Masiakasaurus - The Living Grinder!

pourk

Suggestion

Masiakasaurus**
Deep within the wastelands, dwells a fierce carnivore that wields the corruption like an all devouring weapon!

**Disclaimer: I do not have much on this idea outside of broad thoughts, so the information here will be limited and I would love to add in others ideas and add art as that goes on! This is more of a submission to play around with how you might interpret aspects of this creature.

IMG_0073.jpeg.4390302428652c282aea29bc18cf8042.jpeg

Industrial Grinder

One of the main ideas towards something like this, is utilizing the skull shape here. Perhaps the Masiakasaurus could weaponize the corruption towards its digestive tract. Leaving the familiar blue and black veining on the underside of the creature and inside of its mouth. Its teeth can be strengthened and fused into the jaw in such a way that it allows it to bite right through even the strongest metals given time. This could give us a mobile industrial grinder.
     Feeding the Masaikasaurus any item will give you similar results to that of the industrial grinder we use today. Depending on the materials of the item and the quality, depends on how long it takes the Masiakasaurus to tear it back down to its basic ingredients.

Item Gathering

Added to this, is the ability to gather greater items such as polymer and even up to element. With claws as strong as its teeth, the Masaikasaurus takes pride in its work against inorganic material. Perhaps leveling it up in specific items much like with the Moschops or Therizinosaurus.

Acidic Spit

Along with a stronger digestive system, comes the ability to digest these inorganic materials. The Masiakasaurus has learned to use this to their advantage. They can use this in two ways:
     Spitting The Masiaksaurus can spit this acid onto its enemies, immobilizing OR slowing them down. This acid also applies damage over time - a defensive creature.
     Bite Even with just a bite, the Masiakasaurus has this acid in their mouth. The chemical in this acid allows the highly sensitive sense of smell it has to track these creatures down. This can be tweeked,

Strong Claws

As mentioned before, their teeth have been strengthened and so has their claws. With these claws, they cause extra damage against armor and bleed upon creatures who hopelessly stumble across their path.

Speed Demon

As yet to be mentioned, the Masiakasaurus in this state craves gasoline. It can consume this liquid gas to power themselves and one of these things are, yes, movement! 

I’ve thought these creatures, even as carnivores, will blast off from attackers. This is because of their diet: wasting time on a meal that is less beneficial to them than metal and element that doesn’t tend to fight back - just doesn’t interest them.
Though, it’s hard to imagine a carnivore that would rather run away in Ark.
Just some thoughts so far!

I have much more I need to work on and hammer out, but these are the very basics! I would like to work on a design of where it permanently expresses its corruption. Such places where it can express this gas from consuming gasoline. As well as something that can power its legs to boost movement speed.

Images for a basic idea:

Masiakasaurus_FMNH.jpeg.44fe60ead5a48b4d26093fabbe756277.jpeg

istockphoto-540497652-612x612.jpeg.80cb67c4dfccec8fec9134a60807ea3c.jpeg

masiakasaurus-dinosaur-head-12998015.jpg.webp.26680998d6c38b37316a6f81721f658c.webp

Images linked back to multiple photobucket links, would love to find a better link to bring to more information if anyone knows of any!

Edited by pourk

3 replies to this server topic