• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, loudplatipus said:

I mean fare enough. If it does win i would at least like to see different varients like an ab version or an extinction version.

THIS!!! Bastion Beetle VARIANTS on DIFFERENT BIOMES or MAPS. DO IT WILD CARD!!
This is the BEST CREATURE to try this.. different colors on different maps.

SE VERSION = CAN DIG SAND with SPIKES like LURKER (brown, faded yellow, tan, bluesih green)
AB VERSION = GLOWING and TOXIC GAS (shiny, iridescent, glowing butt, blue, green, yellow)
EX VERSION = ARTILLERY with BOMBS (polka dots black, ash, red, orange, violet, pink)
GEN 1 = DEFENSE MODE with HEALING (light blue, light green, R mutated colors)
GEN 2 = BEETLE COMBINED with PLAYER = EXOSUIT Watch Blue Beetle Trailer and you will get Beetle skills (galaxy colors)

On 4/8/2023 at 12:19 AM, Kaho said:

On 4/7/2023 at 9:41 PM, CampJz said:

before I start most credit goes previous submitter for this.

Lol was 1 when I submitted this so I was tired. Yeah don’t expect a new food with this. Thank you to those who posted the extra photos below. Wild card use them if this wins. Also thanks to those who gave new and improved abilities in the chat. I will try and use them.
Common name: Bastion
Species: antarctotrechus Balli
Diet: omnivore 
temperament: neutral

* Wild:

A friend of mine used to tell me, when you feel the sky start to vibrate and a deafening fluttering sound invades the area you are in, watch out! That a bastion beetle is near, although it is known that they are of neutral temperament, this coleopteran is to be respected, it is better not to disturb them if you do not want to end up crushed by their horns and be like plasticine, this creature can be found in forests, swamps and prairies according to the map, the beetles will be flying low in these places, Adults can’t be domesticated only the babys, if you search well in rotten logs you can find their larvae, their domestication will be passive, (you will find them in different sizes as the kairuku) but beware that in their larval stage they secrete a substance that attracts ants using them as their guardians, and not only that, if there is a stronghold of adults nearby they will not hesitate to attack you. For insects, these coleopterans come with a protective instinct towards their young. If it manages to evade the adults, immediately isolate the larva you want and offer it tree sap, funca wood, cactus sap, honey or vegetable cake, these last 2 are the best options for better taming.

•    Tamed:
once it is yours, it will eat only wood, funca wood, cactus sap, tree sap, vegetable cake, also it will be the first baby creature you can put on your shoulder immediately (only temporary because its growth will be slow). 
•    shoulder larvae skills:
-    offer it organic polymer and it will be an insect repellent that will help you in caves and tame insects.
-    the hatchlings give off a deep smell to the human nose, this will help you not to fall asleep if you have torpor.
-    the larva's acute , remember to give it its caress if you wish.
the larva of the bastion beetle will have a state of joy, this will help the larva to grow faster to reach the pupa stage, to keep it happy it must receive caresses for a certain time, otherwise its capacities will be annulled and it will not have a benefit of fast growth.

When it reaches its pupal stage, it will grow excessively where it needs a lot of attention and ample space because at this stage it will start to grow a lot and you will see sexual dimorphism.When at this stage it is most vulnerable as it gives off pheromones that attack predator.Also, I tell you mate, the bastion will have a long maturation time to become an adult, almost matching the growth like the large mount, what can I tell you? metamorphosis is not easy at all! if it survives however it will become on e of the most important tames in your arsenal.

*Tamed:

When it finally becomes a beetle, it will be able to feed on fruit and meat, as well as use it without a saddle.
On land it will be somewhat slow but with one of the best weight reduction, water is its worst enemy, have you seen a non-aquatic beetle in the water? very clumsy and its wings get wet being impossible to fly, but in the air, it will be one of the most maneuverable flyers because like the griffin it can fly backwards but in a better way, albeit slower. Wherever you want it to stay flying your bastion, that's where it will stay.

General abilities: 

- Ground flapping: on the ground it will fling all small enemies around it by spreading and flapping its wings like the wyvern.
- Aerial Grab: while flying he can grab medium and medium-large creatures (he is a large scale beetle, of course he can carry large dinosaurs). 
- Walk like a god: Both can climb and cling to any kind of surface.

-Two flying modes defensive and speed. Speed is fast and mobile but exoskeleton is separated, defensive slow but increases health and armor for bug.

-Chemical spit: When threatened the Bastion can release a volatile acidic compound on those who threaten it!

PASSIVES:

* Passive: 
- 75% weight reduction. 
- It will keep the same speed, even if it is at the weight limit.
- Ballistic damage reduction 25% (except tek).
- Radiation resistance.
* Weaknesses:
- extra fire damage 30%.
- vulnerable to genesis net 2 
- extra damage to tek turrets 20%

Male's abilities: 

- Brutal terrestrial strength: he will be able to charge and throw enemies with his powerful chitin horn (if he keeps hold of the victim he will do high progressive damage until he kills him). 

- Canelo blows: ramming with his horn will slightly push enemies like the diplodocus, but with additional damage.

Male duel: between males there will be a fighting system with his horns, the stronger one will defeat the other by ramming or charging him (perfect for tournaments).
* Male passive: 
- Pursuit: if there is another non-allied flyer near the bastion he will have 15% more speed and endurance.
- Last breath: when he is at a quarter of life he releases pheromones that cover him completely, giving him for a short period of time a 90% reduction in damage received that will cloud the enemy's vision.

the bastion is a beetle that can carry more than 100 times its own weight, although the female is stronger than the male.

Abilities of the female: 

.* Female abilities: 
- strong bite: with its powerful take small to medium-sized creatures, but with a considerable low range unlike the male. 
- architect: with her jaws she will be able to take any structure from your base to move them to another place (like the exo mek). 
* Female passives: 
- Tough as steel: when the female is at half health she will have an extra 50% damage resistance.
- Flee: when directly attacked she releases pharamones that slow the enemy very briefly (3 seconds per attack)

•    Bastion of war:
Your mount will be made at the manufacturer, your bastion will become a war machine:
- What does the mount offer in general?
- light thrusters: using gasoline as fuel, you will have a decent enough speed to move on the map.
- flashlights: flashlights on your mount perfect for night or go aberration.
- safe rider: the cockpit is perfect for not dismounting.
- ejector seat: only for the driver, when the bastion dies the pilot is ejected from the mount (I hope you have a parachute).
- Extra seat: extra seat with the option to equip the genesis 2 minigun.
- The mounts will grant a new weapon ability for the male and female.

•    Males: 
Males on their mount will have a pair of machine guns modified for their size.
- They will use advanced ammunition.
- at structure levels, it can damage metal structures
- They will overheat
- Will have progressive damage. 
Special ability: 
No overheating: Both machine guns will fire non-stop leaving red hot granting for a brief time x3 in damage.

Female: 

The female, not having her horn, on her mount will change completely and you will see a 90mm cannon.

- She will use only cannon balls or rocket ammunition (both ammunitions have different damage).

- at structure levels, it can damage tek structures.

- It will have reloading times

- These can be intercepted by turrets.

- You will only be able to use the cannon if the beetle is perched on a surface and not in the air. 

Special ability:

Artillery attack: for a short period of time the cadence of the cannon changes giving the opportunity to fire consecutive shots, but with less damage.

Both will have a mount with an extra seat for another passenger with a minigun that you can attach (the new genesis 2 weapon) for the extra passenger. The saddle will have Egyptian details and a thorny dragon caravan skin style cover. 

There has also been mention of high tier tribes creating advanced tek saddles with special abilities.

•    New item!
the bastion exoskeleton is one of the hardest in the ark, the bastion chitin is unique with a hardness difficult to cut and above all to obtain because you have to treat it with patience, the prime chitin that the bastion will offer you to improve your armor, but be careful, the chances of getting the main chitin from the bastion bodies are very low.

*New item. If I’m defensive mode and not speed on the ground it can burrow in the deep sand where the sand worms are. While in this mode it and its rider are protected from sand storms and will gradually add feces to its inventory. Due to its lack of water these feces are highly explosive and can be but in the cannon on the female to be shot as gernades like the dinopiticus.

I bring you the new upgrade only for the riot armor, equip the armor with the powerful prime chitin to become a giant of what i call, the bastion armor.
the user will be offered:
- ballistic damage resistance +40%:
- durability: + 40%
- melee damage resistance +40%.
- armor penetration - 30%
disadvantages:
- speed -40%
- weight +15%.
- heat stroke +10%.
- stamina expenditure if you run: +30%.
- bastion armor can be repaired.
- total blocking of all accessories (wings, gas mask, etc.).

Hold on as the last bastion of your very large base! protect yourself from wildlife! enter caves forgetting about damage, invade bases like in shooters! use bastion armor!

•    utilities: pvp/pve:
-    tired of using rex for the boss? Don't think twice and form a squad of bastions to take out the boss.
-    you haven't unlocked the exomek? with the female's architect skill you can forget about this problem and move the structures you want in your base

image.png

Yeah, big copy and paste but all you literally need to do is try to fit it into scorched earth. Like possibly make it resistant to breath attacks and maybe have deathworms protect their young and stuff like that. Also I feel like the saddles would have to change to make this creature really unique.

16 hours ago, Kaho said:

SE VERSION = CAN DIG SAND with SPIKES like LURKER (brown, faded yellow, tan, bluesih green)
AB VERSION = GLOWING and TOXIC GAS (shiny, iridescent, glowing butt, blue, green, yellow)
EX VERSION = ARTILLERY with BOMBS (polka dots black, ash, red, orange, violet, pink)
GEN 2 = BEETLE COMBINED with PLAYER = EXOSUIT Watch Blue Beetle Trailer and you will get Beetle skills (galaxy colors)

100% love this idea I feel like we need more variant dinos

• CampJz changed the title to Bastion beetle- desert version New Details!!
18 hours ago, Kaho said:

Super appreciate the help posted in the post above for wild card. Credit to you 

• CampJz changed the title to [War Machine]- [Giga Tamer]Desert Version Bastion Beetle New Details!!

ill have to remove my vote.. you realistically should have just credited the original submitter from the last creature vote, copy and pasted their ideas and pictures/art, and left it at that

edit: yes, variants are nice but ark doesnt have the R allo shoot fireballs, X allo fart toxic gas and basic allo just scream, its just different patterns..

3 minutes ago, WitheringSoul113001 said:

ill have to remove my vote.. you realistically should have just credited the original submitter from the last creature vote, copy and pasted their ideas and pictures/art, and left it at that

edit: yes, variants are nice but ark doesnt have the R allo shoot fireballs, X allo fart toxic gas and basic allo just scream, its just different patterns..

Fair enoughThat is a god point but the crystal wyverns do different things though 

4 minutes ago, WitheringSoul113001 said:

Although I will change it so it will be more balanced 

As much as I hate to say it, I really can't vote for the beetle this contest.

The original idea, while powerful, still had a good idea of balance and niche and a realistic scope for the suggestion. While not every mechanic gets in, it was feasible enough that a majority of the idea could translate well to the game if it was added.

This new concept doesn't have that. Each title and tag update just seems to make it more wholly OP for the sole purpose of gaining votes. It's just piling more and more abilities on a creature to the point it feels really uninteresting. The fact that not even all of the original art from the previous content made it into the post originally really rubs me the wrong way. In short, it lacks the polish and attention to niche that most of the other top 10 suggestions have.

In addition, it doesn't even touch on the potential new changes that would benefit the concept with ASA's incoming code, it's just OP for OP sake. 

If there's another contest, I hope it returns in a much more reasonable suggestion of mechanics.

Edit to address what may be the final iteration of the concept: Still have the same concerns as before, while a lot of the "OP for the sake of being OP" has been done away with, the suggestion still struggles from waaaaay too much bloat compared to previous iterations of the concept. Will make it much more difficult to narrow down what the community actually wants with the creature were it to get in.

Also, the whole Scorched theming still feels very tacked on, and every other member of the top 10 seems to have a more unique niche that actually brings something to the game without having to sacrifice parts of their concepts

Also also, it just completely invalidates the dung beetle. Dung beetle's niche is fine! There doesn't need to be something that just completely replaces it

Secondary edit to address yet another change: While it's nice to see the creature return to its original concept, it doesn't fix what happened. The concept was already dragged through way too many a change and it just feels disingenuous to change it back just before the contest were to conclude after all the vote pandering and flip flopping.

Tons of more interesting and unique concepts in the top 10 now, all of them suiting scorched earth more, though I still hold true to the fact that I'd like to see this thing in one form or another in future contests

2 minutes ago, ashgcy said:

As much as I hate to say it, I really can't vote for the beetle this contest.

The original idea, while powerful, still had a good idea of balance and niche and a realistic scope for the suggestion. While not every mechanic gets in, it was feasible enough that a majority of the idea could translate well to the game if it was added.

This new concept doesn't have that. Each title and tag update just seems to make it more wholly OP for the sole purpose of gaining votes. It's just piling more and more abilities on a creature to the point it feels really uninteresting. The fact that not even all of the original art from the previous content made it into the post originally really rubs me the wrong way. In short, it lacks the polish and attention to niche that most of the other top 10 suggestions have.

In addition, it doesn't even touch on the potential new changes that would benefit the concept with ASA's incoming code, it's just OP for OP sake. 

If there's another contest, I hope it returns in a much more reasonable suggestion of mechanics.

i hope the original poster, reposts his beetle in the next one

• CampJz changed the title to [War Machine]- [Final Version]Desert Version Bastion Beetle New Details!!

as much as this creature deserves a spot in the game. it doesnt belong in scorched, they will most likely do another vote for the re-release of aberration which would do more good than in scorched it would fit the environment, be the only flyer (excluding drakes) so more people would want to tame it, aswell as it possibly being amazing for reaper tames since maybe the females cannon could have a passive where they shoot though reapers armor more effectivley making females a tad more essential on the map on top of the fact its a beetle and its exoskeleton can stop radiation so you can have access to all of aberration with no issue and could make certain parts of the green and blue zone that bit more challenging.

7 minutes ago, fugi said:

as much as this creature deserves a spot in the game. it doesnt belong in scorched, they will most likely do another vote for the re-release of aberration which would do more good than in scorched it would fit the environment, be the only flyer (excluding drakes) so more people would want to tame it, aswell as it possibly being amazing for reaper tames since maybe the females cannon could have a passive where they shoot though reapers armor more effectivley making females a tad more essential on the map on top of the fact its a beetle and its exoskeleton can stop radiation so you can have access to all of aberration with no issue and could make certain parts of the green and blue zone that bit more challenging.

i can agree it would fit ab, but the beetle does fit scorched, you can find many desert dwelling beetles irl
also, drake isnt a flyer, just a glider lol

2 minutes ago, WitheringSoul113001 said:

i can agree it would fit ab, but the beetle does fit scorched, you can find many desert dwelling beetles irl
also, drake isnt a flyer, just a glider lol

yeah youve got a point but other voted creatures suit scorched much better the moa being a great example, i just personally think it would be more compatible in ab considering its abilities. the drake is the closest thing to a flyer in ab that i could think of to compete against it lmao

5 minutes ago, fugi said:

yeah youve got a point but other voted creatures suit scorched much better the moa being a great example, i just personally think it would be more compatible in ab considering its abilities. the drake is the closest thing to a flyer in ab that i could think of to compete against it lmao

actually, as much as i hate to say it as i love the moa, it doesnt fit the map as they lived in tropical savannas like modern day lions, elephants, etc while the maip or giga raptor would fit better here, hell even the armadillo would be better suited than moa, again tho, i hope moa wins lol

but otherwise the beetle fits both ab n SE perfectly

• CampJz changed the title to [War Machine]-[Orginal]Desert Version Bastion Beetle

Archived