aquatic dino Giant Jellyfish Essexella: The living Submarine

ChrisiALP

Suggestion

1054500869_ArkMedusaeSaddleConcept5.jpg.aeb68f6faeddefdfc94df6d481869974.jpg

WILD

When I first discovered this ginormous jellyfish deep in one of the countless underwater caves, I couldn’t believe my eyes. Surrounded by smaller jellyfish this majestic creature shined with such brightness and beauty I almost fell in a trance. Once you take a closer look however, you can discover the metal ore, black pearls and even element crystals growing inside of it. If you are in the position to take one of these giants out, you will be rewarded with plenty resources, outstanding gear and some of the best blue prints to ever be discovered. However, this mission tends to be a lot harder than one could even imagine. Dealing with the electrifying cnidaria and the poisonous medusae is not an easy task but that is not where the battle ends since you are deep in the ocean and must defend your new found loot from anything that may would also like a split.

TAMED

Once tamed you can use your new found friend as a tool for long ocean discoveries. With unlimited oxygen, a handy boost, a radar for all surrounding threats and poison missiles, nobody should be able to challenge you. If anyone or anything does land a hit from up close, your poison will instantly come into play and help you get out of any sticky situation. The interior can be used a place to build any necessities for a long underwater trip or as a place to enjoy the deep ocean lights.

978051867_ArkMedusaeConcept22.jpg.30a1cf15486a0954162a8dd7f1fc6949.jpg

Details

When creating this concept the main idea was to help make the deep ocean world on the center feel more lively. We soon realized a new broken mosa killer wouldn’t really change much so we went and looked for different ways. Our favorite thought was to create raid like encounters with huge loot drops as an incentive to discover the deep depths since there is sadly no real reason to visit the beautiful water caves at the moment. However we also want you to enjoy the creature once you tamed it so we went back to the drawing board. Finally we decided to go with a huge jellyfish. So lets start with the wild one. I know nobody really likes the current jellyfish in the game but let me convince you that this one is different. First of all this much bigger cousin of the Cnidaria is not aggressive. But how can this thing be like a raid then? Easy. We can use the already existing ones to create a swarm like mechanic with the medusae in the middle as the queen. Once killed you can harvest the resources inside the jellyfish. However the big boi isn’t completely defenseless on his own. If you attack him in melee range you will get poisoned. The quantity and quality of loot depend on the level of the creature ranging from metal and flak armor to element and top of the notch blueprints. We hope this could be like a hot spot for amazing underwater fights in pvp while the players try to defend their new found loot.

But how does the tamed ones affect the ocean life? Well, we tried really hard to create an amazing experience for pvp and pve players. Obviously for pvp players this will act as a mobile war machine with range attacks, a radar like the para offers, a lot of health and just generally it can act like an underwater station to prepare for raids since you build a small base inside your tame. For pve players the base aspect will probably be even more important. The “head” of the jellyfish is translucent so you can enjoy the beauty of underwater lights while not running the risk of drowning or getting attacked by vicious plesios. Every player can just build their nice little base and go on underwater adventures. Obviously it can spawn in different colors that all have their own amazing glow. We also thought about a tek saddle with new advanced features for both base building for pve and new Weapon options for pvp but this is a topic for another day

Taming

We would be happy to hear what you think about how to create the best possible taming experience. We thought baout the taming part a lot but we couldn't find something we liked so we would like to hear what you think about this. 

Building Inside the Essexella: 

The "floor" of the inner build space of the giant Jellyfish is relatively flat & can  be built on without the need of foundations altough you theoraticly can place foundations & pillars and every other structure that fits the inner space of the Essexella the base floor of the Build space counts as a nfoudation and can be used to palce things like beds, Generators, smithys and nearly all other structures directly on the floor. The Size of the inner build space will be about 5x5 underwater Tek Compartments.

Tek Saddle concept in the comments due to max file size!

Bonus Concept Art:

8-s0ZxgcDFqhJ6dJO.png

8-N8UBzZNsdZ32Rl3.png

8-RXKOUcN0vQRausO.png

*This Post includes AI Generated Footage 

Edited by ChrisiALP
  • Like 1

• Answers 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

63 replies to this server topic

On 8/5/2023 at 2:27 AM, ChrisiALP said:

We also thought about a tek saddle with new advanced features for both base building for pve and new Weapon options for pvp but this is a topic for another day

Here one of the Many ideas for the tek saddle:

This idea by Shario was to add a tek Saddle which could be used to attach your Essexella to your tek Compartments

1618241728_ArkMedusaeSaddleConcept.jpg.3da45c77ee8ac389e60642571a947daa.jpg

Like the overall idea, but I feel for this type on entry you should add something along the lines of a cutaway showing how a base would look/be positioned inside the creature, maybe even some art of the player inside looking out.

As for the rest...if you want to stick with using AI art, I would highly suggest tracing/using it as a base for your own art specifically for the dossier(even if its just a super basic outline you replace later) - there's nothing wrong with adding with some bonus AI generated pieces as a supplement but ideally keep it out the dossier/what people see as soon as the page loads. Would imagine will likely get more votes/positive feedback and less drama on your entry that way.

Here a (basic) example of what I mean using one of your AI images:

MWhXvRm.png

PdMLUjm.png

0d0Akql.png

erVJ9n9.png

• Like 2

I would like it to be a living giant greenhouse, with lots of vegetation. Although you already suggested that it can be built inside the giant jellyfish, who could add the power to light bonfires and forge to make it different from the megachelon.

Obviously if they get to put sea turtles in the future to ARK, the jellyfish would be vulnerable to them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mutagenica said:

I would like it to be a living giant greenhouse, with lots of vegetation. Although you already suggested that it can be built inside the giant jellyfish, who could add the power to light bonfires and forge to make it different from the megachelon.

Obviously if they get to put sea turtles in the future to ARK, the jellyfish would be vulnerable to them.

i actually thought about the vegetation part but put it to the side. But it definetly would be a Feature for a saddle/ tek saddle