ARKSmash

Suggestion

Hi survivors today I present to you the Wallog (Rhacophorus Nigropalmatus) | The ATV Flying Frog of the Center

References

Frog Fun Facts | AMNH

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallace's_flying_frog

Concept Explanation: I have played on the Center in creative mode, and know that for a long time Arkers have loved and still love this map, no matter how forgotten it was, and all of them were crushed when it was skipped in the votes, until now.  I heard a certain “Arker” say that they wanted something similar to the Maewing. So something with a glide, and a jump, and good capability underwater. I didn’t just want to submit a sugar glider, or even a flying squirrel, I wanted something unique, that has all the capabilities that this “Arker” wanted. However this creature will differ from the Beelzebufo immensely in use, and hopefully it will become loved if it makes the submission. I know lots of people don’t use the Beelzebufo tons so I’m hoping the Wallog gives it more use in modern Ark. Since this frog is pretty tiny, I will be scaling it up so that it is big enough to be ridden.

Ok let's begin.

Behavior: The Wallog is going to be neutral, and when attacked will not deal significant amounts of damage. However, it does have a unique feature to befriend adolescent to adult frogs that will follow it. These frogs will affect taming and stats on the Wallog. More on the taming in that section.

Utility: The Wallog is designed to be a fast way around the Center, on land using its powerful jump and glide (kinda like a Maewing), and in water using the same traits to zoom through the water. Its saddle will be unlocked at level 32 and can be crafted in your inventory. It will take no fall damage.  Its glide will be a small bit slower than the Maewing, but the maneuverability will be a slight bit better, as well as the jump height. It will not be able to slide (hence the higher jump)  on land or water, but will be able to still jump out of the water. It comes along with no oxygen stat, for maximum water travel potential.The Wallog will have a climbing ability (activated with RMB,) and will be able to cling to any surface after a jump. It will also have rider weaponry. 

Special Ability: If you tame a Wallog and you have up to 5 Beelzebufo following it, it will gain damage in percentage based on how many frogs are following it. The Wallog will gain 12% damage per frog, but it will not be 12% after the last 12% was counted, the 12% will always be added to the base damage that the Wallog was doing before the frogs followed it. However, this damage comes at the cost of losing your jump and glide. Don’t worry, all you have to do is make sure that the frogs stop following the tamed Wallog and you regain your jump and glide without having to cryo the frogs. Mate boost regardless of when it is placed in the equation results in the same number, so don’t worry about that. In order to make sure that these don’t become overpowered I’m going to make the cap of a tamed Wallog (tamed not imprinted) 300 damage. When you add that all up you get 638.4 which in damage numbers would be rounded down to 638. So in other words, if imprinted fully it can probably deal around 1000 damage a lick.

LMB: A lick that deals around 100-300 damage depending on the level. AOE around 250o with 1 foundation reach. Every 5 licks, the Wallog will inflict a poison that slows by 25% and damages the victim for 10 seconds; the amount of damage dealt by the poison would be 2%.

RMB: Activates Climbing Mode

C Ability: When you hit C a crosshair will appear, and the Wallog will use its tongue as a grapple, the grapple controls would be the same as the normal grapple is, and you can deactivate the tongue by hitting C again.

X Ability: Ability is based on what you feed it. 

Different X Abilities: Poison Attack, Night Vision/Vision Sharpener, and Camouflage.  

Poison Attack: Licks the target for no damage, but inflicts a 5 second 5% damage poison, this will stack with the basic LMB attack.

Night Vision/Vision Sharpener: This can be activated no matter the time of day, but during the day instead of night vision, the Wallog enables its riders to see a clear white outline around each creature, similar to the tek helmet. At night it will be a night vision similar to the desmodus, except everything will be blue instead of red, and the frog won’t flash when night vision is enabled.

Camouflage: Camouflage is going to be different for the Wallog than any other creature, when camouflage is enabled it will consume 5 stamina a second. But instead of going clear, the Wallog will actually change color when it moves to match the environment.  

Taming: To tame the Wallog you must kill all the Beelzebufo following it, since these are loyal followers to the Wallog you’re taming, the Wallog will also come and attack you. Then start knocking it out, once knocked out you must feed it one of the following things depending on how you want your Wallog to work with the taming food defining the X Ability. The Wallog will have a medium drain rate of torpor. Now depending on how many Beelzebufo you kill will give you a better roll for good stats, those stats being; melee, health, weight, and stamina, you will get 10% per frog to get this good roll. There will be one new item that will have to be added into the game, called the berry mixture made in the mortar and pestle. This will be a combination of amarberries, mejoberries, azulberries, and tintotberries, this will basically make taming the camouflage variant easier and can introduce a new thing for all herbivores.

Taming Food: If you want to have any of these abilities you must feed the Wallog you are taming a certain food. Since one of these modes requires narcoberries, you will have to find a different way of keeping the Wallog knocked out like narcotics or even bio toxin, as long as it isn’t narcoberries. If you feed it narcoberries, you get the poison attack, this is the easiest of the modes to tame it, as when it eats the food, it will actually regain torpor. When feeding the Wallog chitin you will get the night vision/vision sharpener ability. When feeding the Wallog the berry mixture, you will get the camouflage.

Dossier: A little note that I will be making dossier art for the Wallog

Wild: The Rhacophorus Nigropalmatus seems to be the dominant frog species among the Beelzebufo, it seems that it has unique adaptation to help it survive in the murky swamp. An even bigger frog, who would’ve thought? When provoked the Rhacophorus unleashes its massive damage to protect its followers, if it has any. A Rhacophorus alone is extremely vulnerable to other creatures in the swamp.

Domesticated: Strangely, based on what you feed the Rhacophorus changes its abilities. Adapted with a jump and even a glide, this will be a sure favorite for tribes who need to get around. It has a way with other frogs and can use them to increase its effectiveness in killing off unwanted creatures. No matter how slimy this creature is, there no debating that it has huge versatality.

The End: Thank you for going through this whole submission, I’ll be happy to credit any ideas that are in the comments! Happy Arking Everybody!

-ARKSmash

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet