Coelophysis-The Hunting Shoulder Pet

LoganTheWyrmLord

Suggestion

Name: Coelophysis

Species: Coelophysis Carpeus

Time Period: Triassic

Temperament: Opportunistic

Wild: Coelophysis Carpeus is a predatory dinosaur I have encountered across the ARKs. Nimble and small Coelophysis roam in large packs. When alone Coelophysis is quite reluctant to attack, however when in the presence of others, it gains increased vigor and confidence. This makes a group of Coelophysis quite dangerous, and I have seen them take down prey significantly larger than themselves.

Domestic: It appears that Coelophysis has specifically adapted to hunting small animals which makes them a useful exterminator of pests. I have even seen survivors train their Coelophysis to pull small creatures from the shoulders of other survivors. The Coelophysis varies in size and smaller individuals could even hang on a survivor's shoulder. Survivors should be wary when breeding these creatures as they are highly cannibalistic, and I have seen more than one survivor stare helplessly in horror as their new Coelophysis hatchling is devoured by the pack.

Abilities: Coelophysis is a small carnivore that uses hit and run tactics and will grow increasingly bold like Hyaenodon. The abilities of Coelophysis include a damage resistance boost when they devour other Coelophysis and get a damage boost in the presence of small rival carnivores like Troodon or Dilophosaurus. The most notable features of Coelophysis are their ability to snatch shoulder pets from a survivor's shoulder and they would also be able to detect nearby predators and prey by exhibiting a behavior similar to a jerboas behave to weather. These features would make them a very useful early-mid game creature to aid you in the harsh deserts of Scorched Earth.

Utilities: Makes a handy survival creature for hunting and protecting yourself from wild creatures. For PVP they are useful for stealing shoulder pets like sinomacrops or pegomastax and quickly dispatching them. 

*Art done by Lapis Lazuli*

Coelophysis_Dossier.png

3 replies to this server topic

Full Name: Coelophysis triassicus (Name's still a work in progress)

Common Name: Coelophysis

Diet: Carnivore

Time: Triassic

Temperament: Skittish

Wild: Out of all the creatures on Scorched Earth, the Coelophysis is the most interesting. Think of this creature as a more docile version of the Dilo. It will flee if you get too close to it and its not very strong. However, I've seen it get along pretty well with Raptors to the point where the Raptors will not attack it and. On top of that, if anything attacks the Coelophysis, every raptor in the vicinity will defend this little guy. I still don't know why to this day but I'm currently doing research as we speak.

Tamed: To tame a Coelophysis, you must first kill any raptor in the vicinity for if you walk too close to it, the raptors will attack you. Not to mention the Coelophysis will flee from you. Once all the Raptors are defeated, you must prove to the Coelophysis that you can be trusted by killing any nearby smaller creatures towards it, Kind of like the Carcha back on the Island. Do this enough times and you will have a trustworthy companion. While too small to be ridden, having one or a group of these critters can be very useful when encountering Raptors. As long as you have at least one Coelophysis by your side, Raptors will not attack you. However, you still have to watch out for any other predator, in fact, when your Coelophysis gets attacked by a Sabertooth or a Wolf, any Raptors that are nearby whill actually rush over to help defend the Coelophysis. The Coelophysis also has a call where if there are any raptors near by, you will temporarily be able to aid you on attacking any target.

download.jpg

Archived