Pterygotus- the monster Eurypterid

Monster0

Suggestion

This crocodile sized Eurypterid, sea scorpion, lived during the Silurian  period of the Paleozoic Era. It was the one of the largest arthropods to ever live. In Ark I believe it would live in the ocean, and cross into rivers similar to the real one. I think for abilities Pterygotus  would be able to burrow under the sand and leap out with a grab attack that could pick up unfortunate players and creatures. It’s thick armor would make it incredibly tough, but the dunkleosteus would be easily able to stop it. This nightmare of a creature could also produce torpor like it’s smaller cousins already in the game. Another idea is that they live in burrows and collect items similar to the giant beaver.
Wild: in the wild it would be a pretty aggressive creature, this treasure collector when threatened would have a tail whip ability like the baryonx, but instead of paralysis it would endure torpor. 
taming: to tame this monster arthropod you would have to wait for it leave it’s burrow to look for food, then sneak over to the burrow and see what items it would want to collect, then you place an item in there and run. Once an item is placed it goes over to check and gets progress on the taming meter. After completing it’s wishlist a mini game is triggered in this you help the pterygotus  hunt, and find treasure. During the mini game the rest of the taming bar gets filled, but go quick because it has low patience. 
Domesticated: once domesticated it can help you endure torpor in the water, but beware the dunkleosteuos for they are it’s mortal enemy. The dunky’s jaws can shatter the chitin of your new scorpion pal, but many other marine creatures better watch out because this scorpion’s armor is pretty powerful. It also keeps the previously mentioned tail whip and can burrow underground and collect recourses such as metal, obsidian, crystal, and stone. It’s last attack is a grab attack that can pick up smaller creatures.
pvp: this creature would have a few pvp uses such as stealing the inventories of players you killed. And it with it’s burrow it could be a great surprise attack.

That is my pitch for pterygotus  for the ark creatures vote of 2023! And thanks to anyone who votes for my creature!

0F6FA1B7-B4C3-475B-80E6-6D03D078FF0C.jpeg

B3B4292B-11AD-4C64-888F-C885FFF78220.jpeg

D3C6EC0C-6C77-4C14-A20D-EFC1865F8DA4.jpeg

89A8E581-CE75-4323-AC2F-40FBEC1D9C37.jpeg

6 replies to this server topic

The largest Eurypeterid and big enough that it could be ridden. It could be able to grab medium to small creatures and would fill in that gab for sea creatures to tame other sea creatures without having to tame a Tuso ( Grab others and knock them out ). His claws could also make it possible to farm underwater rocks for flint, since Dunkleostos already has the role for metal.

maxresdefault.jpg

large-eurypterid-size-comparison.jpg

Archived