Gastonia: the Thorny Cretaceous Juggernaut

Bulborb87

Suggestion

Gastonia_burgei_dinosaur.png.506f06232c6960066ea5cad45d51687c.png

Gastonia is an Ankylosaur but unlike your typical one, Gastonia lack's the iconic clubbed tail but instead it's body was covered in spikes to act as a good mix of defense and offense, for the case of ARK this herbivore would be unable to harvest metal and such like the Anky, but would be larger in size and more aggressive with attacks such as a tackle and a tail swipe to make it's opponents bleed.

In the game one ability idea I had is that it's tackling rocks in order to find flint to sharpen it's spikes (this would provide a temporary buff to it for it's damage), but it doesn't like it when someone invades it's personal space but get's particularly mad when facing large predators or packs of predators which makes it harder to kill and causes it to be stronger.

It's spikes also have the ability to pierce armor so watch out when confronting these thorny juggernauts from the Cretaceous!

Carryable by: Queztal & Rhyniognatha

Base Stats:

HP: 700
Stamina: 475
Weight: 650
Damage: 57 (Tackle), 36 (Tail swipe)

Debuff's: Bleed (tackle and tail swipe)

Weight reduction:

Flint: 50%
Thatch: 25%
Wood: 15%

Harvest Rates:

Flint: 5/5
Thatch: 5/5
Wood: 3/5
Berries: 4/5
Stone: 1/5

Can destroy: thatch, wood and stone

Wild: The sheer oddities of this island never cease to amaze me, but a recent encounter with Gastonia burgei has shown that Ankylosaurids can be ill-tempered. Gastonia burgei is far larger then one's that have been discovered, but this species has got a bad temper as it doesn't like anyone invading it's personal space with the exception of Ankylosaurus crassacutis being the only one's it will tolerate.

The spikes of the Gastonia appear to be razor sharp as they leave behind deep wounds onto an attacker to make them bleed, but they seem to seek out flint to grind their spikes against to sharpen them for more damage, even going as far as to tackle boulders to find flint. Because of their ill-temper and spikes, most predators prefer to leave Gastonia alone unless they are desperate or hungry enough to challenge it, I've even seen a pack of Utahraptor's get disposed of quickly as the creature get's stronger when facing packs or large carnivores.

Domesticated: Domestication of Gastonia burgei is a difficult process given their power and temper, but they have proven to be a "workhorse" for any tribe. The creatures fondness for flint has made it a common sight within quarries and as a defender. For any war fairing tribe, they've employed Gastonia's spikes to weaken their foes with it's bleeding capabilities and how the spikes can pierce right through armor. I've even been told that roars that are meant to intimidate this creature have shown to do the exact opposite and instead only serve to tick it off and make it stronger.

Edited by Bulborb87
felt like adding in new info for what I thought up

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet