Suggestion

Hi everyone! I wanted to focus on Extinction's wasteland: a creature that would make the wastelands more livable when tamed, speciflcally. Also, I thought it would be fun if the wasteland had its own wyvern-like variant.

I'm so sorry there's so little information rn, I'm busy with college and haven't had the time to draft a description! I hope the tags clarify things until I'm able to put something better together...image.png

I don't have access to research on the real-world Anguis Rarus, so I don't know if they were true legless lizards or not... I do like the little legs, though, at least for the sake of making them different from basilisks.

Edit:

1. "Meteor Protection"
Your angu can predict an oncoming meteor storm. Too far from safety? It's ok, just go underground! The angu can burrow underground while keeping its rider perfectly safe, either allowing you to get to a safe place, or allowing you to continue exploring!

2. "Increased Damage After Killing Corrupt Creatures"
The Angu has a grudge to bear against corrupt creatures, and upon killing enough of them, it will enter into a frenzy! I'm not sure what the damage buff should be in this case, probably better off if somebody with more experience in game dev figures that out. Yes, this would hopefully work in loot/element raids.

3. "Corrupt Creature Deaggro"
That glowing throat pouch allows the Angu to deliver a wretching scream, which seems to temporarily confuse corrupted creatures! Good for getting the little pests off your back.

4. "Preserves Corrupt Nodules"
The anguis can preserve corrupt nodules for a long period -- poly in droves for you! This one might be a little OP, so I won't be disappointed if it wouldn't make the cut.

5. "Wasteland Debuff Reduction"
If it's gonna be a creature that makes the wastelands more fun, being able to reduce the debuff is key to that. Gross explanation: it's some kind of slime they secrete from being element-affected.

6. "Breath Attack"

Speaking of gross ideas, (and them being wyvern-adjacent), one of the largest living legless lizards is mythologized to turn into glass -- so, what if that element-affected throat patch allows them to frow up a chemical mixture that crystallizes instantly, allowing them to perform crowd control during loot/element raids? I feel like that idea could be better expanded on, but gotta throw it out there.

Open to suggestions on how they should be tamed! I'm always partial to KO taming, though.

Edited by SpinosaurIso

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet