big boy dmg Yi qi, the Skilled Assassin (now with ability art!)

RRG

On 7/8/2023 at 8:15 AM, ElPINGUcubano94 said:

I got very excited when I saw this creature as I was thinking about posting it for aberration as well! However, there are a few things here that I think is really holding the Yi Qi back. 

the whole part about if you get hit at all by a fabi sniper you fall to the ground and are stunned for 10 seconds and unable to glide for another 20… do you understand how long that is? That is way way too long, it’s too punishing considering you only need to hit it once. pc players can hit with a fabi pretty consistently so it’s a really bad idea. It’s already a glass cannon, doing that would make it borderline useless because since it’s so frail who wouldn’t be able to kill it in 30 seconds? Pop it once then use a reaper or megalo and it’s over. You should remove that entire part to be honest or you’re seriously hurting the creatures chance at making the vote.

Second, making it not regain stamina when clinging to a wall not only doesn’t make sense but you’re seriously nerfing the creature into the ground. It already can’t climb, and now you’re making it not regain any stamina when clinging to a surface? Considering the glide mechanic takes up a lot of stamina as stated, this thing is essentially being made to be a worse pteranodon. No one is going to want to have to land constantly considering how frail you made it. Seriously nerfing the mobility on something that relies on its speed and mobility to stay alive just doesn’t make sense. 

also, the whole part of higher weight stat makes it consume more stamina and more health makes it slower and so on is counterintuitive. People level their creatures to make them better not worse. It’s already very frail and now if i try to offset that even a little im now slower and easier to hit? It won’t ever get enough health to be bulky, it doesn’t merit a speed nerf. Coupled with the whole ridiculous 30 second stun timer? I’m telling you that is probably putting a lot of people off.

i understand this isn’t meant to be a bulky creature but the fact it has a lower base HP than a raptor is too frail IMO. At a minimum give it a base HP of 210 to match the Pteranodon, but I personally think it should have even a little more than that considering its size and build. It already has the base stamina of the pt, which is pretty bad considering it consumes a lot of stamina for the glide and the side steps and all that.  if it has less HP it’s just too much. 

that being said I love the ideas for the feathers and the way it has synergy with the mushrooms and plant Z on ab. It’s a very cool and creative creature. But The mechanics you implemented here for its mobility and counter is too punishing for what is supposedly offering. Im not telling you this to be mean, but because I genuinely want this creature to have a chance as I wanted to suggest it for Ab and I feel the things I’ve mentioned is probably turning off a lot of the pvp community. Please consider what I’ve said. 

I like your thoughts about this creature. Good constructive criticism

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 12:59 AM, MermaidMaira said:

HI RRG I'm suffering trying to figure out how to submit my own idea OR EVEN VOTE ON OTHER PEOPLE'S??? I can't figure out how to upvote????? But in the meantime I'm still enjoying the creativity of all the submissions

I personally think Rock Drake has a special status as Aberration's ultimate tame, being both powerful and gliding, and I think any gliding creature added to Ab with any more abilities than bite and glide will probably make Rock Drake obsolete. But *by god do I love this concept* and I would love to see it in the game! Frankly if Rock Drake ever got a TLC, this should be the inspiration. It just sounds like fun to fight with! Zoom around pew pew pew ahahahahahah RIP AND TEARRRRR

Very cool indeed. I've never tamed a rock drake but I have always imagined how much fun it would be to have one, but it would be interesting to see if I ever would get a drake if this were added to the game. Still, I really like this creature!

28 minutes ago, Winston9602 said:

I like your thoughts about this creature. Good constructive criticism

Thank you I appreciate that! Fortunately RRG was open to my suggestions and decided to implement those changes. I believe the changes coupled with the epic ability art he uploaded has helped the Yi Qi receive way more votes!

We’re almost there!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FlashGuard said:

Honestly i do not believe we need more damage dealers in the game. its cool utility with such but we need more helpful abilities rather than burn down the dino. 

It's an alternative to ordinary damage dealers as it doesn't quite work like a traditional battle mount, plus it has some helpful abilities like gliding and being able to use different types of ammo. Having enough damage dealers in the game is a valid opinion but I digress, diversity is king when it comes to fun in ark