Villebrunaster, The prehistoric paladin

Doseishy

Suggestion

Thank you for taking the time to look at my submission about the Villebrunster. I have always considered ark to more than just a game. I am always fascinated by the amount of new creatures in the game that I have never heard of before. It causes me to research and look up more about the creatures. While looking at other creature submissions and previous votes, I saw a lot of recurring creatures or creatures that were very similar. I wanted to add a bit more diversity to the ark voting and have a new unique species come into ark. Sadly I am no artist, so I wouldn't be able to provide original art. I can however provide pictures of Villebrunaster! I hope you enjoy my submission, The Villebrunaster!

VILLEBRUNASTER
Common name
: Villebrunaster
Species
: Asterozoa
Time: Ordovician Period
Diet:Carnivore/Pescatavore
Temperament
: Neutral

DOMESTICATION
Tamable: Yes
Breedable: Yes
Rideable: Yes

Image of Villebrunaster

Cantabrigiaster fezouataensis from the Lower Ordovician (Tremadocian)... |  Download Scientific Diagram

WILD:
Villebrunastar is a unusually large species of starfish that had adapted to live on land rather than in the water
. It is an incredibly tough and resilient creature that would best be described as a tank with suction cups. It's hard outer shell and it's ability to climb up nearly any vertical surface makes it very hard to kill but also a very unusual sight. Many would expect a Thylocean or Purlovia to fall down on them from the trees or in the caves only to have a starfish fall on their heads. It's multiple limbs give it the ability to climb and also have the ability to regrow themselves after a fight. Even without their arms they can still climb using the suction cups located on their main body.
image.png
Here is where I could imagine Villebrunaster spawning. Up at the top drawing seekers to it's mouth.

DOMESTICATED:
The Villebrunastar is a carnivorous creature that mainly eats Squid bats but has a love of Karakinos claws which prove very effective in taming it
. It can be given a saddle and ridden, though many think that this looks quite ridiculous as the rider has to ride in the creatures mouth. Aside from being very silly looking, it is also rather slow and despite it being able to put up a fight; many people use them for their utility. I have seen large fights with Villebrunaster losing all their arms, and despite being armless; Villebrunaster always seems to be able to make a great escape. 

I envision Villebrunaster being a tank/support. I do believe we don't need any more dps tames on aberration. Let us not upset the balance of the wildlife on aberration. Sure they might be able to do alright damage, but I would like them to never do more than a rock drake or reaper. 

Villebrunastar Taming:
You will first need to lure them off the ceiling by hitting them with plant species z fruit. After they are on the ground, you will then need to destroy all of its arms. Destroying its arms causing it to run away
. After a while it will return to where it lost it's limbs though it is unknown as to why. Perhaps it wants to try and eat it's lost limbs to replenish it's energy, or perhaps it wants to take revenge on it's attacker. Once it return it is possible to climb into the creatures mouth and feed it. It has a wide variety of tastes including Karakinos claws, plant species Z fruit, and raw prime meat. After feeding it the Villebrunastar will calm down and eventually become friendly towards the person who fed it. Each arm takes around 10 minutes to grow back. While taming, if more than 3 grow back you will need to attack it again to remove the arms, during which you will lose affinity.

A example of what I would imagine its mouth looking like. ( It has evolved in aberration. Its lifestyle caused its mouth to be above its body instead of underneath).

alien_starfish_3d_model_c4d_max_obj_fbx_ma_lwo_3ds_3dm_stl_2686883_o.png

Abilities/Attacks:
First Attack
- Basic attack where it lifts one arm up and slams it down to knockback and deal damage to enemies.
Second Attack
- Bite attack(Will only be able to bite from above its mouth)
Third Attack
- Lifts up all arms above mouth and slams them down to create a shockwave similar to a wyverns wing attack. This attack deals decent damage if all arms hit, knocks enemies back and slows them.
Fourth Attack
- Grabs a target with one of it's arms, it can either slam them down, throw them, or carry them somewhere else. This could be useful for taming and transport of creatures. Each arm can carry one creature but after carrying 3 or more it loses the ability to climb.
Fifth Ability
- Cycles through skin types similar to a Stego. You can choose between Rock mode which increaes defense or Spike mode which enables reflect damage.
Sixth ability- (Requires no arms) Will release pheromones calming enemies for a time. This allows Villebrunaster to possibly escape.
Seventh Ability
- Can cycle through the types of light it gives off.
) simple light
) damage boosting light to nearby allies
) health regen light to nearby allies
) damage resist to nearby allies
) weaponized light that acts like a flashbang to stun and deal damage to enemies (Activation is on a different key and you will see a bar indicating your flashbang is charged. Will use all your charge and damage scales depending on how much charge you used).

These are just ideas of abilities to hopefully catch peoples and wildcards eyes.

Some additional images

The Echinoblog: Starfish Wars! The Great Debate in Sea Star Evolution!
August-2014-Sea-Stars_Page_1.png
Image of a asterozoa
Asterozoa - Wikipedia

I encourage everyone if they have a different idea for Villebrunaster to share it! Thank you again for stopping by and reading!

• Like 2

3 replies to this server topic

So this could explain where Rockwell got all his mutant flying seastars from. I love the idea of a huge cave seastar in this dlc. 

I cannot be the only one who imagined a seastar wielding a shield and hammer now because of the paladin part of the title.

I have a question regarding its uses and execution when it comes to the physiology.

How big is it? If possible, like compared to the image you showed of it with its mouth in a 3d shape how big would the rider be? You can literally just draw a star shape and a person stockman if you want to illustrate it, and maybe a few stick Raptors or a Stego or Crab to show scale. I like the idea of this being found in a place we really don't look in Aberration and I feel is very underutilized, the ceiling and ledges high up in the Bio region where the Crystal Lake is, there are a ton of high winding paths up there and cliffs that I have never seen people use, especially the area above the Crystal waterfall and the large stone below it off to the side surrounded by glowing flora.

Another thing is should it be used to cling to creatures? By this i mean to friendly creatures. Depending on its size this could affect what it can attatch to but as a support dino I think it would be cool if you could use it to stick to an allied dino and be able to tag along on its hide as a passenger even if it has no saddle, like on the flanks where Deinonychus would jump onto, maybe it should even interact with that ability and be able to flashbang potential pounces from enemy creatures like Microraptor, Pegomastax, Icthyornis, Deinonychus, Raptors, Thyla and Purlovia! Depending on the size of the creature too it could affect how many could ride on it, this would not hurt the creature at all since it's just attached via suction. Maybe even the rider could still sit in the Starfish's mouth while it's attached to the dino and act as a secondary seat or cockpit they can fully utilize weapons from.

If the Starfish attached to a dino it could very easily follow emote gestures like a lightpet when not riding it or set it to react to different things like how the Sinomacrops can in order to customize what it does and doesn't do and whether it will flashbang CC pounces and thieves, enemies or even just Reapers or something.

Also, how would it move in water? Would it be able to float or only climb across the terrain, cause that could also be very useful especially with how multidimensional their mobility could be. Also. Imagine someone using a grappling hook to go across the ceiling by sticking to and grappling to different giant stalagtites or such.

If this creature did have a saddle I'm curious how you'd think it works or looks like, don't have to draw it. Or if you just sit in its mouth without a saddle needed. Gross in a funny way. If it did have a Tek Saddle or Sci-Fi themed saddle, or even a psuedo fantasy one since you described it as being a Paladin it could have an armored cockpit that the rider sits in. If it's higher tech it could have a glass dome over it kind of like a small flying saucer so if anyone is insane enough to take one into the space biomes in Ark they'd get to use it for the oxygen and hazmat utility, or even underwater as almost a mini submarine.

