Metriorynchus, the dune crocodile/sandshark.

MrReaper1207

Suggestion

While in real life these were ocean dwellers, why not have fun and turn them into sand sharks, as well as give them some slightly more terrestrial features so they arent always digging. I cant draw so dont expect pictures.

stat wise, close to an allosaurus or thyla or somethin.

i can imagine it would behave as a mix of a crocodile and a shark, being an ambush predator that behaves much like a shark when attacking. Also not exactly agressive more territorial but agressive if you have deathworm horns on your hotbar as those are its favorite food.

attacks: bite, does, damage, i hope.

body slam, kind of like a whale or shark breaching surface and slamming down think molduga from zelda. Does damage and mild stun.

tail whack: allows the sand croc to turn on a dime, if used when buried throws sand, which is blinds like a browner dilo poison and drains stam maybe oxygen.

Swimming mode: since they dont go deep your player wont worry about drowning like its a basilisk dig. This is how they usually are in the wild.

not swimming. Like sarco but better, so basically ark additions(W mod) deinosuchus but worse.

burried mode when mounted, just like basilisk dig.

buried mode unmounted just like basilisk when unmounted and buried except instead of tail sticking out its the top of its head.

other abilities: does more damage to death worms.

also would be a decent water mount, like, you guessed it, a, sarco.

taming: use explosives near where its swimming in the sand. If they explode close enough to it, it will breach and fall lying sideways, shoot it with tranqs in the stomach, after about 20s it will go back to swimming unless it  KOs. They eat meat, all kinds, superior kibble, and deathworm horns can substitute for kibble as well.

spawn zone: the dunes.

PS: i know this is terrible low effort and i am clearly tired. I swear to god if this makes top 10 ill lose my mind cause this sucks.

also please give feedback and ideas.

considering making pencil and paper sketch art but im not sure.

1 reply to this server topic

Then the proposal is very interesting, even if I can already hear the heaters attacking it saying: "it's aquatic but it's not good for the desert", even if you've already given yourself an explanation. What I can tell you is that you could improve the presentation with titles, bold words, emojis made on purpose like the keyboard keys for the moves, here I would add the moveset, or colored phrases, photos taken from the internet that you like things like that, in the meantime, take my vote. If you have any doubts you can always see ME or the top 10 as they present the creatures👍

Archived