Shantungosaurus the radiation farm Dino

yuriityrano

Suggestion

Name: Shantungosaurus ‭(‬Shantung lizard‭)‬. Phonetic: Shan-tung-o-sore-us.

Named By: Hu‭ ‬-‭ ‬1973. Synonyms: Zhuchengosaurus maximus.

Classification: Chordata,‭ ‬Reptilia,‭ ‬Dinosauria,‭ ‬Ornithischia,‭ ‬Ornithopoda,‭ ‬Hadrosauridae,‭ ‬Saurolophinae. Species: S.‭ ‬giganteus‭ (‬type‭)‬. Diet: Herbivore. Size: Largest individuals approaching up to 15 to 16.5 meters long. Known locations: China‭ ‬-‭ ‬Shandong Peninsula‭ ‬-‭ ‬Wangshi Formation. Time period: Late Cretaceous.

Fossil representation: Partial remains of many individuals allowing for composite reconstructions.

I'm not good at making drawings, but I'm gonna try to describe him with some images.

Well my Idea is for Shantugosaurus but in really in steroids to compete with gigas and carchas in pvpbut it will help the player a lot in pve, I will say now:

Wild:a male wild shant will always be territorial towards other carnivores, due to their size being practically the size of a giga you will be able to watch these animals stand up on two legs and roar making gigas and other predators run in fear. the females are more docile, but they will tolerate your presence up to a certain distance where the indicative is your nostrils flaring and turning red which is a signal for you survivor to run

Process of taming: the process of taming these creatures is not that simple, as you will have to throw mushrooms with radiation for them to eat and pray that they don't find you when they eat, as the animal will enter the berserker state where a fold of skin on its The back will swell with blood (like deviljho, representation image below) and its nostrils will be swollen and they will be knocking down everything in sight, but when they leave that state, the animal will be torpor and fall from fatigue, where you can tame it normally.

Tamed: once tamed, the female and male will have different roles. The male will have the ability to crop plots on the ground without needing structures and you can switch this to an attack mode where when hitting the enemy with the snout with the spike structure on the snout, the enemy will suffer bleeding and radiation (yes the this animal's attacks emit radiation) and can scare giga-sized creatures. the female will serve as an anti radiation truck for radioactive areas, where she will give an anti radiation aura to the survivor without him needing an anti radiation suit. And when you unlock the tek tecnology, you can make the tek shant saddle, where he gonna have a laser horn to make the plot easiers and with no need of addubing and in the attack mode the laser horn gonna chance where when the shant inflict the hit, Will gonna make the enemies dinos being in beserk and hit each other ( If you have radioactive mushrooms in the inventory) and the female the saddle be equipped with Guns where when the female absorvs enough radiation you can shoot this radiation from this Guns on the back.

Abilities: right click: Bite
left click: stomp
x:  Male ( farm mode or damage mode when you continue the press button you gonna make the moves). Female ( she gonna put the anti radiation mode )
C :  the fear roar or in the mate companion gonna buff the 2 with more armor and dmg
q: stampede
😄

images.jpg

CwXzWrJUAAERYj1.jpg

CzNmweEWEAAEjhE.jpg

Edited by yuriityrano
I needed to put the tags and i forget to put the Idea in total

7 replies to this server topic

Shantungosaurus: The military Transport Dino

Dossier:

Wild:

The shantungosaurus is the largest hadrosaur on the ark using its sheer size to barge through trees and rocks, it scavenges through bushes and specializes in finding high tier seeds (rockarot, savroot, longrass and citrus)

Tamed: 

Many tribes have used this beasts size to their advantage equiping them with metal saddles fitted with vaults and 5 seats. And the small farmers of the ark use this creatures seed farming skill to find the best seeds for their farms

Abilities: 

pack mule: similarly to the ravager the shantungosaurus has a weight reduction on many resources (like stone, metal and wood) 

bull dozer: Its strong legs allow it to trample through rocks and trees if built up enough speed by running.

Saddles: The shantungosaurus would have 2 saddles, one that would be just a normal saddle, the second would be a metal saddle similar to an armored car and would be kitted with 5 seats, built in vaults, a generator and 2 cryofridges. 

