Dpooly69

Suggestion

Shunosaurus.jpg

Species: Shunosaurus jiangyiensis

Time: Late Jurassic

Diet: Herbivore

Temperment: Territorial

Wild
Often found roaming the forests of the island and standing taller than the Diplo but smaller than the Bronto Shunosaurus is one herbivore you don't want to mess with. unlike most Sauropod dinosaurs the shunosaurus has a very short neck in comparison to most of it's relatives only being about as tall as a Rex it's also highly terrotorial and will attack nearly any creature that approaches the herd using it's special Tail Club. the club is comprised of bone and is similar to the tail club of an ankylosaurus however unlike the ankylosaurus the tail of the shunosaurus is much more powerful able to shatter bones of creatures twice the size of it not only is it powerful but it is also incredibly dextrous as the shunosaurus is able to use it in a similar way to the trunk of a mammoth able to pick up and throw objects. they also have probably the most complex social structure of any creature on the island with them showing incredible empathy to other weaker members of the herd and giving them priority also going out of their way to defend any member of the herd that is attacked it reminds me a lot of the social structure of Elephants in fact. 

Domesticated 
The shunosaurus is incredibly loyal to it's herd and will only submit to a survivor if they somehow manage to gain it's loyalty by protecting it or it's herd from attack I myself saved a group of Shunosaurus from a pack of Allosaurs and they quickly warmed up to me. Once tamed the shunosaurus makes an incredibly versatile mount Able to use it's large club tail to deal severe damage to opponents even able to inflict severe bone breaks on them causing them to be drastically slowed I even saw a tamed Shunosaurus break the leg of a Giganotosaurus before. the tail club is also excellent at farming resources similar to the ankylosaurus able to shatter stone, metal and Obsidian with ease. the shunosaurus also like it's cousins the Brontosaurus and Titanosaurus can use a platform saddle however this one comes with a forge built in to smelt any collected metal all of this often causes debates between what's better the Ankylosaurs or Shunosaurus as some prefer the smaller size and ease of transport of the Ankylosaurus while some prefer the conviniance and better defence of the shunosaurus    

Abilities

Tail whip attack the attack has massive range due to the long tail of the Shunosaurus and has a chance to inflict a new status effect

Tail spin attack similar to the charc but with far more range and higher damage can also stun enemies but it has a cooldown and uses up a lot of stamina

Can cause a new status effect broken bones this causes the effected creature to be briefly stunned and then move incredibly slowly for a short period 

Can grab and throw creatures using it's tail by wrapping it around them similar to how the mammoth can pick up creatures with it's trunk largest creatures it can pick up are Carnos and Chalicos 

Can collect resources with it's tail whip attack like the anky 

has a new buff similar to the pack buffs of the direwolves and allos this will be called the herd buff and causes the damage resistance of the Shunosauruses to increase and gives them a damage buff and movement speed increase

has a Platform saddle but this one comes with a Forge built in so any metal collected can instantly be smelted 

Can damage stone structures with it's tail attack

Taming Method
in order to tame it you have to gain it's respect by saving it or a juvenile member of it's group from attack this will cause the Shunosaurus to become passive to you and allow you to ride it once on the shunosaurus you have to go and collect berries for it with each berry contributing to it's taming 

Final notes
The shunosaurus would not end up as a replacement for the Ankylo as while it can collect the same resources, smelt them instantly and defend itself unlike the anky It is far too large to be picked up by a quetzel or wyvern and it's movement speed is lacking so the Anky and quetz combo would still be the optimal choice in a lot of senarios 

the Shunosaurus would be around the size of a rex or spino larger than it's smaller relatives like the Amargasaurus and Diplo but smaller than the Bronto and titanosaurus 

Shunosaurus would have juvanile members of it's herd similar to the dinopithicus and Kiraku  

6 replies to this server topic

Wild: 

shunosaurus congregor a peaceful herbivore that spends it's days attempting to build a nest for it lay eggs, rest, and breed.

I've often seen herd of them with often two or more members, if a member of the herd is attacked, the entire herd will come to defend the herd member, so if you are planning to hunt down a shunosaurus, best reconsider your decisions.

Domesticated: 

once tamed, shunosaurus congregor is an incredibly useful dinosaur capable of carrying things such as wood, stone, and thatch with little effort. 

Tribes that use shunosaurus Make use of the club on the edge of it's tail to gather large amount of stone to aid in the building of houses, I've also witness tribes stomping trees to gather wood aswell as to defend against any dangerous foe.

Curiously, I've noticed that shunosaurus is weirdly intelligent compared to most of the other herbivores as it will rear it's head up to assist in making houses, which the builder's are quite happy with, because it allows easier access to resources stored on the shunosaurus.

573px-Shunosaurus_life_restoration.jpg

1726991411_download(107).jpg.24f6cb4932e681f049fffa38f24283ea.jpgSome_image.width-800.b16cf96.jpg.fa977116bbad08ef303471e6e8d5ff1a.jpgThe shunosaurus would be a dinosaur around the size of a diplo and would be a good metal and stone gatherer with a platform saddle making dor a good mid tear Dino. This would be a knockout tame and the saddle should be around lvl 35-40 it would also be a great Barry gatherer and would also be able to gather fiber 

10 minutes ago, EmpirorStages said:

1726991411_download(107).jpg.24f6cb4932e681f049fffa38f24283ea.jpgSome_image.width-800.b16cf96.jpg.fa977116bbad08ef303471e6e8d5ff1a.jpgThe shunosaurus would be a dinosaur around the size of a diplo and would be a good metal and stone gatherer with a platform saddle making dor a good mid tear Dino. This would be a knockout tame and the saddle should be around lvl 35-40 it would also be a great Barry gatherer and would also be able to gather fiber 

I think it should be around Rex, Paracer or spino size personally we have 2 small Sauropods already good ideas though

11 hours ago, fachrifighting said:

Wild: 

shunosaurus congregor a peaceful herbivore that spends it's days attempting to build a nest for it lay eggs, rest, and breed.

I've often seen herd of them with often two or more members, if a member of the herd is attacked, the entire herd will come to defend the herd member, so if you are planning to hunt down a shunosaurus, best reconsider your decisions.

Domesticated: 

once tamed, shunosaurus congregor is an incredibly useful dinosaur capable of carrying things such as wood, stone, and thatch with little effort. 

Tribes that use shunosaurus Make use of the club on the edge of it's tail to gather large amount of stone to aid in the building of houses, I've also witness tribes stomping trees to gather wood aswell as to defend against any dangerous foe.

Curiously, I've noticed that shunosaurus is weirdly intelligent compared to most of the other herbivores as it will rear it's head up to assist in making houses, which the builder's are quite happy with, because it allows easier access to resources stored on the shunosaurus.

573px-Shunosaurus_life_restoration.jpg

I really like the building assist idea that sounds like it could be really interesting

Archived