8 hours ago, Luux said:

So this could explain where Rockwell got all his mutant flying seastars from. I love the idea of a huge cave seastar in this dlc. 

I cannot be the only one who imagined a seastar wielding a shield and hammer now because of the paladin part of the title.

I have a question regarding its uses and execution when it comes to the physiology.

How big is it? If possible, like compared to the image you showed of it with its mouth in a 3d shape how big would the rider be? You can literally just draw a star shape and a person stockman if you want to illustrate it, and maybe a few stick Raptors or a Stego or Crab to show scale. I like the idea of this being found in a place we really don't look in Aberration and I feel is very underutilized, the ceiling and ledges high up in the Bio region where the Crystal Lake is, there are a ton of high winding paths up there and cliffs that I have never seen people use, especially the area above the Crystal waterfall and the large stone below it off to the side surrounded by glowing flora.

Another thing is should it be used to cling to creatures? By this i mean to friendly creatures. Depending on its size this could affect what it can attatch to but as a support dino I think it would be cool if you could use it to stick to an allied dino and be able to tag along on its hide as a passenger even if it has no saddle, like on the flanks where Deinonychus would jump onto, maybe it should even interact with that ability and be able to flashbang potential pounces from enemy creatures like Microraptor, Pegomastax, Icthyornis, Deinonychus, Raptors, Thyla and Purlovia! Depending on the size of the creature too it could affect how many could ride on it, this would not hurt the creature at all since it's just attached via suction. Maybe even the rider could still sit in the Starfish's mouth while it's attached to the dino and act as a secondary seat or cockpit they can fully utilize weapons from.

If the Starfish attached to a dino it could very easily follow emote gestures like a lightpet when not riding it or set it to react to different things like how the Sinomacrops can in order to customize what it does and doesn't do and whether it will flashbang CC pounces and thieves, enemies or even just Reapers or something.

Also, how would it move in water? Would it be able to float or only climb across the terrain, cause that could also be very useful especially with how multidimensional their mobility could be. Also. Imagine someone using a grappling hook to go across the ceiling by sticking to and grappling to different giant stalagtites or such.

If this creature did have a saddle I'm curious how you'd think it works or looks like, don't have to draw it. Or if you just sit in its mouth without a saddle needed. Gross in a funny way. If it did have a Tek Saddle or Sci-Fi themed saddle, or even a psuedo fantasy one since you described it as being a Paladin it could have an armored cockpit that the rider sits in. If it's higher tech it could have a glass dome over it kind of like a small flying saucer so if anyone is insane enough to take one into the space biomes in Ark they'd get to use it for the oxygen and hazmat utility, or even underwater as almost a mini submarine.

So I am just doing something quick ig to try and give visuals. This is what I thought the size could be.
As for saddles, I thought I mentioned more about the saddle. I may have forgot to add more when I was proof reading what I wrote. I'll add it in after this comment but the saddle was suppose to be a tek saddle. The tek saddle would go around its main body, not it's arms. Putting a saddle around the arms would probably hinder too much mobility. The tek saddle could possibly make the starfish hover away without any arms, though I havent thought of a balanced tek saddle ability. all I know is I would hate it to be just a plasma cannon. Most likely my personal idea would be to have the tek saddle revolve around one of its abilities though. Like the light. The tek saddle was suppose to give the rider complete protection ( Also oxygen and rad immunity) so that not even a fab rifle could hit them inside. ( Not sure how the tek railgun works. I heard it shoots through walls so possibly can still get hit by the tek railgun)? As for water, I could add that in as well. I imagine it would only be able to walk on the water floor. I also imagine it being flexible so it could still go through some tight caves. It wouldn't have any floating capabilities (Though tbh I have thought about other votes such as gen1 and gen2. Also thought I could make it work in extinction too.) and would not be able to attach to creatures. I imagine it being too big for that. 
image.pngimage.png