Cons: 

The generator needs more fuel than a normal one.

Its large size and turning circle makes it hard to kill some of ragnarok smaller carnivores meaning you would need to defend its behind.

The people on its saddle can still be killed by shooting them, or by being wyvern gassed.

It cant swim very fast due to its weight and size

Pros: 

The shantungosaurus is immune to radiation.

It reduces the weight of the items in the vaults on it saddle.

Its (better)saddle is equiped with charge lanterns of exploring the deep depths of aberrations. 

Extra structures can be equiped on this saddle (fridges, incubators etc)

Taming: 

The taming method of this fairly gentle giant is quite interesting.

The shant spawns in a herd of 3 - 5 and you must lead the one you want to tame away.

once seperated from the herd you will have to defend it to befriend it.

Once defended similarly to an osd it will be given the option to tame. Creatures like basilisks and ravagers will be some of the creatures that would attack it

Hope you liked this creature idea and if you have any feed back make sure to say and ill add/ remove things.

- KingKraken

Edited by kingkraken150
text was black

Foreword:

Hello! Skip to the next section if you don't care for my sentiments.

This is my third time making a creature submission for a vote.  I've always had fun thinking about new creatures and ways to add to the world of ARK, but I, like many others, have struggled to portray ideas due to a lack of artistic ability shown in many other high effort submissions. Because of this, many cool ideas have been swept under the rug because they simply weren't noticed first, which is a shame, as I've seen some real gems not displayed on the first page of the forum. Of course, I am in no way guilt tripping you into reading every single post. But, if the first page's submissions don't tickle your fancy, I insist, go look for cool things on the next few! Alright, sappy bit over. Enjoy the Shantungosaurus!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview:
Shantungosaurus (Shant will be used for short occasionally in this submission) is one of if not the largest hadrosaur ever discovered. It hails from China during the Late Cretaceous. It grew from 49 ft (15 meters) to 54 feet (16.6 meters.) It is estimated to have weighed anywhere from 16 to 18 tons, making it larger than the likes of even the Spinosaurus! My idea for this glorious beast is to make it a great defensive addition to your boss fighting army, especially on Abberation, where no such creature is available. Whilst the Yutyrannus specializes in boosting your army's attack, I think it would be great for the Shant to make your forces sturdier. There are countless tales of Rockwell smashing through armies of dinosaurs before they can do the same to him. Hopefully, the addition of the Shantungosaurus will make your precious tames last a bit longer in the arena. The specifics of this boost and it's other stats and niches will be covered later.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dossier:
If I had to write a dossier for the Shantungosaurus, this is what I would go with.
7E681778-3F58-4818-AEBE-93B825C98FC6.jpg
Common name: Shantungosaurus
Species: Shantungosaurus clypeus
Time: Late Cretaceous
Diet: Herbivore
Temperament: Territorial

Wild: Every animal I've seen on this strange ARK so far has had to adapt to the wildly different conditions compared to other habitats I've encountered them in. But none I've noticed have adapted so well to the place as the Shantungosaurus. It's done this so well, in fact, that I've never seen them anywhere else. In a world where the strong bites of the Rex and Giga are nowhere to be seen, the Shant's thick skin can really shine as an effective tool for survival. The hide is amongst the toughest I've come across, able to withstand the merciless claws of the Spino, which does make it's home here. What's interesting to me is that it uses this defense and its massive size for battle so frequently. It aggresses upon most things that wind up in it's territory, presumably to protect it's share of food in this dangerous and unpredictable landscape.

Domesticated: If a tribe were to ever gain such unworldly confidence to ever attempt to subdue a Shantungosaurus, they would be rewarded with a beast almost designed for warfare. At the owner's disposal are already it's armorlike hide and crushing stomp force, only multiplied with the application of a saddle. However, one of the greatest spectacles I've seen is when I witnessed a tribe in battle with a Shant under their command. With it's mighty roar, the Shantungosaurus nearly convinced the tribe's other creatures they were as tough as itself. They seemed to take a lot less punishment from their opponents, resulting in an easy victory. Talk about a big shield!

