Dovebaka

Suggestion

I’ve thought for a while that placoderms, or armored fish, should have a significant place in the prehistoric creature filled Ark, but unfortunately, the game only has the rather weak and outclassed dunkleosteus. So, considering the gigantic oceans of The Center, with a dangerous and difficult to explore abyss, I thought a creature that is useful in both exploring the map and battling powerful creatures would be useful. As a result, a placoderm fulfilling this role became my target, so I chose gorgonichthys, a placoderm that was a pelagic apex predator in real life. 

Imagine how safe you’d feel riding around in The Center’s oceans on a creature with the mobility of a rock drake or astrodelphis and the power of a tusoteuthis. Of course, there’s more to the creature than just that. 

The design of gorgonichthys was done by me, and the images were drawn by my friend. 

I hope you can leave a precious vote on this submission, and thank you in advance to anyone who supports my work. 

1541007874_(1).jpg.b705bc295420b8b2514b682cdadc7341.jpg

Basic Information:

Common name: Gorgonichthys

Full anme: Gorgonichthys Aegir

Time: Devonian

Temperament: ferocious

Diet: Carnivorous

Size: Slightly smaller than dunkleosteus

Health: 900

Stamina: 600

Weight: 850

Oxygen: N/A

Food: 4000

Melee damage: 180%

Movement speed: 100%

Speed values:

Wild: 600, 800

Tamed: 650, 2350

Torpor: 1700

Breedable: yes, by gestation.  

Dossier text:

Wild: 

Gorgonichthys is one of the fiercest predators of the shallow ocean. While other oceanic creatures usually ignore each other, gorgonichthys will savagely hunt other creatures. Though, because of the abundance of prey resources in the oceans, they generally ignore survivors. Compared to its relative, dunkleosteus, gorgonichthys is much more mobile and lethal with its attacks. It pursues prey with its incredible speed and shreds them with its bone plates, with struggles from the prey being easily blocked with their bony armor. If a gorgonichthys were to enter the deep ocean, even bloodier battles would be inevitable. 

Tamed:

Aquatic tribes are incredibly fond of gorgonichthys, and for good reason. They are particularly enjoy gorgonichthys’ speed, which lets the big fish create sonic barrier-like torrents behind it when going at top speed, blocking enemy attacks and stunning them. 

Although its defenses are not as proficient as dunkleosteus, gorgonichthys’ smooth bone plates can still block many chemical substances, and be polished with weaker attacks to temporarily become more powerful. 

Their gigantic mouths and sharp bone plates are the main weapons of gorgonichthys. These enable it to easily ravage prey, or even swallow prey whole, which is even more of a death sentence. Even more terrifyingly, gorgonichthys can be trained to have enhanced prey drive against larger creatures. 

225420802_.jpg.66eabe7b9884e767d3584474b30b23ea.jpg

Behavior: 

Gorgonichthys can be found in shallow oceans, near groups of megalodon. Wild gorgonichthys prefer smaller prey, attacking creatures under 250 drag weight. Because of the abundance of food in its environment, gorgonichthys will very rarely attack players. 

Taming: 

Gorgonichthys can be tamed by knockout, and its saddle is unlocked at level 75. 

Next, lets take a look at gorgonichthys’ passive abilities and active attacks. 

Passive abilities: 

Gorgonichthys is well adapted to swim at very high speeds in open waters, which causes it to not consume stamina when sprinting. Also, while sprinting, gorgonichthys creates torrents of water round it that act almost like armor, protecting itself from ambushes. While sprinting, hitting ctrl puts gorgonichthys into charger mode, in which it can do long range dashes like the rock drake. If it strikes a creature while dashing, it deals a 60 base damage hit and attracts wild creature aggro similar to the rare flower’s effect. While charging, gorgonichthys has a shield of water around it with health equal to 40% of the fish’s max health. The shield absorbs damage and is immune to status conditions. If it is broken, it takes 30 seconds to recover. 

If the shield is broken or gorgonichthys stops charging, the water blasts out around gorgonichthys, dealing 85 base damage to creatures around it and stunning them if the victim’s drag weight is below 250. The shield dispersing also removes all aggro from gorgonichthys. 

Gorgonichthys has a layer of smooth bone armor on its body, which gives 25% damage resistance to non-explosive damage, and immunity to shocks, venom, ammonite bile and tuso ink. 

Also, weaker attacks will polish gorgonichthys’ armor. If gorgonichthys takes a melee hit that deals less than 4% of its max health, it receives 15 seconds of the ‘polished armor’ effect. This effect gives it 5% damage resistance and 15% resistance to armor pierce. This effect can stack up to 5 times. 

Properly trained gorgonichthys are truly fierce brawlers, able to use their agility and strength to defeat large enemies, dealing 1.3x damage to aquatic creatures with a drag weight above 250. 

I think these abilities will secure gorgonichthys’ role of being able to combat the threats of the deep ocean and explore it effectively. 

Attacks:

Left click: Gorgonichthys bites the target. 70 base damage. 

1021731049_.jpg.2705db9222d2d371404fcdc3efa549b0.jpg

Right click: Gorgonichthys rips at the target’s flesh an eats it. Consumes 100 stamina, 85 base damage, after hitting a creature, restores 20 stamina and 40 health on gorgonichthys per second for 10 seconds. This effect cannot stack or be refreshed. This attack can help players perform better with hit and run tactics, since oceanic creatures tend to lack recovery options, and aquatic battles tend to be even more fierce than land ones. 

306008535_.jpg.89df0b7b7d9ba0e7f2eead48cbeb03b7.jpg

Spacebar: Gorgonichthys grabs creatures smaller than plesiosaurus. Once grabbed, it can use left click to bite. While sprinting, it deals damage every second to the grabbed target, the damage increasing with how fast the gorgonichthys is moving. Holding spacebar makes gorgonichthys suck in creatures smaller than ichthyosaurus and kill them instantly, harvesting the body. Wild individuals cannot use this ability. This ability allows players to quickly deal with large amounts of small creatures, such as irritating eels and anglers. 

😄Gorgonichthys swims downward quickly. Allows players to access the depths quickly. 

X: Gorgonichthys rapidly bites four times, consumes 150 stamina, deals 55x4 base damage, inflicts the mauled debuff, which reduces the victims’ damage and defense by 20% and inflicts 25 base damage every 0.3 seconds. This ability has 20 seconds of cooldown. 

Thank you for reading my work!❤️

Edited by Dovebaka

7 replies to this server topic