Herbivore
Temperament: Contrary

Wild:
Megatylopus is a large extinct species of camel. they are well built up to survive in harsh diverse locations. you can spot them in a variety of different habitats from the desserts to the cold snowy areas and to the grasslands in-between. These creatures are a lot more surprising than they appear too, at first glance you might think that they are harmless, however they actually have quite a bad temperament. I have heard stories about how contrary they can be, they have very powerful kicks and surprisingly enough they spit too. They might even bite you, so be careful. With how large these camels are it seems that small creatures don't really approach or disturb them. When you spot the Megatylopus, others normally are not too far away, you can often find them in herds.

Domesticated:
These Giant camels are quite valuable if you can manage to tame one, when they warm up to you there actually pretty loyal however, sometimes they still might occasionally spit on you so you do got to be careful not to upset them. these camels have evolved and adapted over time and make great travel companions, they even can keep a survivor warm in colder climates. I have heard rumours of them being able to produce a delicious milk that is able to not only sustain survivours but tames and creatures also. 

Abilities:
Camel milk - camels can be milked to provide nutritional milk suitable for both survivors which it provides them with both food and water, and can be fed to baby dinosaurs. it would help dinosaurs grow healthier and keep them fuller for longer.
Insulation - these camels can keep survivors warmer in different climates so they provide an insulation buff to the rider. 
Toxic Spit - these camels have adapted over time and I am not sure if its something the ark caused, but their saliva seems to have an effect that causes those who have been spat on to become super drowsy super fast, try not to get spit on to much or you will pass out. 
Weight reduction - when saddled its very impressive how much these camels are able to carry! they are very efficient in carrying things across long distances at ease. They have a weight reduction on all resources.

5bfedcce341ed8d913c4df474126897b.png.55cf274963acf0d4a9ac0e87dd4930be.png

Drops:
Raw_Meat.webp.8246011bbc676884b4f8f6b5cec88a0f.webp Raw meat 
Hide.webp.833b624700602d3bd3477729bfadb23b.webp Hide

Taming:
So taming these creatures involves a silly little method. First you would want to make sure that you are in a safe area, if the area is not safe you would want to either clear the area or lure it to somewhere safe. They will be able to sense/smell the food you have for taming them. Then you actually want to anger it by by not giving it the food quick enough so it gets annoyed and spits on you, knocking you unconscious and then it will take some of the food from your inventory. you want to repeat this process until you have tamed it.  then you will have your very own giant camel.

Saddle Concept:
Two different versions of saddles, One being a platform saddle which surviors can build upon. The other being a simple saddle that could hold up to  two surivors, with an option to add various attachments such as planters to the saddle which could work as a portable crop plot. so you can plant and grow your own crops on the go. 

4508086.jpg.03b149eac398cfeda30ee49d6c0c9016.jpg                  Screenshot_1.png.2d88cf9be13473fab87a0ed84cf8a75a.png

see more about camels here at these sources i used: 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camelops
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/the-giant-camels-of-the-prehistoric-high-arctic
🎨https://www.instagram.com/hodarinundu/?hl=en
https://revolutionsintrade.weebly.com/the-camel-saddle/the-camel-saddle

Edited by Andypanndy

9 replies to this server topic

14 hours ago, DinoBestia said:

This creature in a role server would be great

aww i think that they would be great in rp and normal servers too with the their useful abilities 😄

14 hours ago, JustQuags said:

It is a better Equus, but still it doesn't out classes it (doe to its difficult wet unique tame method). Plus we need a camel in the game. 10/10

im glad to hear that you liked it 😄i thought it would be a super different and funny new kinda way that they could be tamed. and yea i am happy that they wont outsine or take away from other creatures such as the equus. 🥰 plus yea we dont have a camel yet so it would be a nice addition. 🙂

Edited by Andypanndy

On 9/7/2023 at 11:04 PM, Gecko1611 said:

This is a good idea. It could be like a mammalian terrestrial battleship. It would be cool in Crystal Isles.

13 hours ago, DayDreaming said:

I really like this idea 🐪🐫

I am glad you guys like it 🥰 thanks for the support.

13 hours ago, Blackcard said:

We need more desert creatures I think this is a great idea and they should come in herds like most morella tops 

I completely agree we really do need more desert creatures, interestingly too these creatures were super diverse and able to survive in other habitats from deserts to snow and grasslands as well and i think it would be great if they spawned in herds. 😄