Everdark

Suggestion

Hello Survivors,

Today I would like to introduce to you the new potential Gathering King, The Stegouros.

The Stegouros was a Parankylosaur, a group of Basal Ankylosaurs present in Cretaceous South America, Antarctica and Australia, which also included Antarctopelta and Kinbarrasaurus. Stegouros was the smallest in the group so hopefully Wildcard can use some creative liberty to size up the creature to make it rideable.

Now to get to the more interesting part, Stegouros’ main defining feature is the tail which featured osteoderms which made the tail look like the Mesoamerican Macuahuitl, which the tail was named after.

Some suggested features that could make the Stegouros a beneficial creature to add to the game is it could be great for gathering and having weight reductions on a large amount of materials and even be the first creature to have a weight reduction on resources such as flint and hide. 

With the uniquely shaped tail the Stegouros could be capable of gathering materials such as wood, thatch, charcoal, stone, clay, flint, berries, fiber, cactus sap, chitin, keratin, hide, pelt, meat(all kinds), crystal, gems, salt, sulfur, metal, obsidian, oil, element(shard, dust&ore), organic polymer, rare flowers and mushrooms, and even angler gel and bio toxin, though I wouldn’t recommend taking too deep into ocean. While being able to harvest all these resources it can have a gathering rate on par or slightly less effective than the top gatherers of that resource. 

To keep up with the title of Gathering King, the Stegouros could also have weight reductions on materials such as wood, thatch, charcoal, stone, flint, hide, pelt, chitin, keratin, crystal, metal, obsidian, oil, and element(shard, dust and ore). Just like the gathering efficiency the weight reductions could either be on par or slightly less than the top gatherers of that resource.

I hoped to present a gathering creature that would be excellent in mid game or maybe even late game if implemented well. I know having gathering capabilities comparable to the best in every category would be a bit too OP and might invalidate some other creatures so what would most likely happen is due to being able to harvest so many resources and having weight reductions is the gathering efficiencies and reductions would be slightly less than the top contenders but this creature would be able to harvest a vast amount more resources while also having weight reductions.

This here was my first submission and Ark forums made as I have taken part in previous creature votes and this idea came to me after the Rhyniognatha vote. I hope the idea is liked by lots and makes it far but most of all I hope everyone voted for what they want most in the game. (I do apologize for the more sloppy appearance compared to other submissions as I quickly went through some notes I wrote awhile back after seeing a new submission was announced)

BBEE8835-84AD-43DE-9B79-0E809B254105.png

3DC53AE0-A61E-48A4-9A2A-E69C7E5D1592.jpeg

39969BC3-5BBC-464E-928E-7BF44086A869.jpeg

3 replies to this server topic

stegouros-adamworks.jpeg.b33dbf4aa4418f9c5030babec2aa1453.jpegstegouros elengassenstegouros elengassenstegouros elengassenstegouros elengassen

"Stegouros" is a Greek phrase that means "roofed lizard warrior" or "roofed tail" in English. It's not clear what you are referring to exactly, but Ark Survival Evolved, here are some possible reasons why "stegouros" would be a great fit for the Scorched Earth:

• Resistance to heat: The Scorched Earth map is known for its harsh and unforgiving desert environment, with extreme temperatures that can quickly deplete a player's health. Stegouros, as a "roofed lizard warrior," could have natural adaptations that make it more resistant to the heat or use itstail as shade, allowing you to survive and thrive in this environment.

• Combat abilities: As a "warrior," Stegouros elengassen could be a powerful fighter, able to take on other creatures in the Scorched Earth with ease. Its tough skin and sharp saw like tail or spikes could make it a formidable opponent in battles.

• Travel options: The Scorched Earth map is vast and unforgiving, with long stretches of barren desert that can be difficult to navigate. Stegouros elengassen, as a lizard-like creature, could have natural abilities that make it an excellent mount for players, allowing them to travel faster and more safely across the map.

• Resource gathering: In Ark Survival Evolved, players need to gather resources like food, water, and materials to build structures and craft items. Stegouros elengassen could have natural abilities that make it an efficient gatherer of these resources, whether by foraging for plants or hunting other creatures.

Overall, "Stegouros elengassen" sounds like a powerful and adaptable creature that could be a great fit for the challenges of the Scorched Earth and Ark Survival Evolved.

Some ideas 💡:

Maybe it can use its tail as a solar panel and when charged it could do massive damage.

Maybe it's tail could be like a sheild and any attacks from behind would be deflected so you have to fight it from the front side.

Just now, PrettyBroom7921 said:

stegouros-adamworks.jpeg.b33dbf4aa4418f9c5030babec2aa1453.jpegstegouros elengassenstegouros elengassenstegouros elengassenstegouros elengassen

"Stegouros" is a Greek phrase that means "roofed lizard warrior" or "roofed tail" in English. It's not clear what you are referring to exactly, but Ark Survival Evolved, here are some possible reasons why "stegouros" would be a great fit for the Scorched Earth:

• Resistance to heat: The Scorched Earth map is known for its harsh and unforgiving desert environment, with extreme temperatures that can quickly deplete a player's health. Stegouros, as a "roofed lizard warrior," could have natural adaptations that make it more resistant to the heat or use itstail as shade, allowing you to survive and thrive in this environment.

• Combat abilities: As a "warrior," Stegouros elengassen could be a powerful fighter, able to take on other creatures in the Scorched Earth with ease. Its tough skin and sharp saw like tail or spikes could make it a formidable opponent in battles.

• Travel options: The Scorched Earth map is vast and unforgiving, with long stretches of barren desert that can be difficult to navigate. Stegouros elengassen, as a lizard-like creature, could have natural abilities that make it an excellent mount for players, allowing them to travel faster and more safely across the map.

• Resource gathering: In Ark Survival Evolved, players need to gather resources like food, water, and materials to build structures and craft items. Stegouros elengassen could have natural abilities that make it an efficient gatherer of these resources, whether by foraging for plants or hunting other creatures.

Overall, "Stegouros elengassen" sounds like a powerful and adaptable creature that could be a great fit for the challenges of the Scorched Earth and Ark Survival Evolved.

cool, take my vote

Archived