Suggestion

Hello everyone, first I want to say that thank you for taking your time to read my creature submission. I would like to introduce my submission, the Placerias. 

What is the Placerias, well the Placerias is a larger relative of the Lystrosaurus, being a synapsid. The Placerias lived during the Triassic period and was among the largest of herbivores in the late Triassic period. It is theorized that it's beak to eat tough vegetation and it's tusks for self defense and display (similar to elephants) and it theorized to have a similar body build to the modern hippopotamus. 

So how would the Placerias work in ARK and more specifically in Scorched Earth?
Well I have a few suggestions, first as the title suggests, I would like the take aspects of the modern hippos and apply them to the Placerias, with the main one being its temperament. So the Placeria would ideal spawn on at the oasis' under the green and red obelisks as well as found around the drying up river, as they like to cool down in the water like modern hippos. While passive at a distance, they will become agressive if you approach them and despite their bulky appearance, they can run faster than you if given enough time. 

Abilities: 
1) Placerias have an extreme hatred for Kapros, to the point that they will attack any Kapros (tamed or wild) thus Kapros fear them and refuse to attack Placerias and the Kapros won't lunge on survivors riding on Placerias. 

2) Placerias would take reduced damage (Similar to Stegos in Harden Plates Mode) due to its thick hide, making it idea damage soakers for survivors (especially since Stegos and Carbs are unavailable in Scorched and it would survive as a expendable turret soaker as opposed to using Rock Elementals to soak turrets)

3) Due to their tusks, Placerias could apply a bleed debuff similar to the Carno's bleed, thus doing damage overtime

4) Similar to Dire Bears, Placerias would run faster as it keeps running without hitting obstacles, thus idea when traveling the desert faster, and similar to Wooly Rhinos, it will do more damage to whatever it hits when at full speed

5) It would be good at harvesting thatch and fiber, as well as rare flowers and rare mushrooms and it would get weight reduction on said resources due to its strong beak.

Now how to tame it, well since they are very agressive, especially in herds, the first thing you want to do is separate the one you want either by trapping it or by killing its herd. From there, you want to sneak up to the Placeria with the aid of Ghilie Armor and Cactus Broth and feed it Rare Flowers, buth there is a catch, when it eats the Rare Flower, it will trigger any near by creature due to the Rare Flower's effect, so make sure the Placerias is in a rather safe location or make sure there are no other wild creature is near by.

Well that's my submission and even if it doesn't win, I appreciate everyone for taking the time to read my ideas about Placerias, I just wanted to give a new and unique idea while keeping the creature balanced and not giving it op abilities.

Artwork By Karen Carr

102750387.jpg

placerias-size.jpg

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived