Shunosaurus Scutumtonantis - the TEK shielded, element harvesting sauropod!

demonelite12

Suggestion

Meet the shunosaurus! A mid-sized sauropod with a club like appendage in its tail!

My idea for the shunosaurus is that its tail club is so dense that it surpasses the ankylosaurus in terms of element harvesting. It would also have a tek saddle that functions like a tek forcefield!

WILD:

Shunosaurus Scutomtonantis is a mid-sized sauropod that wanders in small herds around the sunken forest to the northwest of the city ruins. These animals spend most of their time foraging for any edible plant life they can find. Their relatively small stature makes them seem like an easy target, however most attackers would quickloy realize just 3what they have angered. The herd mentality of Shunosaurus means that any members of said herd who get attacked will immediately be bolstered by the rest of the herd in an effort to ward off the aggressor. Not to mention the dense club at the tips of their tails! It's like someone shrunk a bronto and glued an ankylo's tail to it! This species' tail club is much denser and stronger than regular shunoaurus specimens I have heard of. They even have shattered the fancy glowy TEK of the future on more than one occasion! One odd behavior I have noticed among Shunosaurus is that they seemingly...I can't believe I'm writing this...recreationally ingest the rare hallucinogenic mushrooms found throughout the forest. Some even seemingly "socialize" with the tips of their tails thinking it's the head of another animal!

DOMESTICATED:

The dense club-like tails of Shunosaurus make for excellent harvesting tools. Since their tails are so dense and have so much musculature behind them. While not the greatest for stones and metals, they are excellent for shattering the derelict structures found throughout the ruins. We've even managed to teach some of them to harvest element nodes, giving a much higher yield than even the mighty Ankylosaurus! As mentioned before, the Shunosaurus's tail is so powerful that TEK structures can be heavily damaged by it. All of the ruined old structures crumble to pieces when this mighty tail swings into them! Though, since we personally use them for harvesting element to fuel our base, I have heard of integrating TEK into their saddles despite their affinity for damaging it. Something about a "mini tek shield generator"? I don't know. We have bigger things to focus on.

So there you have it! My proposition for the Shunosaurus!

Here is a rundown of all the abilities:

Element harvester

The Shunosaurus's tail club would be the best thing in the game for harvesting the element nodes found on extinction. Better than the Ankylosaurs, but unable to harvest stone,flint, metal, obsidian, and crystal to keep tha ankylosaurus relevant

Siege animal

The shunosaurus would have a TEK saddle with a built in shield generator that would be perfect for laying sieges to other bases by protecting your own party. The shield will function exactly like the MEK or shield generator strucutre.

Drop and element node defender

Because of the shield generator built into the saddle, the Shunosaurus will be perfect for defending OSDs and element nodes while you and your tribe kill the corrupted hordes coming for you!

Resource harvester

While unable to harvest mineral resources like stone and metal, the shuno can still harvest the tek ruins on the map yielding large qunatities of scrap metal, crystals, electronics, and element dust from the ruins!

TEK shredder

The shunosaurus's tail club would already make for a heavy hitter, especaiily towards TEK. This would further be amplified by the TEK saddle worn by the shuno, as it would add armor to the tail club, further reinforcing it!

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

- Shunosaurus would have a regular saddle that can be used to ride it. The TEK saddle will deal additional damage to TEK tier structures and armor as well as have a built in shield generator.

- TEK shield will be smaller than the one from the MEK. Can only be used when stationary. The shuno will be unable to move or attack while the shield is active.

- TEK saddle will be unlocked by killing the forest titan.

- Shunosaurus WILL NOT be able to harvest rock-based resource nodes, but will be great for tek ruins or element nodes.

- Taming will be passive with rare mushrooms

- Yes that is a Dinosaur Revolution reference.

So anyways, That is my creature! Here are some images to give you an idea of what it looks like!

Saddle sketch by me, lineart sketches done by the talented user Danger Floof (@floof_art on discord)

IMG_20230717_213501.jpg

dinosaur_photo_sculpture_shunosaurus_gregory_paul-ra39096594be84c93a820bea05238d053_x7saw_8byvr_644.webp

shunosaurus-size.jpg

shunosaddle.jpg

IMG_20230524_061757.jpg

Edited by demonelite12

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet