Hippocampus Slovenicus: Serpent of the Ocean

Kamikaze36

Suggestion

There is very little known about the actual hippocampus slovencicus. Along with another species of extinct seahorse were found in the mountains only about 20 years ago. My idea would be for them to be a lot larger and able to be ridden. Body style wise, they would resemble almost like a sea serpent, dragon. I’ve thought about incorporating the seaweed body style of a sea dragon, but then my little sister wanted to draw it for me, and so her drawing is the basis for my idea.

Behavior :

I would love for these to be extremely useful under the water but also have limited use on land as well. In the wild they would swim around in schools of 3 to 5. They would receive a pack bonus while roaming together as well, whether tamed or wild. They are typically hostile when something gets too close, but become extremely hostile, and will chase anything that comes near their nest. they are extremely fast and armor, plated, and difficult to take down without proper precautions. On land, their mobility is restricted, but they make great turrets while latched onto pillars or structures with their prehensile tails. When tamed they can blow their smokescreen to tranquilize creatures wandering with in range.

Taming : 
Egg stealing…yes i know we have seen this before but not underwater. And these things are FAST and TOUGH. You can’t just swoop in on an Itchy or a Shadow and speed away because they will out swim both without breaking a sweat. On top of that they are armored in bony plates like a knights steed. Mosas, Dunklos, etc. will have a tough time taking multiple of these at a time. Much like Gigas they will be dangerous to take on head up mostly because they run in schools of 3 to 5 members. But if you’re able to make it out with an egg or two it will be well worth it. Raising an egg after hatch will be only with narco berries. Did I forget to mention the nest are always surrounded by sea scorpions(eurypterids) making dismounting even more perilous. 

Utility : 
These will be underwater mounts, unlike anything the Arks have seen before. Fast and dangerous and covered in armor plates they would be exceptionally difficult to take down. While able to feed on fish they will be able to live off of narcoberries. This diet allows the Hippocampus to be able to blow a narcotic smokescreen into the surrounding waters. Survivors must be careful as they will not be a immune to this smokescreen themselves, and must have proper filtration in order to not be affected by the cloud. I’ve also though about the use of their prehensile tail as a way to destroy structures. Maybe wild ones like to wrap themselves around these and as such when people pillar widespread areas, they randomly find that these creatures destroy random pillars. The main purpose is to add life to the ocean. These would make it a lot more colorful, but also a lot more dangerous and more of a thrill to be underwater.

As far as a saddle goals, I’m not sure if I want to have a real saddle or to be wrapped in the tail when mounted. If they were given a saddle, I thought about making it a chem bench sort of like the opposite to the equus saddle. I do know for a fact that I would love to see them be extremely colorful and vibrant. All kinds of multicolored patterns in regions to truly stand out in the oceans. Disclosure there is nothing in the rules disqualify me from posting two creatures. While I would love for this one to make it in, I did post another as this one would also fit beautifully on Genesis part one. I also had a few people specifically asked that this be put into the vote.

A9002BB2-2BE6-4F89-A750-8C1345D85108.jpeg

dossier_template_gimp_.png

Falco_peregrinus_-_01.jpg

Míssil-ar-ar-Peregrine.jpg

Edited by Kamikaze36

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet