sauropod Seismosaurus: The Wandering Earthshaking Titan/Bronto Foil

Vampiress

Suggestion

Seismosaurus
Common Name: Seismo
Species name: Seismosaurus peregrinans or (Diplodocus peregrinans)
Time: Jurrassic
Temperament: Defensive

IMG_6282.png.42b6331aa7f0aed179542f70ee60e270.png

Seismosaurus while being an Invalid genus in our time having been lumped into Diplodocus as its larger cousin suits this creature perfectly as it appears to shake the very earth it wanders over unusually adapted Hostile Environments unsuitable for other large Sauropods.

Seismo can eat just about any plant matter even Thatch or Cactus if it comes to it, this versatility allows it to exist in the most hostile of environments. Unlike its counterpart Brontosaurus, Seismosaurus is much more adept at combat using its thick muscular neck, weight and whip tail to deal large amounts of damage very quickly its also a lot faster Albeit at the cost of the sheer Defensive bulk of Brontosaurus.

Domesticated: Once domesticated Seismosaurus is a perfectly capital war mount, usually fitted with heavy armour as its unable to carry a platform, this extra mobility and padded armour allow it to function as a battering ram turning even the sturdiest of gates to splinters eventually.

Seismo also has none militant uses, its strong mouth and Hardy teeth allow it to literally rip rocks from the ground nearly intact this grab can also be used to get Seismosaurus to lift smaller creatures up to higher platforms such as Clifftops and Cliff platforms for those who may be afraid of flight or in areas where flight may be difficult or even Impossible.

Health: 1300
Stamina:260
Oxygen: 150
Food: 8000
Weight: 1000
Melee Damage: Tail slap- 70 (1.5x damage to Carni's) 105 Neck slam- 70-105 Bite- 24 - 36 Stomp (10-second cooldown) 110 - 155
Movement Speed: 100%
Torpidity: 7000 Utility saddle: 72 (gives 0 armour)
Warsaddle: 86 (normal saddle works like Trike has base armour of 20)

Why Seismo?: Arks Diplo is tragic and deserves better but that being said Seismo is not Diplo its a sister species and grows far larger and longer than its smaller cousin which is why I had the idea to make it a strong and aggressively Orientated counterpart to the tankier and defensively orientated Bronto swapping the utility of a platform saddle for extra damage and a smidge of its smaller cousins mobility this being said i didn't want to make a pure PvP creature and wanted to give Seismo a couple of unique uses in PvE play as well mostly serving as a way to move dinos and people to where you want them or an extremely efficient but slow and costly gatherer of minerals

5 replies to this server topic

37 minutes ago, Lordtitanosaur said:

Seismosaurus doesn't exist it's just a diplodocus maybe this could be supersaurus instead just my opinion 

It is a diplodocid. The family that is named after diplodocaus. It contains amphicoelias, apatosaurus (aka the bronto because brontosaurus doesnt exist either), and Seismosaurus is simply another member of this group. The easiest way I can picture this is something like a bulky amarga with a long whip like tail and a "solid beam" like build. Even supersaurus is a genus of diplodocid. Supersaurus is just a diplodocus too. 

15 hours ago, Lordtitanosaur said:

Actually brontosaurus is a valid genus as of 2015 apatosaurus and brontosaurus are separate genus  so is supersaurus I only mentioned it cause seismosaurus is just a species of diplodocus as of 2008 not it's own genus also you could use barosaurus too but still it's your submission i'm glad to see more sauropods submitted any way I'll gladly vote for this 

And this is why I have a love/hate paleontology. I can take notes and noyes and notes and one year I'm in the right mind and the general consensus is considered correct only for a short time later for it to be wrong. 

I read a 2022 study that said seismo was a different species again. Then I just saw another article from this year telling me it isn't so you know what I'll just take your word for it. 

8 hours ago, DJ4275 said:

It is a diplodocid. The family that is named after diplodocaus. It contains amphicoelias, apatosaurus (aka the bronto because brontosaurus doesnt exist either), and Seismosaurus is simply another member of this group. The easiest way I can picture this is something like a bulky amarga with a long whip like tail and a "solid beam" like build. Even supersaurus is a genus of diplodocid. Supersaurus is just a diplodocus too. 

Actually brontosaurus is a valid genus as of 2015 apatosaurus and brontosaurus are separate genus  so is supersaurus I only mentioned it cause seismosaurus is just a species of diplodocus as of 2008 not it's own genus also you could use barosaurus too but still it's your submission i'm glad to see more sauropods submitted any way I'll gladly vote for this 

Archived