Suggestion

If you have any suggestions for this, I'd happily consider them.

Name: Liaoningosaurus Paradoxus

Temperment: Skittish

Diet: Omnivorous 

Habitat: Coastal cliffs

image.jpeg.e2c8701631e707483e1d0742bdf12b1f.jpeg                             Liaoningosaurus paradoxus life restoration by Joschua Knüppe ...

L. paradoxus L. paradoxus was unusual among ornithischian dinosaurs in that it ate fish. Unlike most ankylosaurid it sports 5 digits on its front feet and a shell-like ventral bony plate which is present in no other ankylosaur. Teeth in Liaoningosaurus are relatively large with the points on the tooth crown being strangely long and sharp, forming a sort of "fork". While as slow moving as its cousin on land it takes to the water with surprising speed and ease. They're rather skittish in nature so if you're looking to take one it's a slow and tedious process. However, I've found, that placing specially prepared pieces of fish on the ground for it goes a long way in gaining its friendship.

Immune to ammonite bile

Immune to stuns and bleeds

Attacks

Tail smash - stuns foes

Tail swing - has a decent knockback.

Bite - causes bleed

Whirlpool (advanced tail swing)-causes a localized sandstorm that traps enemies at the cost of 50% of overall stamina the more stamina it has the longer the sandstorm lasts.

Resources

Black pearls, silica pearls, and biotoxin can be found in their dens. These dens can be found on the sides of cliffs, though they are rather rare.

Killing Cnidaria grants a 65% boost to harvesting for 2min. While having this boost the Liaon 44% of pearls harvested from a pearl node are converted to black pearls.

It can harvest both plants and corpses.

Taming

Cook fish in a pot with Amar and Azul berries to get a sweet fish steak. Drop one on the ground and let the Liaon eat it before approaching. Pet it and let it run away, it will return once it's ready to eat again. Once it reaches 30% tamed it will stop running from you and start to follow you. 

Liaoningosaurus - Wikipedia

Meet Liaoningosaurus, the (possibly) Fish-Eating Armoured Dinosaur (geekireland.com)

Liaoningosaurus | Prehistoric Wiki | Fandom

Liaoningosaurus | Dinopedia | Fandom

Edited by DrayatheDrake

7 replies to this server topic

Oh ! A creature with a new den to steal from ! As someone who can't resist a beaver dam, I'm all for that !
The attacks are slightly too basic for my liking, I think for instance if it had a gathering advantage for pearls, or for biotoxin, or for ammonite bile, or something like that (which the "regular" Anky can't do, to set them further apart), it could be nice.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ladyteruki said:

Oh ! A creature with a new den to steal from ! As someone who can't resist a beaver dam, I'm all for that !
The attacks are slightly too basic for my liking, I think for instance if it had a gathering advantage for pearls, or for biotoxin, or for ammonite bile, or something like that (which the "regular" Anky can't do, to set them further apart), it could be nice.

This is meant to be a resource dino like the anky and we don't really need another metal harvester. You inspired me to add something so thanks for that.

• Thanks 1