Suggestion

ChangyYangi Ark Sub1.png ChangyYangi Ark Sub2.png

(Alteration to the real life creature appearance/actions would include... The tail-feathers are fanned out when in flight, meaning that the tail-feathers open and close like a fan between flying and not in flight. There is a small tuft of hair and rictal bristles on the top of its nose. It has some longer whisker hairs under its chin too. I edited in the bristles and whiskers in the images above. I am not skilled enough to make the tail fan closed on the image that it is not flying in. The wings should be made a bit longer with longer arms so that latch & pounce abilities make sense and look right. There should also be 3 fingers on the wings; one should have a large talon as shown in the image already, the secondary finger next to that one is slightly shorter with a smaller talon and there should be a 3rd long finger that works like an arm for the start of the secondary flight feathers in the middle of the wing. The 3rd finger is to give it a feathered wyvern type look while giving it the belief of function for latching. The 3rd finger should also have a shorter talon. Like a modern Swallow, male Changyuraptors should have long fancy ribbon feathers on each side of the tail while females do not. Images have edited in examples shown above. Note: The silhouette of a player is intended to be max height for player characters.) (Original images are not my own,they were slightly edited by me. Credit goes to original artists)

Common Name: Changyuraptor

Nickname(s): Four Winged Raptor (Or Sky Raptor)

Species: Changyuraptor Yangi

Group: Dromaeosaurid

Pack/Herd/Swarm/Flock Size: 1 - 3

Time/Era: Cretaceous

Idle Temperament: Territorial 

Temperament On Hit: Aggressive 💢

Diet:  🍔,:meat:,🐠,:egg:,🐜 Burger stands for Custom Recipes

Feces Size: Medium 💩

Tameable: ✔️

Rideable: ✔️ (can also be ridden without a saddle)

Saddle(s) Level: 62

Creature Harvesting: Meat, Prime Meat, Fish Meat, Prime Fish Meat, Mutton, Chitin, Keritin, Hide, Pelt, Thatch

On Death Drops: Feathers, Bristle Hairs, Meat, Prime Meat, Tail-feather Trophy

📗 Creature In Game Info: Feared,worshiped and respected these creatures are very much raptors of the sky. They normally hunt in forestry or near mountains by air or on ground but they are seen in open fields chasing prey too. They tend to surprise larger prey and dive down latching onto their victims much like their cousins in the raptor family.

Similar to Archaeopteryx, they will circle the areas they home or nest in when flying/gliding idly. Similar to how vulture circle prey.

While a bit more passive in temperament than normal raptors in the family tree, if you get too close they will still come after you.

Similar in size to an Argentavis, they make fantastic versatile mounts. These creatures are well known egg stealers while on foot because of their high speed and good handling. They also tend to steal wild babies! This is why tribes made the second saddle type with a pouch for this creature. 

When walking on ground they walk and move very much like Microraptors and they also have the ability to sprint on the ground like them as well. While mounted they also handle very well and have decent turn radius. While sprinting they stretch their wings out like a Microraptor and will fold a wing on one side to turn better while running. They can toggle into glide mode easily if you press and hold the jump button for a few seconds. Glide mode can be used from mid sprint too, like an airplane. 
Glide mode can be sustained for as long as you have stamina and it is from this mode these creatures will target and dive attack from. Though in this mode you are not able to carry other dinos/creatures/players. 

Sky Raptors will also pack lead like a Yutyranus for Archaeopteryx, Microraptors, Raptors and Deinonychus in the wild! While they can take a pack leader state with their cousins in the wild, they do not get this ability for their own species. This foreshadows that they tend to become competitive with their own kind and only lead their dromaeosaurid relatives. The male Changyuraptors will also attack/eat their own babies if females (or Tribes/Players) do not keep them away from them and males often attack other males for mating rights. While this creature is like this their rarity is not that low due to the reason that they always lay multiple eggs (fertile and non fertile).

Because they share the similar trait with the Yutyranus, they are immune to the Yuty's roars of terror! Also,while Sky Raptors have this pack leadership and buff, they do not have a roar of fear.

The male Changyuraptors can be seen in any color (Males rarest colors being reds) and the females tend to not be as colorful so they are usually darker colors and have more black,grey and brown (females rarest colors being White and other light or bright colors).

💫 Taming: To tame these creatures you will have to kill and collect a number of feathers & trophies from them and their cousins. Once you collected all of them (at level 150 the number will be around 70 feathers/16 Tail-feathers/2 Raptor Talon Trophies/2 Sky Raptor Dermis), you will be able to craft the tool you need to tame them.Also note the dermis must match the proper gender! This special tool you will need to craft is a costume that mimics the creatures opposite gender. When the costume is worn you will be granted the mating dance emote automatically. This costume & dance will attract them and get them to come up to you to feed it passively (similar to Sinomocrops). Be warned, once you feed it you need to run away quick because it will figure you out and than attack you while also losing effectiveness. Something else to note is that these costumes will lose the pheromones over time. This means that it has a spoil timer and after the spoil timer is gone the costume transforms into a skin to wear on armor. Be warned that if taming a female you must be alert for males that might become competitive.