In the Wild:

The Shantungosaurus will be found primarily in the Green zone, and very rarely in the Blue zone. Due to their size, they are not a common sight in the caverns of Abberation. They will be found spread relatively thinly along everywhere but the rivers and Portal area. As described in the dossier above, the Shantungosaurus will probably be found fighting something on it's turf. It will, however, ignore smaller creatures, such as the Dodo, light pets, Glowbugs, normal bugs, and all fully aquatic creatures. It will also ignore Nameless and Seekers. The Shant's thick hide makes it similar to a Stego's damage reduction, perhaps to a slightly lesser degree. Its high health and relatively high damage will allow it to win most fights it picks, although it most likely won't beat a Spino, Karkinos, and Basilisk at a level disadvantage, and it will definitely struggle against Alphas. However, it definitely will hold its own, and even if the victor isn't the Shant, whatever was fighting it will be very low on health. If you for some reason find yourself engaged with a Shantungosaurus and do not have the means necessary to kill or tame it, the Shant's poor turning radius and slower speed will make it easy to outrun on a nimbler creature such as a Raptor or Carno. 

Taming:

With all the headache-inducing (albeit cool) new taming methods for newer creatures, the Shantungosaurus keeps it simple. All you have to do is, um, convince the Shantungosaurus to go to sleep, feed it (it's preferred kibble is Exceptional and above), and there you go! However, knocking it out may be a problem, due to it's thick skin and high torpor. If you choose to go for body shots and tranquilizing equipment, your Shant knockout will take around 25% less time than a Giga. To prevent the process from being absolutely excruciating, headshots will be available on the Shant, reducing the time it takes to tranq to around that of a Rex/Spino. Additionally, you can use blunt force (catapults/cannons), but you run the risk of losing a lot of taming effectiveness with a sloppy shot. Here's some additional info that may help in taming:

Bolas: Ineffective(obviously)
Chain bolas: Yes, actually
Net Projectile: Ineffective
Plant Species Y: Ineffective
Bear Trap: Ineffective
Large Bear Trap: Effective

Can only be picked up by a Rhyniognatha, but there's no way to pick up a wild Shant with a Rhynio. Could be used if you transferred a tame Shant, though.
The Shant can do some damage to Stone with it's stomp attack, so if you're worried your knockout method isn't fast enough or you want a reusable trap, metal is advised.

Abilities:

Mouse1: Stomp/Tail Swipe. If facing forward, the Shant will rear onto it's hind legs, bringing them crashing down onto whatever poor beast is there to receive the blow, as well as dealing good knockback. The attack deals damage comparable to a Yuty bite. If facing backward, the Shant will swing it's tail behind itself, dealing less damage to the target, but much more knockback, similar to a Reaper or Carchar.

935F976C-8F26-4291-9A85-4681BB5AE65D.jpg

Mouse2: Roar. Consuming around about as much stamina as the Yuty's Courage Roar (if being ridden), the Shant will let out a loud bellow, adding a damage reduction of about 40% onto every creature in range for 30 seconds. The Yutyrannus' Courage Roar already boosts defense by 20%, so the Shant should hopefully fill a different niche with it's extra defense.

23C1F391-B41A-43FA-A154-51C1A0FEE613.jpg

C : Bite. The Shantungosaurus will quickly snap at whatever you're aiming at. Compared to the mighty Stomp, this does a much more modest amount of damage and knockback but can be used in much more rapid succession.

Passive Ability: The Shant's thick hide and mutations due to life on Abberation have rendered it immune to Radiation.

Roles:

Item Transport Vehicle: Although the Shant boasts no weight reductions, it's strong build allows it to carry many heavy items at once. It may be a slow method of transportation, but a sturdy one!

Plant Resource Gathering: The Shantungosaurus is a great contender for a gatherer on Abberation. It's bite can be used to collect droves of Berries and Mushrooms, whist it's stomp can be used to strip trees of their thatch quite efficiently.

Bossfight Support: The obvious and intended use for the Shantungosaurus is being used alongside your forces in the arena. You can transfer the Shant off of Abberation, so you could use it instead of or in conjunction with the Yutyrannus, or you could keep it on Abberation to help your Spinos and Megalosaurs take out Rockwell. Because I know so many people like dealing with his tentacles on a Rock Drake, on a specific setting, you can order your Shant to boost your army on it's own around every 30-40 seconds.

Exceptional Kibble Farm: You could, of course, use a bunch of Shantungosaurus as an easy source of Large Eggs for Exceptional Kibble. There isn't any benefit to doing this over other Large Egg species, it's just an option.

Miscellaneous Info:

The stuff explained here really has no place in the other sections, and isn't nearly as important. So, if you have other things to do, consider your reading over.

The Shantungosaurus will have breeding times similar to a Rex. The only differences are that the egg will hatch faster, but the baby will mature slower. They'll need around 5 air conditioners to start incubating. The Shant has a drag weight of 555 to make it just barely able to access Boss Fights. The Shantungosaurus' natural damage reduction is around a 15% reduction, but it takes 50% less torpor from tranqs.

Afterword:
I hope you enjoyed reading my concept for a Shantungosaurus on Abberation. It took a while to put together, but it was a lot of fun. Special thanks to my little brother, who is a way better artist than I am. Go Team Shant!

Edited by Bonkmaster

Originally not for aberration, just putting my ideas out there

Shantungosaurus:

The shantungosaurus was a large hadrosaur from the late cretaceous period, it weighed around 16 metric tons reaching heights of  6 meters and reaching lengths of 16.6 meters, dwarfing most therapods like the T-rex, and even some sauropods, their size isn’t one to be taken lightly. Most creatures of its time would not dare touch the shant as they stood no chance to it immense size and weight. they were also very fast for their size.

• The shant is every herbivores best friend, they gather around the shant, similar to carnos around the yuty,  to protect it in case of trouble, buffing its followers in return (wild).
  • The shant hates carnivores, receiving the Rivalry buff when near large carnivorous threats.
  • Its incredible size means it can hold an immense amount of health and weight.
  • Its thick hide allows it to take less damage from attacks and even less from projectiles.
  • Its massive muscular tail are used to throw enemies far inducing massive damage.
  • If an attacker does not let up, the shant will stand on its hind legs, similar to the iguanodon to parasaur stance while also increasing its attack but decreasing its speed.
  • In its stance form it gains the ability to do a large stomp where it smashes it front legs into the ground, breaking enemy’s bones while going back to its quadruped stance then receiving a cooldown for the stance.
  • its large sack under their snouts can be used to create low bellowing calls that echo through mountains.

Possible taming methods:

1. You must first kill or knock out the shants followers giving you access to hit the shant itself, during which its followers will attack you to protect the shant
  2. Similar to taming the brachi from ark additions, where you shoot its hind legs while it is in bipedal stance where it will then knock out, during the process it will chase and attack you.
  3. Similar to golem taming where you will hit its head with a canon until it knocks out .

Attacks

Quadruped stance:

1. Left click = Headbutt: a standard attack that does decent damage and slight knockback. Collects thatch and berries.
  2. Right click = Foot stomp: a slightly heavier hitting attack that has no knockback. Collects wood and berries in a radius around the dino.
  3.  C = Tail swipe: a powerful attack that knocks its opponents far (based on drag weight)
  4.  Hold Right click = Charge: a short burst of speed that would charge toward a target stunning on impact

Bipedal stance: (extra damage - speed)

1. Left click = Claw swipe: a standard attack that does good damage with no knockback. Collects thatch and berries.
  2. Right click = Foot stomp: a slightly heavier hitting attack that has no knockback. Collects wood and berries in a radius around the dino (.
  3. C = Tail swipe: a powerful attack that knocks its opponents far (based on drag weight)
  4. X = Large stomp: an extremely powerful attack that breaks its opponents’ bones and stuns for a short period of time, it sets the dino back to quadruped stance and has a large cooldown,
Edited by KrishRox101