Archimylacris "Cockroach"- The True survivor!!!!!

Tarbonite

Suggestion

20230901_233810.jpg.c2507ff3cf734d03196a1a94221650bb.jpg

Artwork by Drawolf

Species: Cockroach

Time: Carboniferous 

Diet: Carrion-Feeder

Temperament: Friendly

Wild:

I theorize these big roaches were original surviving denizens of the planet, that would make them hardy little things so I've nicknamed them Megaloblatta Redivivus or "cockroach reborn". I've seen groups of them gather and eat on decaying corpses, and sucking the dust out of the old ruins and rusting constructs, it seems they've evolved to thrive in this city. These bugs do not fear humans at all, they seems to follow them around hoping to scavenge food. Maybe a leftover behavioral trait when humans were still around.

Tamed:

A Domesticated Archimylacris is quite useful, it's survival intuition to detect potential enemies is unmatched. It will chirp when a human enemy is detected and will hiss and let out a ear splitting shriek when they get too close, disorienting them and giving temporary tinnitus. Opening up for you to counter attack! 

Another trait is that it can sense when it's survivor is on the verge of collapse from torpor the Archimylacris acts as an alarm clock which jolts them awake.

As it comes along with you on your journeys you'll notice it only harvests spoiled meat from corpses, and element dust from constructs. It's one of the best, if not the best at gathering element dust. 

20230901_233818.jpg.5aa1e5025a6c3712dacc665f143b4caa.jpg

Gameplay:

The Archimylacris is a shoulder pet that can be utilized in PVP and PVE, you can pick which targets you want it to stun and disorient whether that be human players or aggressive creatures or both. The biggest creature it would effect being the mammoth. 

If the Archimylacris has both spoiled meat and element dust in it's inventory it's droppings will be element charged. These droppings are fantastic for growing Plant species, but will almost instantly kill crops. The droppings can also be thrown by Deinopithicus, it'll have a stunning effect like a shocking tranq dart without the torpor. But the real kicker, if these dropping are placed as ammo in your plant species X plants it'll charge the plant and make the usual green colored spores blue and shoot faster and hit harder.

How to tame Archimylacris:

Wild Archimylacris live groups of three or more in the ruined city of sanctuary, clinging to walls or skittering around the floor. You can rarely see them out and about in the wasteland scavenging the bodies the corrupted creatures leave around.

As they begin to curiously follow you, kill any enforcers or defense units in the surrounding area. The Archimylacris will respond and begin to suck out the dust and initiates the taming process similar to a Fjordhawk. Eventually it will trust you and start asking for hand feedings of dust or petting.

Keep the Archimylacris away from any and all Megatherium found on the sanctuary floor if you wanna keep it alive.

Thank you for reading, and feel free to leave any questions or suggestions.

Artist:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://twitter.com/WolfTek7&ved=2ahUKEwjO0eug26GAAxU4jIkEHQScAcsQjjh6BAgPEAE&usg=AOvVaw11D6h3AyWt1fDtsABPIGNd

12 replies to this server topic

2 hours ago, Rutabaga said:

A roach does feel unreasonably fitting for Extinction (and I guess Aberration as well, although that vote has obviously come and gone). I'd be fine getting something like this, but as a shoulder pet, it'll definitely be fighting an uphill battle.

But a bigger one would feel repetitive after the Rhynio imho.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rutabaga said:

A roach does feel unreasonably fitting for Extinction (and I guess Aberration as well, although that vote has obviously come and gone). I'd be fine getting something like this, but as a shoulder pet, it'll definitely be fighting an uphill battle.

I thought about making it bigger but we already have so many new large beasts in extinction and no shoulder Pets so I felt this would be more appropriate.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GreenMailMan said:

This is still the most fitting in my opinion. A shoulder pet for Extinction and being a cockroach is perfect. Sad the community only truly cares about large carnivores for the most part.

I agree, keep an eye out for me during the Genesis part 1 vote, I got something interesting cooking... 🐸

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tarbonite said:

I agree, keep an eye out for me during the Genesis part 1 vote, I got something interesting cooking... 🐸

I will, I hope this the best.

If it interests u, I posted a dino too, The Minmi. Check it out and if any of those ideas peek ur interest feel free to use them for this guy.

Also drop a vote if u like it, I know it won't make it into top 10 but the ideas r pretty cool and the votes give me serotonin lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GreenMailMan said:

I will, I hope this the best.

If it interests u, I posted a dino too, The Minmi. Check it out and if any of those ideas peek ur interest feel free to use them for this guy.

Also drop a vote if u like it, I know it won't make it into top 10 but the ideas r pretty cool and the votes give me serotonin lol

Absolutely, I love seeing new and creative creations, gets my brain moving and gives me serotonin lol

• Like 1