💕 Breeding/Farming: To breed and farm Sky Raptors you will simply need to mate them and than hatch the eggs. Once hatched they will request a random feed of food that ranges from an easy to get to difficult item pool, similar to a Moschops. Those items are as follows: Raw Meat,Raw Prime Meat,Raw Mutton,Raw Fish,Raw Prime Fish,All Cooked Meat/Fish/Mutton Versions,All Jerky types,Random Kibble,Shadow Steak,Wyvern Milk or a Giga Heart. Once it eats it will allow you to claim it and than it will start maturing. Once it starts maturing it will want cuddles and walks but it will only eat carnivorous custom recipes or simple/basic kibbles. So make sure your feeding trough is filled with those or it will probably starve.

👥 Tamed (Domesticated) Info: Sky Raptors are able to dive bomb similar to a Deinonychus out of trees or off from high surfaces to latch onto larger creatures and than attack like their Raptor cousins as well. This can cause a small bleed damage over time too. They are able to latch onto surfaces and can climb slowly like bats to do this dive but they can also do it from flight! On the ground these creatures are fast and can be steered/handled well, as stated in previously they use their wings for momentum.

While in the sky they do speed up while flapping but when dive bombing prey or swooping they get quicker. In the air they fly a bit oddly, they will flap their wings normally while the winged legs will stay extended out like the tail fins of an airplane. Because of this awkward feature they can actually stop flapping to extend their wings and just glide for a long time to save/conserve stamina. While it will not regenerate stamina in this state, it will slow the consumption of it a great deal. They are not the fastest flyers but they are faster than an Argentavis and it can also swoop while in gliding mode to make this creature even faster much like a Snow Owl. Its speed on the ground however is faster with stat numbers above the Gallimimus! 
The Sky Raptor is versatile but not an intended boss fighter. This creature does allow mounted combat. Because of its size and health stature it is labeled a mid game tame. Its damage stats are pretty similar to an Allo and its base health is also lower than the Allo, its closer to an Argentavis health stat.

Speeds in game units

• On Ground - Base Level 1: 850 (Basically base level of a Procoptodon but with a higher level up multiplier)
  • In Air - Base Level 1: 670 (In gliding mode it will slow down by 20 units but it will speed up by 40 while swooping, while diving it will get faster as it falls like other creatures)
  • In Water - N/A This creature can not swim. (See notes below)

📓 Other Notes: While this creature is pretty dynamic in terms of flight and travel on ground...its not a swimmer. As a matter of fact, once it falls in water it will not be able to swim at al! It will just float in place after doing a struggle animation when trying to move on it while mounted. While it does extend its wings and legs out flat to float idly so it does not drown, you will need to rescue it before its stamina runs out and starts drowning! Use a grapple hook or lasso to pull it in! Maybe get another creature that can possibly pick it up or a water mount that has a platform saddle with ramps. Cryopodding it might be a quick option that is best if you have a pod but whatever the method suits you, be quick because you never know what is in the water...plus while it is floating helpless it will cry for help every so often to let you know its suffering and needs help.

While riding or shoulder mounted with/on dromaeosaurids, they will grant the player immunity to aggro from Sky Raptors unless you attack and hit them. Note, this will help when taming until the creature is passively fed.

This dino can carry most smaller to medium sized creatures in its claws but because it uses its leg wings for flight, the creature will slow down quite a bit in the air while carrying them.

This creatures saddle has a secondary saddle with an insulated pouch that hangs down from its neck to chest and can carry babies & eggs with a weight reduction. Fertile eggs that require warmth will slowly incubate in pouch as well as reduce spoil time. The pouch may also be able to carry shoulder pets but they get no reductions in weight. The normal saddle is lighter weight and has less straps but it has no weight reductions.

The whiskers on this creature are guides and sensors that help the Sky Raptor find max level creatures much like glow pets but without the glow.

These creatures can perform sharp strafing. This is when the creature goes from flying horizontally to vertically to allow circling while in glide mode.
Lastly, a neat little feature that this creature can do is create a Dermis when the "Dermis Mode" is switched on from the radial menu. Make sure to have this turned off when adventuring, you want to be attacking and not making dermises. 

🎮 Attacks, Movement & Ability Controls: 

Bite - PC: LMB | Playstation: R2 | Xbox: RT

Hop & Claw Rake - PC: LMB | Playstation: L2 | Xbox: LT

Glide Toggle - PC: (Hold)Spacebar | Playstation: (Hold)X | Xbox: (Hold)A

Swoop/Dive {Like Snow Owl} - PC: (Automatic) Aim down in Glide Mode | Playstation: (Automatic) Aim down in Glide Mode | Xbox: (Automatic) Aim down in Glide Mode

Dive Bomb w/targeting & Auto-Latch w/Attack - PC: RMB(While Flying) | Playstation: L2(While Flying) | Xbox: LT(While Flying) Use Directional buttons or Sticks for targeting.

