-Stegotetrabelodon the Scorched Earth Mammoth, agricultural aid and travel tent

Nickkok

Suggestion

Stegotetrabelodon is a large pachyderm ancestor of the modern elephant, this animal is very large and tall (even bigger than mammoths and paracers) and therefore shouldn't be disturbed too much or it could tear you apart in seconds. It is indeed an extremely short-tempered creature, but it helps that its eyesight is bad, so it will only attack you if you get too close.

1000_F_371702946_lJGenrqwQUagfn3AyMImLgwDT3M0hjxI.jpg.da688fb1ea9d5edc00c5cec600b9a800.jpg

As you can see in the image above, it's a creature that loves two things:

1- Water, so you can find it near oases or in any case near lakes, rivers and ponds.

2- The group; the stegotetrabelodon in fact lives in groups of 5 specimens and each group is led by a leader who will be the one with the highest level of the group

1200px-Stegotetrabelodon11.jpg.bed6c8d8ad3e9457a6c0cdf5d9e0b0f9.jpg

Wild: I can't believe my eyes... while filling my water bottle at the oasis my eyes lifted up and my attention was caught by a creature I had never seen before... It was tall and very large and had four long tusks, he was not alone but accompanied by a group. He was slowly walking up to me and I thought he was friendly but then he looked closely and started running after me. So I realized they are short-tempered animals and it would be best to keep your distance.

Taming: Taming this beast is not easy because you will risk your life. There is only one way to tame it And you have to follow it down to the smallest detail... First step you have to kill the leader of the group by doing so when the other specimens of the group have forgotten and will no longer chase you the group will split and each stegotetrabelodon will go on its way without helping the others in case of attack... at this point you have to choose your target among the remaining stegotetrabelodon and let yourself be chased, you have to take it as far as possible from the stream where you found it and when it is far enough it will fall on the ground and he will pass out and at this point you just have to put some bottles of water or jars or something else of water and you have to wait for him to drink it and after a while he tames it.

Tamed: Once tamed it will be possible to ride it using a saddle

M091728_Elefante-con-Houdah.jpg.a1f4c4719b17690cceeb1971964bdc7c.jpg

(This is how the saddle should be)

When you ride this animal the covered saddle will give you the same effects as when you are in a tent so you will have thermal insulation and protection from sandstorms.

In addition to this the stegotetrabelodon has various abilities:

The first is a simple attack that if the enemy is in front of the stegotetrabelodon, he will attack with his fangs so he will do more damage and if the enemy is behind the stegotetrabelodon he will stomp with his hind legs

The second is an attack that we will call fire hydrant attack because it will be necessary to get close to the water and by pressing the stegotetrabelodon it will capture it with its proboscis and then it will be able to spit on other creatures 3 times before reloading, as soon as they are hit by the water they will be pushed, the smaller the creature, the farther the distance will be when they are pushed by the water

The third ability is the coolest in my opinion, it consists of a fang attack and when it does the stegotetrabelodon will start running towards the target and pierce it with its 4 fangs the hit creature will be captured by the stegotetrabelodon exactly like Kaprosuchus and Megalosaurus do this and this will be very painful for the enemy which will have an effect called *Skewered*.. Only small and medium creatures will be caught by stegotetrabelodon, large creatures will be stuck for a few seconds like a bear trap does and very large creatures they will only have the Skewered effect.

Fourth ability (POSSIBLE but I'm not very sure) It consists of the watering mode so when the stegotetrabelodon takes water with its proboscis it will start activating the watering mode AND it will start watering the plants in quite a large area which will be shown the player when he places the plants and when the water runs out you have to take him to a stream to fill it or you will put some water in his inventory like bottles, skins and jars…

OTHER IDEAS RECOMMENDED BY SUPPORTERS

The Leader of the group of stegotetrabelodons has a "musth rage" that Is activate when the other group member are attacked, This fury makes him much stronger but slower when attacking and when moving

The stegotetrabelodon is very strong but its Achilles heel is the stamina in fact it gets tired immediately as we have seen in the taming

The saddle of the stegotetrabelodon is very expensive because, as seen in the concept photo, it is very particular and therefore will certainly require a lot of metal and silk in addition to leather

If you have any other ideas or anything write a comment and I will add it and you like stegotetrabelodon be sure to vote for my idea

14 replies to this server topic

On 9/4/2023 at 22:20, FutureBug96 said:

Ho fatto un dossier per Stego. Ho cercato di combinare alcune delle idee di Nickkok e CyberSaurus0829, e anche di dare qualcosa da parte mia. Le mie capacità artistiche non sono ben sviluppate, quindi ho usato immagini da Internet. Alla fine penso sia venuto abbastanza bene, voi cosa ne pensate?

L'immagine principale dello stegotetrabelodon è tratta da Wikipedia .

L'immagine del cranio di Stegotetrabelodon proviene da questo sito .

L'icona della tenda è di Pinterest .

Ogni altro elemento del dossier viene da qui .

1866259754_StegotetrabelodonDossier.jpg.912d2690583b4ce6043edf18fec59752.jpg

I cant put the dossier because its too heavy and It says that i cant

I made a dossier for stego. I tried to combine some of Nickkok and CyberSaurus0829 ideas, and also to give something from me. My art skills are not well developed so I used images from the Internet. In the end I think it turned out pretty good, what do you guys think?

