Orcinus citoniensis – wolf of the sea

On 8/8/2023 at 2:30 AM, AudioDK said:

Would really love if this made it into top 10. The only thing I don't agree with is it being a nanny. Irl, Orca pods tend to separate baby whales from their mothers to kill and eat their tongues because they make easy prey to drown. Morbid, but just an example of how intelligent they are. But yeah, all the other utility for it is awesome and I love it.

Im glad you like the submission :)
After some thinking I worked out a different way to interact with babys and added it to the submission. It could easily replace the nanny thing so it isnt just the gigantoraptor thing only for marine creatures. The new ability is more fitting since orcas are very social and intelligent creatures. 
The aquatic nanny thing would be a nice to have but its definitely not a must have for the creature. 

3 hours ago, Tittenzahnarzt1 said:

Im glad you like the submission :)
After some thinking I worked out a different way to interact with babys and added it to the submission. It could easily replace the nanny thing so it isnt just the gigantoraptor thing only for marine creatures. The new ability is more fitting since orcas are very social and intelligent creatures. 
The aquatic nanny thing would be a nice to have but its definitely not a must have for the creature. 

Cool beans! Maybe even in ASA, since there will be wild babies, they could get a damage boost from eating wild babies (again, morbid... but it's an orca, c'mon. 😂).

Also, one more thing. I was talking about this in Discord yesterday with someone else. Orcas hunt using echolocation. So maybe they could have a skill like the Desmodus that pings nearby creatures, except underwater. Or a toggle that works similar to the tek helmet, since Orca pods are constantly talking to each other to see where their members are.

P.S. If this doesn't win here, please please PLEASE resubmit this for other maps. 

Edited by AudioDK

5 hours ago, AudioDK said:

Cool beans! Maybe even in ASA, since there will be wild babies, they could get a damage boost from eating wild babies (again, morbid... but it's an orca, c'mon. 😂).

Also, one more thing. I was talking about this in Discord yesterday with someone else. Orcas hunt using echolocation. So maybe they could have a skill like the Desmodus that pings nearby creatures, except underwater. Or a toggle that works similar to the tek helmet, since Orca pods are constantly talking to each other to see where their members are.

P.S. If this doesn't win here, please please PLEASE resubmit this for other maps. 

Thanks for your feedback! Over the day I worked out a new ability that uses echolocation. I also decided to remove the nanny ability since we are getting gigantoraptor on Rag anyway. Just having the same ability for water creatures wouldnt be enough to justify it being in here as one of its main things. As you and other people mentioned it wouldnt fit for an Orca anyway. :)
I think I still found a useful and justifyed ability to interact with babies, I would love some feedback on the new ideas :) (Credit for the echolocation ideas goes to you and the other guys in the comments <3)

7 hours ago, Gecko1611 said:

We need this Killer Whale! We need more votes to kick out Tylo and get this in the top 10.

Perhaps the Orca could have some ability where it can use echolocation to track the closest of a creature it has a trophy for. For example, if you have a Megalodon Tooth, you could use it to find the closest Megalodons.

What’s wrong with the tylo?

Imo the trophy consumption aspect seems a bit out of place with the rest of the submission and is overly niche for a creature. I want to suggest an ability with the same implications but different execution that I think would fit an Orca much better.

Orcas, obviously, are extremely intelligent, and their longer lifespans allow older individuals to gain wisdom over time. Maybe Orcinus could gain wisdom by fighting creatures? Basically if you fought and killed a Megalodon, Orcinus would ever so slightly do more damage to other Megalodon, which would increase the more Megalodon it kills, eventually capping out. This would mean your Orcinus could grow stronger against various creatures the more you use the tame, almost like a skill tree.

The wisdom idea is pretty complex and niche as it applies individually to every creature in the game, so maybe it could be simplified more, like having it apply to various groups of creatures over individuals, or instead making a proper skill tree. Up to you if you wanna use it, I just thought it'd fit more for an intelligence-based creature.

3 hours ago, Gecko1611 said:

Nothing. Both ideas are actually pretty cool. It's just that we already have a close relative of Tylosaurus, but not for the Orca Whale. So, if it came down to it, I'd prefer the Killer Whale.

Yea the tylo is a relative of mosa but it’s alot different in size and design and will have more of a support role. The orca is cool but it’s literally just the predecessor of modern day orcas, im not super keen on adding creatures that we have in our modern day world to the game as I prefer the prehistoric (yes i know it’s the ancestor to the modern orca but very little changed between the two species as the modern orca emerged shortly after or before this one went extinct) but I do like the ideas in this submission. 

22 hours ago, Gecko1611 said:

We need this Killer Whale! We need more votes to kick out Tylo and get this in the top 10.

Perhaps the Orca could have some ability where it can use echolocation to track the closest of a creature it has a trophy for. For example, if you have a Megalodon Tooth, you could use it to find the closest Megalodons.

I added a new echolocation ability yesterday. Credit for that idea goes to you :)❤️

• Like 1

On 8/9/2023 at 10:04 AM, Gecko1611 said:

Tylo is a good submission to be fair. I wish we could have it in top10 instead of cheetah. As much as I love cheetah, I don't think Center is a good map for it because of how center is shaped.

I personally like the nanny ability you came up with, like you said originally we will have the gigantoraptor for land but we don’t have anything for the ocean that does that, that was a nice extra ability and one of the main reason I voted for your orca, word of advice stick to what you care and believe in and don’t change your hard work because others want to criticize, a little disappointed now but still a nice creature, what other abilities will it have since you removed that one and how big is the orca supposed to be

4 hours ago, RebelKevin94 said:

I personally like the nanny ability you came up with, like you said originally we will have the gigantoraptor for land but we don’t have anything for the ocean that does that, that was a nice extra ability and one of the main reason I voted for your orca, word of advice stick to what you care and believe in and don’t change your hard work because others want to criticize, a little disappointed now but still a nice creature, what other abilities will it have since you removed that one and how big is the orca supposed to be

Thanks for the feedback :)
I understand that you are disappointed with me removing the nanny ability. After realising what Gigantoraptor does I just wasnt happy with the idea of giving my submission the same ability as a previous community winner. People already voted for that idea on the last vote and it would be disrespectful from my side to just recycle it. But since I like the idea of interacting with young creatures I tried to add an ability that cooperates with the Gigantoraptor and I am really happy with what I came up with. (The XP sharing) I would love some feedback on that. 
I also put more focus on the echolocation ability and the idea of finding and creating blueprints during the usage of that, since Orcas are really smart animals and blueprints are the primary way of passing down knowledge inside the ARK. So having a ability with blueprints is pretty cool IMO. Also Feedback would be appreciated.
At the end I am even more happy with the new abilitys.❤️
For size I thought it being a little bit smaller than the Megalodon. :)