Creature pickup & carry - PC: C(While Flying) | Playstation: L3(While Flying) | Xbox: LS(L3)

Latching - PC: Spacebar + Directional Button or Stick (towards surface target) | Playstation: X + Directional Button or Stick (towards surface target) | Xbox: A + Directional Button or Stick (towards surface target)

Float Idle - All Platforms: (Automatic) Move or fall into water using Directional Buttons or Stick (stays still & stuck in water that is too deep to walk in) 

Water Struggle - All Platforms: (Automatic) Activates while trying to walk,jump or fly using designated Directional Buttons or Stick for those actions.

Sharp Strafing -  PC: (Automatic) | Playstation: (Automatic) | Xbox: (Automatic)

Dermis Mode - PC: [ ' ] (Whistle Menu Button) | Playstation: (Hold)O | Xbox: (Hold)B

Dermis Creation - PC: LMB+RMB | Playstation: L2+R2 | Xbox: LT+RT 

*Other movements as normal*

Interested in the actual real dinosaur? If so than watch this informative video! 

Edited by Somes
Updated info.

40 replies to this server topic

52 minutes ago, ArthurChad said:

submit this again for crystal isles i think it would get more love there

He can submit there too! I might submits it,talking to Somes now and he said he is maybe going to only start submitting his Long Dragon so I might steal this with his permission. I might make changes though. I will smack him around a bit if he say no hehehe.He is my room mate so I can. :D

He yelled at me. I got onto his PC and did not log out. He was half awake and posted thinking he did not need to log in with his name. Hopes peoples don't think he has double accounts and reports him. He is not happy with me :(

Edited by H3XANDRA

Sorry about the drama everyone. H3XANDRA is my friend/room mate and I was allowing her to use my laptop and PC to help me out here but I think that was a bad idea. I know its kinda my fault but I asked her to log out when she was done.
I will be posting my creatures as I stated going forward. As long as this issue does not get me banned. 
Sorry again...

You Definitely Have my Upvote, In my opinion The Cant Swim Is a Fantastic Concept For This Creature, You Can Also Take This Idea from My Subbmition (Aurornis) That it Can Latch onto Giant Dinosaurs (More specifically Like the Quetzal) Imagine your trying To tame a Quetzal, But only Low lvls Are on map, There are Few Low to mid Tier Dinos that Can Catch up to a quetzal Therefor making it more Useful, An Other idea is It can "Injure Flying Dinosaurs" Making them Forcefully Land or drop to the ground, For Taming or Easily Killing them , This DeBuff Could last up to 1min (Similar to the Net from Gen 2). 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BloodFoxxAngelica said:

In my opinion The Cant Swim Is a Fantastic Concept For This Creature

It is actually one of my favorite ideas on this creature. I think it allows this to be labeled as a good water mechanic that could be used for other creatures as well.

You Can Also Take This Idea from My Subbmition (Aurornis) That it Can Latch onto Giant Dinosaurs

It does have latching to larger creatures,just not flyers.

"Injure Flying Dinosaurs" Making them Forcefully Land or drop to the ground

I was considering this before but I don't want to make the net gun obsolete. Nor do I want to make the game too much easier. Long time players already feel its easy as it is lol. If it were a higher tier tame and set for end game I might consider it more. I was thinking on this idea for my Long Dragon but its a little different...it has a body bola ability that I was pondering on using in air. That submission is actually a late game creature that the idea could be used on. Though it would only work while using its Tek Saddle. :)

Thanks for the support and input!

4 hours ago, Gecko1611 said:

Meh. WC will just ruin it like they did with Yi qi. Its a great concept, though!

They did do kinda bad with the Yi Qi model...it looks horrible. However, I do think this creature would be an easy one for them to model but I am a bit more focused on my other entry now. I still think this is a great creature though. I feel like I could just make a mountable upscaled Microraptor mod and call it this but it would be lacking features this has.

20 minutes ago, H3XANDRA said:

He yelled at me. I got onto his PC and did not log out. He was half awake and posted thinking he did not need to log in with his name. Hopes peoples don't think he has double accounts and reports him. He is not happy with me

Not happy at all. If I get banned or anything I am making you pay for the mods when I have them made. I will raise your rent! You are making this out like its funny but its not to me! Also make your own breakfast...

1 minute ago, Somes said:

Not happy at all. If I get banned or anything I am making you pay for the mods when I have them made. I will raise your rent! You are making this out like its funny but its not to me! Also make your own breakfast...

😞 Wow really Somes? I was just coming on here because you asked me to vote on your stupid creatures! Guess who is removing their votes and not helping you anymore, THIS GIRL!