Main stegotetrabelodon image is from Wikipedia.

Stegotetrabelodon skull image is from this site.

Tent icon is from Pinterest.

Every other dossier element is from here.

1866259754_StegotetrabelodonDossier.jpg.912d2690583b4ce6043edf18fec59752.jpg

I love stegotetrabelodon so here are my ideas for this creature:

I think that the "tusk capture" attack should be able to capture creatures below ceratin (around 250) drag weight. Dinos that have more drag weight (up to around 950) maybe would be immobilized for a few seconds, like using large bear trap on them, and dinos with even higher drag weight would just got the bleed, or maybe some sort of different status effect as I think bleed is a bit overused. Maybe "pierced" effect that makes bleed of other creatures more efficent?

I also think that "watering mode" should have 3 uses before the need to refil the water, and it would also refil player's water containers (like canteen) so could be sometimes very useful on Scorched Earth.

Stegotetrabelodon should also be as tall or even taller than paracer, because why not, it needs to be large to be able to immobilize huge creatures. It was also larger than most mammoth species IRL.

I would also suggest abillity based around "musth" that elephants go into IRL. Maybe so that male stegotetrabelodons have similar to giga's rage mode and will attack faster and stronger when enough dps was inflicted on them, but this would not throw the rider off the saddle, and could be actually useful. I think it would be harder to control the movement and attacks of stego, but they would be somehow more effective and deadly.

Last thing I want to add is that this elephant should be very dangerous to attack from the front, so it should have very long attack range and high knockback with those tusks (longer than spino bite attack) and should aslo be able to spam attack like mammoth. This would make it hard to defeat from the front even for gigas. Maybe tusks could also pierce through player and saddle-like armour?

thanks for reading and upvoting stegotetrabelodon, i think your ideas are great , actually the skewering was a bit too strange that he could carry a trex on his tusks so I think that's something to add, also the watering I think is right to use it 3 Times before you finish it and that you can fill the bottles via the hydrant mode, Even the size I meant to write that stegotetrabelodon is larger than a paracer and a mammoth but I forgot so thank you, The meat ability I don't know maybe could be an ability the stegotetrabelodon group leader uses when provoked since you have to kill the leader to tame them What do you think about this?

5 minutes ago, Nickkok said:

thanks for reading and upvoting stegotetrabelodon, i think your ideas are great , actually the skewering was a bit too strange that he could carry a trex on his tusks so I think that's something to add, also the watering I think is right to use it 3 Times before you finish it and that you can fill the bottles via the hydrant mode, Even the size I meant to write that stegotetrabelodon is larger than a paracer and a mammoth but I forgot so thank you, The meat ability I don't know maybe could be an ability the stegotetrabelodon group leader uses when provoked since you have to kill the leader to tame them What do you think about this?

I think that if wild stegotetrabelodon can use this ability it would also make sense for tamed ones. Maybe only the highest level in herd can use "musth rage" if there is any other stego with lower level around him.

Additionally it could have a weight reduction on wood like mammoth and maybe should be able to gather wood acting like Scorched Earth's mammoth (with thorny dragon being SE's giant beaver).

Also I didn't mention any weaknesses, so to balance this monster I think it would be certainly faster than mammoth but its stamina would be very bad.
It would also be possible to tame only if player level is 80 (maybe higher/lower) and the saddle would be unlockable at the same level (and would be very expensive).

Now the musth rage makes more sense and I think that a scorched earth mammoth Is a very great idea

For the saddle you are right Because if you look closely at the concept photo I've posted, it's a very particular saddle and it has lots of carpets and other embroideries so I think the saddle should cost a lot of metal and a lot of silk so an element found only on scorched earth moths is included I've already made some changes, look at them and let me know

37 minutes ago, Nickkok said:

I changed it a bit in my own way because I hadn't read the advice, tell me if it can attract more 

Much better, but I would also remove the "*" and instead of "the" I would put "-", but do it as you want. Also, what do you think about the dossier I posted earlier? You can put it in the suggestion if you think it looks good enough.

• Volunteer Moderator
34 minutes ago, CyberSaurus0829 said:

no offense to them but it'd probably be better for them to bring their ideas here since mine has more votes already.

The general rule of thumb is to merge newer threads into the original thread.

Not worry, when it is done, the unique vote counts are combined.  i.e. If this thread had 5 votes (including 2 that did not vote for yours) and your thread had 7 votes when merged to this one, then the new vote count would be 9.

17 minutes ago, Nickkok said:

Now the musth rage makes more sense and I think that a scorched earth mammoth Is a very great idea

For the saddle you are right Because if you look closely at the concept photo I've posted, it's a very particular saddle and it has lots of carpets and other embroideries so I think the saddle should cost a lot of metal and a lot of silk so an element found only on scorched earth moths is included I've already made some changes, look at them and let me know

The musth rage would only work on males of course (because only male elephants go into musth IRL). So to make females useful, they would be better at collecting wood.

The pushing with water ability is interesting considering that ARK: Survival Ascended is supposed to have dynamic water, but I think it might be more useful if instead of pushing smaller dinos, it can aim very effectively and spray water at flyers and ground them for a very short period of time (like reaper with its acid projectiles).

i also think if it's a SE's mammoth in some sense, it should be able to pick up smaller dinos with its trunk, just like the mammoth can.

Archived