Server crashes after ~5 or 10 minutes of gameplay ARK app just closes

I'm running on a PC with the Windows Store version of ARK.  I set it to run dedicated mode, and all seems well.

3 of us join and we play for 5 or 10 minutes but then Ark on the dedicated server just closes out and crashes back to the desktop.

This then causes the game to stop accepting new commands and then the players get a disconnect/server stopped responding error.

I can't find any log files, so I'm having trouble seeing what is causing the Ark app to stop working and crash to desktop without any error messages.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?

Thank you

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2023 at 5:18 PM, ArkNoob5 said:

I'm running on a PC with the Windows Store version of ARK.  I set it to run dedicated mode, and all seems well.

3 of us join and we play for 5 or 10 minutes but then Ark on the dedicated server just closes out and crashes back to the desktop.

This then causes the game to stop accepting new commands and then the players get a disconnect/server stopped responding error.

I can't find any log files, so I'm having trouble seeing what is causing the Ark app to stop working and crash to desktop without any error messages.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?

Thank you

A few friends and myself have a very similar setup, hosting a dedicated server on both real hardware and a virtual machine, using the Windows Store version of the game, we then have a mix of players on Xboxes and PC's connecting.

All seems well, and the game runs fine, but it will randomly crash without an error message or anything left in the Windows Event Logs.  When I've been running the virtual machine dedicated server, I can watch the game disappear as the host and my game client are on the same physical machine, but absolutely nothing is shown or left behind.

Did you get any further or not?

• 4 months later...